[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
Does it feel more tanky with that extra health, and similar dps wise? This might be a really good idea for a next step transition from the more budgetish build. Really like to know if it does better on bosses?

As i said it there, didnt run the build yet, will do it in the 1 week legacy race which i thinnk starts tomorrow. And yes, I am pretty sure that 8k life is better than 5k in every possible way, with the only downside that you dont have maxblock without rumis. But you still have 59% block, and while mapping you will have rumis nearly all the time. So this tree essentially gives you 40-60% more hp nearly for free.

PS. No anvil, which means no +3% max block, but it also means that theres no reduces atskp on amulet, and you free up a slot for a rare amulet with life, res, dmg etc., which is huge, but you need to free up 1 flask for rumis. Smth like rumis + 2 life flasks, and pick 2 of these 3: atziri promise, taste of hate, basalt. 40-60% more life pool is still infinitely better with the new tree.
Last edited by Saurus1 on Jun 8, 2017, 9:37:13 PM
Really enjoying the original build so far... issues ive personally run into fresh into the league. I had a terrible time with mana. I really think going mana battery relatively early is a great quality of life choice. Remove it later but I'll be damned if it doesnt make life easier. I wasnt hit often but when I was I didnt really have any leach so I didnt recover very quickly. I wonder if as you are gearing if hemophage area might help out.
"
YT_HB wrote:
"
Isdrydge wrote:
- the surrender itself can provide us the life leech needed to survive ?

The surrender provides 250 life each block so that helps quite a bit. The life leech is minimal but the life gain on hit helps.

"
Isdrydge wrote:
- wear a chest with Bor didn't offer the stats, but the jewels on it can still get xp ?

Yes

"
Isdrydge wrote:
- what is the common gems apply on this build ?

It's up to personal preference really. You can take a look at mine to see what I use. Or look at others in this thread to see what they're using.

"
Isdrydge wrote:
* i want to keep shield charge in addition to faster attack (i like fortify but it could be something i give up for anything better)

There's a jewel that can add fortify if you use cleave. Depending on your main attack and other gems you use, you can have Shield Charge, Faster Attacks, Fortify and Leap Slam/Ancestral Warchief. If you use AW, then that will get Fortify as well. I like the play style of Shield Charge better but I find Leap Slam more useful so I don't get stuck on objects.

"
Isdrydge wrote:
* i see a lots of players using life gain on hit / increase area / life leech support, it is so cool ? life gain on hit proc on Reckoning skill ?

Yes but I'm not really sure how much it actually helps. I use both Life Leech and Life Gain on Hit but I'm not sold on Life Leech in particular.

Many thanks for your help and feedback.

I have bought a surrender and it helps a lot.

I have chose to not use fortify for the moment and take life on hit instead on the shield.

All my next level will be set on life nodes and hope to reach 5 K (at 3.5 for the moment).
Could someone look at my build and tell what i am doing wrong?
In the guide the static strike tooltip reaches 75k dps unbuffed. I need hatred and herald of ash to reach 65k...
Thanks for help!
Will this build suffer at all with end game content without as easy access to The Surrender in 3.0?

What changes would you all recommend for Frost Blades as a main skill?
"
imagran wrote:
Could someone look at my build and tell what i am doing wrong?
In the guide the static strike tooltip reaches 75k dps unbuffed. I need hatred and herald of ash to reach 65k...
Thanks for help!

Use blessed orb and reroll implict on belt to 23-24%, get gloves with flat phys dmg, get 2x steel rings with double flat phys dmg, get jewels with max life%, attack speed, melee dmg with axe/1h weapons/melee, get to lvl 90, get gems to L20/Q20 or if you can afford to L21/Q20, and get your uber lab done, dunno why you dont have lab done already with amount of dps you got.
Last edited by TerryWoT on Jun 10, 2017, 3:29:28 PM
Check out my minotaur kill.
https://youtu.be/NW78yFNe2N4

Feel free to hit me up on the youtube comments, I will reply. I will kill shaper next.
▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽
▷Max Block Gladiator:
▷https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPt5ctg701INB_e6qOolmVg
△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△
Last edited by Megachin502 on Jun 10, 2017, 8:30:27 PM
How does this build have 5.5k health pool? I'm close to having the same from the passive tree and close on gear (will fix that soon here) and I still can't get 5.5k. More like 4.5k.

I took more life leech skills (and max life leech upgrade). I also use Cyclone instead to avoid stuns and use Dream Fragments (another item that means less life, but again, I can match the life in the guide). So I can't be stunned or frozen and can just run around w/ cyclone (had to take mana flows to sustain - but maybe w/ better gear I can refund that) and no BoR, I did Cospri's Will plus Witchbrew flask for dual curse (can use flask while using Cyclone - sneaky) with Blasphemy and Warlord's mark for the infinite endurance charges (don't forget free poison)...and ? It's an amazing build. I can run most maps. I facetanked Izaru in merciless like it was nothing. Got one shotted on Death and Taxes... But all in all, really solid build! Thanks for the guide!

...But... where is all this life coming from? How are people getting more life? I think that may be the key I need here to avoid the one shot and bursty damage that leads to the few deaths I have. Granted I am only level 79 so far. I have wiggle room.

I absolutely know I can get at least 150 more on gear for cheap...But again, that still doesn't seem to reach 5.5k as stated in the guide. Me so very confused.
I'm new to the game but loving this build so far. One question and maybe it has been asked before but here goes anyway; where do you get your dex and int from? I have to choose extra dex talents you haven't got because I simply can't keep up with my levelling gems.
Been using this build for 3.0:
level 80, only up to cruel lab available
~36k dps sunder with 260 dps rare axe on a 5-link chest, no BoR on the market yet.
3.6k hp haha but doing maps up to t5.

It's been great, nothing much changed for us. Some things I noticed:

-BoR stats did not seem to change, still 6% block, perhaps more life but not sure. Anvil did not change.

-More life and defense possible on gear. Another prefix that adds life and a defensive stat. Not sure if life roll brackets have increased.

-Rare melee weapons can roll mods like:
~15% chance to bleed
increased damage with bleed

-Rare shields can roll mods like:
+life as implicit
+ block chance against projectiles
life gain on block (mine has ~40 life gain on block now)
%life regen
think i also saw some increased phys damage on a shield, will check

-High dps 1h axe is still relatively cheap, easy for first char in league. My 260 dps rare axe cost me 5c, sold my 230 dps one for 3c. 300+ dps one is around 1ex but may drop.

-Bloodlust support is missing the "can't bleed with the supported skill". But its a bug and it will not change.

-You can conveniently see you bleed/poison/ignite damages on your character sheet now (even if you are not applying these ailments).

-Speaking of bleed, path of building and my testing show drastically decreased bleed dps (~95% or less from 2.6). At this stage, definitely do not invest any skill points on bleed damage increases. Just to proc the corpse explosion is all we need - so 25% chance to bleed should be fine because our skills have high attack speeds.

-New datamined support gems like brutality (more phys damage, no ele damage) and chance to bleed (adds flat phys damage, +% chance to bleed) seem relevent and need testing out when they come out.

-There was a website with datamined new affixes but i forgot the link.

-As a misc point: don't change your hideout once you created them in beta cuz then your crafting benches will be gone. Probably due to mtx tab not functional yet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info