[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

Hi Mas,
Just wondering if you would be able to throw together a quick levelling guide?
"
Tayatoshi wrote:
I was just wondering and simply out of curiosity, if you were to choose an unique belt and/or gloves - what would it be ?

This build already has too many uniques, I strongly recommend not adding another. As you can see, you need to cap resistances based only in gloves + belt + boots + 1 ring, plus, you need all the life you can get from that four items.

But, answering your question, I guess Maligaro's Virtuosity has good stats for this build (Attack Speed, Crit Chance/Multi).

And for the belt, could be a Lightning Doryani's Invitation (Lightning Damage, Armour and Resistances) or a Meginord's Girdle: such a great low level item (Flat Physical, Life from STR and 10% increased maximum Life boost).
Do you think I can replace static strike with an another attack ? I don't really like this one, was wondering about going full phys + added fire with Cleave + IncAoe or something like that

Also very good job I will finally be able to use my varunastra :p

I'm doing this build now, leveling with Facebreakers. It's looking great, Mas!

If anyone else is gonna try this build, I recommend leveling with something like this

1shotting every pack and it's still relatively safe in HC. I have Blasphemy and Warlord's Mark. Can't wait to swap over to Varunastra and BoR when I hit maps! :)
"
iks0r34 wrote:
Do you think I can replace static strike with an another attack ? I don't really like this one, was wondering about going full phys + added fire with Cleave + IncAoe or something like that

Also very good job I will finally be able to use my varunastra :p

Sure, I choose Static Strike just for personal preference. A full block build always seem to me pretty versatile about choosing the main attack, but now, thanks to Varunastra, is even more.

Just consider in your case if Amplify is worthy or if you already got Amplify, if you really need Increased AoE. Not saying you don't, just take into consideration. Take into account that with this build you're pretty tight with the INT attribute (90 in my case) and if you need INT from gear, there's no much suffixes left for cap resistances.

Glad you like the build!
"
OlaSarcasm wrote:
I'm doing this build now, leveling with Facebreakers. It's looking great, Mas!

If anyone else is gonna try this build, I recommend leveling with something like this

1shotting every pack and it's still relatively safe in HC. I have Blasphemy and Warlord's Mark. Can't wait to swap over to Varunastra and BoR when I hit maps! :)

Glad you like it! And thanks for sharing your recommendations.

I never played in HC so it would be great that you can share how this build works for you in HC. One additional thought: always keep in mind the "Things that can kill you" section of the guide! Secondary damage was a nasty surprise for me sometimes.
"
Ruinator wrote:
Hi Mas,
Just wondering if you would be able to throw together a quick levelling guide?

I updated the guide with some levelling tips: passive trees for 42-70-90 points, levelling gear and some other general tips that I consider useful. Please, let me know if you miss something important.
I was testing out LS(lighting strike) in the place of static and it seem like it did more dmg then static and the clear speed was faster. I was wondering if you can test it out and tell me your opinion on it? right now i can tell which does better lol
"
I was testing out LS(lighting strike) in the place of static and it seem like it did more dmg then static and the clear speed was faster. I was wondering if you can test it out and tell me your opinion on it? right now i can tell which does better lol

LS is a great skill and I like it. I guess for clear speed is better than Static Strike, and I was testing it right now (after a while I don't use it) and it works great not changing anything. From the DPS tooltip, it does more DPS, but I still choose Static Strike because it truly works best against single target (mostly bosses).

I guess that's because the explosions that Static Strike does (that doesn't appear in the DPS tooltip) should count as additional AoE damage that also applies to the main target being hit. The skill says "Explosion deals 40% less Damage" and a discharge occurs 0.75s after each hit, so that damage should be added for single target considerations (and Amplify gives a 20% AoE damage boost too).

Another minor consideration for me is that you have less control against elemental reflect with LS, because the spread projectiles range, and maybe that could be an issue from time to time.

[Added] "not changing anything", well, not exactly. Amplify is useless with LS...
Last edited by mas_mariano on Apr 20, 2016, 2:26:08 PM
"
mas_mariano wrote:
"

LS is a great skill and I like it. I guess for clear speed is better than Static Strike, and I was testing it right now (after a while I don't use it) and it works great not changing anything. From the DPS tooltip, it does more DPS, but I still choose Static Strike because it truly works best against single target (mostly bosses).

I guess that's because the explosions that Static Strike does (that doesn't appear in the DPS tooltip) should count as additional AoE damage that also applies to the main target being hit. The skill says "Explosion deals 40% less Damage" and a discharge occurs 0.75s after each hit, so that damage should be added for single target considerations (and Amplify gives a 20% AoE damage boost too).

Another minor consideration for me is that you have less control against elemental reflect with LS, because the spread projectiles range, and maybe that could be an issue from time to time.

[Added] "not changing anything", well, not exactly. Amplify is useless with LS...

If i go LS instead of ST getting Aoe nodes and gem slots would affect the dmg or no?(increase)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info