[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
hyukin wrote:
"
jay5323 wrote:
Hi I still have more work to be done for my duelist, but can any of you check my character and see what can I improve from there for dps? I feel like im not getting enough dps

Can't see your characters but whats your level and did you spec into damage trees yet?

sorry I changed the privacy setting so you can see my character.
im still workin on way to damage tree but not that many yet. I went for hp nodes first. so Im around 30k dps with auras. Is this normal or am I below average ?
"
jay5323 wrote:
"
hyukin wrote:
"
jay5323 wrote:
Hi I still have more work to be done for my duelist, but can any of you check my character and see what can I improve from there for dps? I feel like im not getting enough dps

Can't see your characters but whats your level and did you spec into damage trees yet?

im still workin on way to damage tree but not that many yet. I went for hp nodes first. so Im around 30k dps with auras. Is this normal or am I below average ?

Yes sounds right considering your tree and gear. One of your rings has added fire damage and weapon elemental damage, ditch that for a pure added physical damage like the other ring. Those mods only increase your dps by like 0.5 to 1%, whereas a good phys damage ring will increase you dps by like 4-5% (I've calculated it).

Also, how come you didn't ascend? You will soon i guess, and gratuitous violence (merc lab) is huge for map clearing.

You may want to grab an atziri's promise flask, it'll give you about 25% more dps on use.

Lastly, may i suggest you try sunder? Sunder-multistrike-added fire-conc effect on BoR should work, as posted in the original guide. It's better in every aspect than static strike for general mapping (something changed a few patches ago and then it became good).

I'm using a slightly different setup than the original guide, but i switched to the original guide to see my tooltip dps in hideout. With only hatred and herald of ash, and nothing else, it's about 80k unbuffed (for sunder), and about 240k fully buffed using the original setup.

Can't see your characters but whats your level and did you spec into damage trees yet?[/quote]

im still workin on way to damage tree but not that many yet. I went for hp nodes first. so Im around 30k dps with auras. Is this normal or am I below average ?[/quote]

Yes sounds right considering your tree and gear. One of your rings has added fire damage and weapon elemental damage, ditch that for a pure added physical damage like the other ring. Those mods only increase your dps by like 0.5 to 1%, whereas a good phys damage ring will increase you dps by like 4-5% (I've calculated it).

Also, how come you didn't ascend? You will soon i guess, and gratuitous violence (merc lab) is huge for map clearing.

You may want to grab an atziri's promise flask, it'll give you about 25% more dps on use.

Lastly, may i suggest you try sunder? Sunder-multistrike-added fire-conc effect on BoR should work, as posted in the original guide. It's better in every aspect than static strike for general mapping (something changed a few patches ago and then it became good).

I'm using a slightly different setup than the original guide, but i switched to the original guide to see my tooltip dps in hideout. With only hatred and herald of ash, and nothing else, it's about 80k unbuffed (for sunder), and about 240k fully buffed using the original setup.[/quote]

Thank you so much for detailed guide! I havnt played POE for almost 2 years and there are so many things to catch up. I did take your suggestion and went with Sunder. Dps got lower to 15k however it feels much stronger than static. I can clear packs sooo much faster at safe distance. For the rings, I`m waiting til lvl80 so I can get steel rings with phy dmg.
Thanks for sharing this build!

Reached my First lvl 100

GG
Another thanks for this build! Just got to 85, have all the right pieces and parts other than steel rings. Was a challenge to cap resists for a while with the Anvil amulet, but once I started doing T6+ maps, some good stuff started to drop (had a leaguestone mod that bloodline packs would drop Prismatic rings, ran that in areas that dropped ilvl75+ gear and ended up with almost two dozen prismatics to choose from).

Finally starting to see my dps peak at 90k, keeps getting better with each slight upgrade (I'm thinking steel rings would raise that quite a bit as well as some of those spiked gloves if I can ever find them).

Took me 100 or so chromes to get the $#@^ BoR RRRB. I raged. A LOT. But finally got it and holy...

Bought the belt but didn't notice it was lightning damage instead of phys (then looked specifically for phys belt unique and grrrr too expensive). Should go great with Static Strike, but I'm just not as warm to SS as I am Sunder (I don't have Grat Violence, I'll get it if I can ever do uber lab, went for the blocks first to negate ugly deaths). I keep slotting SS - MS - WeD - P2L and it's okay, but the range on Sunder is HUGE, and I don't notice much difference on tough single-target fights (but I'm only to T9 on maps so far, and again, prob lacking some raw DPS from not having steel rings). Again, I'd probably like SS more if I had Grat Violence ascend point.

Anyway, I'm just a noob who has played for a few years but never got beyond 82 and never did much mapping until I tried this build. Thanks for this great guide!

Question: I've been playing around with Melee Damage on Full Life. It gets higher (quite a bit higher) tooltip damage than Added Fire, and I'm leeching like crazy (especially when mobs are at range dying to my Sunder spikes), so is this a better option than AF? Or would AF be better on average since it doesn't rely on my always being at full life (but it's elemental damage, which a lot of bosses are either resistant or immune to)?

EDIT: PS, this build was originally a mish-mash, so I went to the right on the skill tree and got all the life/block/sword. Now just grinding for currency to buy regrets and finish moving all those skillpoints to the proper spots =/.
Last edited by AngryGames13 on Jul 1, 2017, 12:47:10 AM
"
AngryGames13 wrote:

Question: I've been playing around with Melee Damage on Full Life. It gets higher (quite a bit higher) tooltip damage than Added Fire, and I'm leeching like crazy (especially when mobs are at range dying to my Sunder spikes), so is this a better option than AF? Or would AF be better on average since it doesn't rely on my always being at full life (but it's elemental damage, which a lot of bosses are either resistant or immune to)?

Our dps is okay-good that we reach our leech cap pretty fast (don't worry about leech, you can only leech 20% of your maximum health per second maximum anyways, can't go higher than that). Melee damage on full life can be considered once you have the surrender shield, otherwise there are lots of degen/unblockable effects that our life is not so full all the time, so added fire is probably better on average. However, one thing about elemental damage is that it looks great on tooltip dps but suffers considerably when dealing with bosses, because as you have said, bosses have quite a bit of ele res. But in 3.0 we'll probably switch to brutality (more phys damage multiplier, cant deal ele damage. which is better than both added fire or melee damage on full life) so not much to worry there.

Personally i use poison but that is not going to be viable after 3.0 is implemented.
"
hyukin wrote:
"
AngryGames13 wrote:

Our dps is okay-good that we reach our leech cap pretty fast (don't worry about leech, you can only leech 20% of your maximum health per second maximum anyways, can't go higher than that). Melee damage on full life can be considered once you have the surrender shield, otherwise there are lots of degen/unblockable effects that our life is not so full all the time, so added fire is probably better on average. However, one thing about elemental damage is that it looks great on tooltip dps but suffers considerably when dealing with bosses, because as you have said, bosses have quite a bit of ele res. But in 3.0 we'll probably switch to brutality (more phys damage multiplier, cant deal ele damage. which is better than both added fire or melee damage on full life) so not much to worry there.

Personally i use poison but that is not going to be viable after 3.0 is implemented.

Definitely have a longer fight with added fire over MDoFL. It probably helps that I have a good amount of life regen on my gear (I can stand in everything but chaos and my life doesn't budge, but even the lowly boss of T6 Quarry annihilates me since I haven't capped that resist yet -- I just let my wife's ES Scourge claw flurry char kill it for me since she's immune).

Speaking of poison and 3.0, wife is maxing her Scourge claw flurry now and enjoying it while it lasts as it is pretty OP with both bleed and poison double-dipping (especially on crits it seems).

Still looking for steel rings and spiked gloves. Haven't seen either up to T9, going to do some T10 today.
hey, i'm currently level 59 and looking to farm / purchase my soul taker
there seems to be one problem though, it requires 82 dex and 68 int, and my char only has 63 dex and 64 int?

i've followed the talent tree completely.

confused newb in need of clarification.

edit: nvm seems i missed the art of the gladiator node
Last edited by yoyeo on Jul 5, 2017, 3:59:42 PM
"
yoyeo wrote:
hey, i'm currently level 59 and looking to farm / purchase my soul taker
there seems to be one problem though, it requires 82 dex and 68 int, and my char only has 63 dex and 64 int?

i've followed the talent tree completely.

confused newb in need of clarification.

Attributes can be made up with +DEX / + INT on rings and other gear, as well as the +30 nodes on the skill tree (I've had to take one of each for my build until I hit ~level 75 when I had enough gear stats to respec those points).

It's definitely worth burning two skill points now (or using gear to raise those stats) as Soul Taker allows you to run Hatred + Arctic Armor + Herald of Ash, which = suddenly crazy clear speeds on just about everything.
For more survivability in hard fights (minotaur) would it be worth swapping out Hatred for Determination? I have tried swapping out a damage node for a 12% armor/evasion node but that seemed to do nothing in improving survivability in minotaur fight. I would try it myself but i haven't got a high lvl Determination. Thanks again for the build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info