[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

Hi!
Im going for the Alternative Setup for improved Clear Speed with Reave, do you have any sugestions for a diffrent passiv tree?

Also i dont get any endurance charges when im using Reave, so the last bandits quest i should chose someone else or kill all?
Last edited by dyrvik on May 21, 2016, 5:01:24 PM
Hey there! I finally could equip all my gears, got the 78/78! (such a goal :D) My S.S have 30k dps, but theres a long way until the 200k lol. About defense, the armour evasion flasks combo reaches to 23k. I still need to fill the passive points, mostly final damages and those after the bramble viridian jewel.
I also have 4k Hp!

I'll figure out how to post my gears on a reply for you to check what am i missing lol :D

Pretty fun build!

"
EvilPuppey wrote:
never played duelist before , or any melee builds, but im thinking i want/need to play something tanky and different and this looks awesome.
Btw with the new league and the changes you will get +2 more ascendancy points and can get 2% more block chance for a total of 80%

Hope you like the build.

Block Chance is capped to 75% (both attacks and spells). The only way to increase Max Block Chance is with The Anvil Amulet for a total of 78% Block Chance Attack/Spells.
"
dyrvik wrote:
Hi!
Im going for the Alternative Setup for improved Clear Speed with Reave, do you have any sugestions for a diffrent passiv tree?

Also i dont get any endurance charges when im using Reave, so the last bandits quest i should chose someone else or kill all?

I keep the same passive tree for both setups (Static Strike & Reave). I enjoy playing with two BoR, one for each setup and exchange them from time to time.

With Reave, you will get EC the same, the difference is that Reave has a greater radius and usually you kill trash mobs before they approach enough to hit you (which means block that generates EC). I would keep the same choice for bandits because when you need it (bosses mostly) is good to have that 4 EC up.
"
Squirtle2096 wrote:
Hey there! I finally could equip all my gears, got the 78/78! (such a goal :D) My S.S have 30k dps, but theres a long way until the 200k lol. About defense, the armour evasion flasks combo reaches to 23k. I still need to fill the passive points, mostly final damages and those after the bramble viridian jewel.
I also have 4k Hp!

I'll figure out how to post my gears on a reply for you to check what am i missing lol :D

Pretty fun build!

Yes, please link your gear and passive tree so I can check what is missing. To do it, just made a reply as you do it before and then with the reply open go to the name of your character on the top of the page, choose the character you like and LEFT CLICK in every item of your gear. Please also include your jewels (you need to remove them from passive tree first and then do to the same left click from your inventory or stash) and add your passive tree too (go to passive tree tab and copy+paste the complete URL in the reply).

When you go back to the reply you will see all the linked items tags.

About the DPS, take into consideration that I use a calculation based on additional damage from explosions (not listed in the tooltip, of course). The DPS listed in tooltip is as shown in the Screenshots section of the guide.
My current gears
Spoiler

My Current Passive Tree, at L76
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAADuBIcFLQaLCEkKJgz3E0wUIBUgFewX4Rm0Gj4g4yFgJJsm-CmlKk0s6S2DL8wyTjWSOuE7OzwtPydAoEF0RJ5HfkrITeNOMlBHUeZTu1boXz9f2mLsZFJlTWebaGVs2G6qcql07XTxdit2rHdTeTl673zZfuKAioNfg8yE2YTvhrOK8I-ZnsWmV6mVrK-uPrCrsty18raKtz65Hb02vni-p8C_wYLBo8SCxPbGrs9-2L3awd0N4JXkUeoY7w7yRfPd9zL3Tfjr_gr-jw==

Jewels (Still needing a 4th to place)
Spoiler

im curious if i should go for the attack nodes or more life (im already going to the attack nodes). I know i have to get a better hp pot lol
Also... Poorjoy's map destroys me D: But at least (at this moment) the tier 5- maps are cool for me and most of time they die cuz of the block attack
Any advice for getting levels faster? Like which maps and which mods? (Besides dried lake merciless)
Last edited by Squirtle2096 on May 22, 2016, 11:02:50 PM
Hi,

About your gear/passive tree:
- I don't see Hatred in your gear, if you're not using it, is one of the main reasons for low DPS.
- I see you levelled CWDT, you need both gems (CWDT & Tempest Shield) at level 1, so they trigger often.
- You need quality in all your Static Strike setup, another good reason for low DPS (and try to get at least level 19 gems).
- I recommend quality in your counter-attack combo. At least Reckoning for better AoE, which means better curse spread.
- Your life flasks are really bad. You don't have protection against frozen or bleeding (certain death in lots of scenarios). And both flasks doesn't give you life instantly. You need two flasks as stated in the gear section.
- Your passive tree is fine, but I probably go first for life nodes in Templar area and after that try to get the jewel node & Bone Breaker (or Cleaving).

About your other questions:
- Poorjoy's: remember that one type of damage that cannot be blocked is explosions. That map is full of mobs with detonate dead plus corpses that have lots of life. You need to be careful and avoid to stand over corpses that can be exploded. And use a Ruby flask almost all the time.
- About maps, until Level 84 I really like running any Tier 6 maps (Catacomb is the only one I don't like). After that I go directly to Tier 8 (Canyon, Dark Forest, Dry Peninsula) and the only one I like from Tier 7, Jungle Valley. Of course I played the maps I got, but these one are my preferred ones.
Thanks for this build, I fkd'up my Gladiator pretty bad at level 78. Im trying to repair and do your build, had to do 20 or 30 refound skills, but in the end was all worth, im doing a lot better, moving to T10 maps (before i couldn't progress after 6~7). Thnks mate.
What are you going to do when Varanustra is removed ? (Perandus Specific)
"
sprite92 wrote:
Thanks for this build, I fkd'up my Gladiator pretty bad at level 78. Im trying to repair and do your build, had to do 20 or 30 refound skills, but in the end was all worth, im doing a lot better, moving to T10 maps (before i couldn't progress after 6~7). Thnks mate.

Glad to read that! Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info