Ascendancy points can be rewarded out of Labyrinth. Lab is forced just to have a build

"
sidtherat wrote:
"
HeliaXDemoN wrote:
While I need to make the lab to have the ascendancy class, I will never come back to the game.

took the liberty to check your characters. as expected - these are the target of what GGG tries to do: glass cannons, over-usage of uniques, bad flasks, low life, no defenses except 'maybe ill make it'

it is not the lab (traps) that kills you - it is Izaro. am i right?
I not even tried to make the lab on standard.

I only made the lab on the league and I hated so much that I will never come back to that.
LOL ^
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Currently leveling my witch in the lab. It is more fun than running Dried Lake to be honest. Only problem is the 10% XP loss on the (more likely) death. Got oneshot by Izaro several times already (in all phases) ;).

Anyways, I kind of support the idea to award all Ascendancy points when running Merciless lab even if the ones before have not been run. That gives the choice between running it on the lower difficulties to get stronger and ignoring it. The problem with that is that the builds that actually need the extra power in Cruel / early Merciless probably are too weak to finish it. Completely removing the need to run the lab is a bad idea.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
HeliaXDemoN wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
HeliaXDemoN wrote:
While I need to make the lab to have the ascendancy class, I will never come back to the game.

took the liberty to check your characters. as expected - these are the target of what GGG tries to do: glass cannons, over-usage of uniques, bad flasks, low life, no defenses except 'maybe ill make it'

it is not the lab (traps) that kills you - it is Izaro. am i right?
I not even tried to make the lab on standard.

I only made the lab on the league and I hated so much that I will never come back to that.

For the umpteenth time, the main problem with the lab is that many people find it boring tedious and not fun. This is a completely different reason than being too hard difficult, glass cannons, over-usage of uniques, bad flasks, low life, no defenses nonsense that some people keep harping on. People that keep coming back to this irrelevant point need to try harder to listen to what people are saying as to why the labyrinth is disliked. The reason many people find it boring tedious and not fun is primarily due to it being a different style of game play that not everyone that loves regular PoE game play likes. This strawpoll proves that a significant percentage of people have a strong dislike of the labyrinth. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1639251

What I would consider a secondary problem with the labyrinth is that it has to be started all over if one exits, dies, or is disconnected. This is frustrating for multiple reasons. One, because if one dies or is disconnected and that person hates the labyrinth game play then they have to redo the boring tedious and not fun content all over again. Two, it is also frustrating to people that might only have an hour or two of game play time because then they feel like they have wasted a significant portion of their gaming period for that day. It can simply sometimes be difficult for a busy person with limited game play time to have a block of time where they can complete the whole thing in one sitting easily.

Regards,
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"Significant amount of people" lol'd

500 people voting = Significant now lol'd

vocal minority

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Laughing about the "vocal minority" ?

The stats posted by the devs seem to show only a minority of players like the labyrinth. No comment about that ?

Besides, no matter how many times you will repeat yourselves in all those threads, we only see a handful of you guys supporting the labyrinth. Now *that* is a vocal minority.

Lastly, I'm done getting schooled on "how bad labyrinth-haters are" by softcore players.

I realize it won't be possible for you to see things from someone else's point of view, but anyway I felt I had to say it before taking a prolonged break.
Please. No more labyrinth.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
No it doesnt.

Torchlight 2 had traps, traps have been a part of the ARPG genre for a long time. Gauntlet had traps to. Plenty of ARPG had traps in their games.

Do you people just pretend to be ARPG fans without having played a large range of ARPGs ? Because it certainly feels that way when you say traps have no place in the game, when they actually do have place in the game.

That is not correct. There is no arpg on the market that has gated core options behind huge section of levels of traps or puzzles. And I played them all from d1, d2, d3, TQ, GD, TL1, TL2, Sacred 1, Sacred 2, Loki, Marvel Heroes. TL2 has optional puzzles (in side areas) after witch you finish them get a normal chest with random loot. That is optional. Traps never had place in diablo like games, and they where more for action games like gauntlet.

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Labyrinth IS optional content, you dont have to get Ascendacies points. This is a FACT.

No its not. Stop lying and trolling around. Chris specifically said that Labyrinth is NOT OPTIONAL CONTENT, as they designed it as a core part of the game. And they will be balancing the difficulty around it. There is nothing more to say. That is a fact and thats how they designed the game. So less bullshit posting.
Last edited by miljan on Apr 17, 2016, 1:36:29 PM
"
miljan wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
No it doesnt.

Torchlight 2 had traps, traps have been a part of the ARPG genre for a long time. Gauntlet had traps to. Plenty of ARPG had traps in their games.

Do you people just pretend to be ARPG fans without having played a large range of ARPGs ? Because it certainly feels that way when you say traps have no place in the game, when they actually do have place in the game.

That is not correct. There is no arpg on the market that has gated core options behind huge section of levels of traps or puzzles. And I played them all from d1, d2, d3, TQ, GD, TL1, TL2, Sacred 1, Sacred 2, Loki, Marvel Heroes. TL2 has optional puzzles (in side areas) after witch you finish them get a normal chest with random loot. That is optional. Traps never had place in diablo like games, and they where more for action games like gauntlet.

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Labyrinth IS optional content, you dont have to get Ascendacies points. This is a FACT.

No its not. Stop lying and trolling around. Chris specifically said that Labyrinth is NOT OPTIONAL CONTENT, as they designed it as a core part of the game. And they will be balancing the difficulty around it. There is nothing more to say. That is a fact and thats how they designed the game. So less bullshit posting.
Ascendancy points arent core to the game, you dont need them. Argument automatic invalidated when you say its core to the game when it isnt.

You keep on calling me a troll yet you refuse to accept the fact that builds that worked prior to 2.2 work exactly how they did before.

lol'd

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Ascendancy points arent core to the game, you dont need them. Argument automatic invalidated when you say its core to the game when it isnt.

You keep on calling me a troll yet you refuse to accept the fact that builds that worked prior to 2.2 work exactly how they did before.

lol'd

I dont care what you say. The GGG said that it is core part of the game and that the game will be balanced around you having those points. He knows a lot more about it than you. So "lol" how much the fuck you want. Everything after normal you can call optional. So as I said stop with your bullshit posting and look at facts. This is from now on a core part of the game as devs wanted it to be.
Last edited by miljan on Apr 17, 2016, 1:44:45 PM
Here's the figures from the strawpoll.

29% - 1 (the worst possible rating)
6% - 2
10% - 3
8% - 4
7% - 5
7% - 6
11% - 7
12% - 8
4% - 9
6% - 10 (the best possible rating)

So people hating is 29% versus people loving is 6%.
People with a strong dislike is 35% versus a strong like is 10%.
People with a mild to strong dislike is 60% versus a mild to strong like is 40%.

If that is a minority of people disliking the labyrinth, it is a significant minority. I would think that if GGG wants to retain and grow their user base then we, who dislike the labyrinth, are doing a significant service to GGG and the game by voicing our feedback and suggestions here in the "Feedback and Suggestions" forum.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info