[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

Would linking Reckoning and Fortify instead of the Increased Duration that you're replacing? That would save the time needed to reset fortify in the middle of a fight with shield charge. Or does that not work? I'm at work and can't test it right now. :(
TabSluppins - Pizza guy
Great guide!!! Gonna try it out. Only 1 question though. I have around 200 spare chaos that I would love to invest into this build, and not quite sure which variant I should pick aurora + 6l or varunastra? Really want to use Whirling Blades as my movement skill but not sure if doing so is right choice if I want to beat T15 maps and eventually guardians.
Last edited by MrOleg on Sep 21, 2016, 1:23:48 PM
Guide updated after completing all T15 maps and all Guardians. Hope you find some useful tips there for those fights.

I suggest initial section "Changes on Guide, Atlas Progress & Boss Fights" for those who already are using this guide as for those who read it for the first time.
"
squ1shed wrote:
Would linking Reckoning and Fortify instead of the Increased Duration that you're replacing? That would save the time needed to reset fortify in the middle of a fight with shield charge. Or does that not work? I'm at work and can't test it right now. :(

Fortify doesn't work with Reckoning. Atm I'm using again Faster Attacks, but maybe another Vaal Haste could be useful: 3x Vaal Haste + Inc. Duration. Just saying.
I don't really need faster attacks on Shield Charge as long as Blood Rage is active like you've stated in the past. I need to try out this Vaal Haste and increased duration. Is there a specific reason Fortify doesn't work with Reckoning? I'm not seeing an issue with the key words. :( I mean I believe you in that it doesn't work, just wondering if you know why.
TabSluppins - Pizza guy
"
MrOleg wrote:
Great guide!!! Gonna try it out. Only 1 question though. I have around 200 spare chaos that I would love to invest into this build, and not quite sure which variant I should pick aurora + 6l or varunastra? Really want to use Whirling Blades as my movement skill but not sure if doing so is right choice if I want to beat T15 maps and eventually guardians.

Right now I was able to clear all maps from T1 to T15, including deathless Core. I completed all Guardians too. All this was made with posted gear and tree. And there's a section at the very beginning explaining every hard fight.

I did all this with the BoR/Soul Taker version of the build and imo, is comfortable enough all the way. If you go Varunastra, you will get a little more DPS with no drawbacks, plus being able to use Whirling Blades and, if you like, Reave.

Originally, this build was made for Perandus and I used Varunastra all the way. After league end, I change to Soul Taker because Varunastra was league related. But then, they release a Div Card with Varunastra again, so I included it, as an alternative setup.

After 3 weeks on league, Varunastra price is close to an almost perfect roll of Soul Taker. So is up to you. I don't recommend too much the 6L+Aegis right now, I'm really happy with how the build worked on T15/Guardians with such low budget.
"
squ1shed wrote:
I don't really need faster attacks on Shield Charge as long as Blood Rage is active like you've stated in the past. I need to try out this Vaal Haste and increased duration. Is there a specific reason Fortify doesn't work with Reckoning? I'm not seeing an issue with the key words. :( I mean I believe you in that it doesn't work, just wondering if you know why.

Vaal Haste + Inc. Duration was really helpful on T15 bosses and Guardians.

About Fortify, quote wiki:

"
Fortify is a support gem. It grants linked melee skills a chance to give the player the Fortify buff, which reduces incoming damage from hits by 20%. This effect only applies to active melee skills and does not work with trigger gems.

Wow. You'd think I would have retained that information when I read the wiki the first time. Anywho, thanks.
TabSluppins - Pizza guy
Hi Mariano:

How does this build fare against a fully buffed Izaro? Argus? Do you have any recordings of an Uberlab run? Thanks!
"
deadmeat9 wrote:
What does you gear and tree look like?

Passive Tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAAHcBIcFLQaLCiYM9xNME8kUIBRxFewX4RjbGj4g4yFgJJsm-CgqKaUvzDB3MZ4yCTJONZI64TwtPQA9_ECgQXREnka3R35N404yUEdTu1hjWf5fP1_aYSFi7GRSZU1lp2XwZ5tsRmzYbztybHKpdO108XVOdqx343gNeTl673zZfuKBm4IHg1-DzITZhO-K8ItPjM-PmZd5plemjaluqZWsr64-rlC18raKtz65Hb02vni-p8AawL_BgsGjxBXE9sauxtjKkM9-02_Yvdl82sHiYeRR6UbqGO8O8i_yQfJF9kj3MvdN-Ov-Cv5r_o8=?accountName=spartacusbringerofrain&characterName=EssentialSC

Gems and links:
BoR: Cleave + Concentrated Effect + Multistrike + Added Fire Damage
ST: Hatred + Herald of Ash + Arctic Armor
Shield: Shield Charge + Ancestral Protector + Fortify (was using Ancestral Warchief for a long time, decided to switch to Prot and see how it's going, so far so good)
Gloves: Cast When Damage Taken + Tempest Shield + Vulnerability/Enfeeble + Summon Flame Golem
Boots: Vaal Haste + Blood Rage + Increased Duration + Blood Magic
I was thinking of getting Rallying Cry when fighting T16 bosses for even extra damage, i will probably try it out when i decide how to properly implement it into the sockets (maybe unset ring?)

Cleave dps fully buffed (Blood Rage with 3 frenzy charges, Totem, both dps flasks, Vaal Haste, but no golem on this one lol)

There's still room for gear improvement, i was thinking of changing Basalt or one of the healing pots to Taste of Hate. I'm not satisfied very much with my rings, still struggling to achieve my goal: have enough dex/int/dps from gear to remove +30 attrib passives and invest into my 4th jewel. I'll also buy anvil with 4% block and 450+ armor when price drops. I'll get even better ST and my ultimate goal is BoR with Cleave, current BoR is great for Static Strike though.

TO THE TOPIC AUTHOR: I know that you prefer SS but no matter how hard i tried and no matter what gem combinations i tested for SS, i found Cleave much better skill overall. Also, attack speed with Cleave is higher, so your map movement is also faster. I tried following combos for SS:
SS + PtL + WED + MS = top dps, extremely rippy with ele ref maps
SS + AFD + WED + MS
SS + WED + LD + MS = for me this combo might be the best one, Less Duration is probably the most useful gem for SS and you can run ele ref maps without a problem. The only drawback is that requires RRRR sockets so if you don't intend to run cleave and just play SS this one is probably for you. You can also use LL if you want more defensive approach.

I was testing running T16 with Cleave + SS swap (Cleave + IAOE + MS + AFD is by far the quickest map clear), then switching to SS + PtL + WED + MS for top DPS and both setups require RRRB sockets. But since i don't like SS that much (even though i have perf SS dmg enchant on my BoR) i found Cleave much much better.

Also, Inc Dura doesn't work with Fortify so you are wasting the gem socket.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info