2.2.2 Patch Notes

"
Qarl wrote:
Balance:
  • Summoned Totems are now deleted when the player moves very far away from those totems. This caused issues with the Heirophant skill "Ritual of Awakening" where you would receive less damage per active totem. Those totems would be very far away and unable to attack or cast yet would still penalise the player's damage.

• Will players still receive a curse from Soul Mantle when totems are deleted in this manner?

Regardless, I don't agree that Ritual of Awakening was in need of a fix. Those totems furthest away would be the first to be replaced by the player, who should rightly suffer under the effects of RoA for not maintaining max totems as (s)he progresses.

This fix seems like an awkward hack in that it messes with expected game mechanics (totems have a set duration if not killed or replaced). What if I want to set totems, run outside this arbitrary range you have set to collect a swarm of mobs, and then return to them before they would expire? And not all totems are offensive. Also, perhaps these totems are assisting party members while I'm out of range doing other things.

Would it not be better to leave the totems alone and keep two counts, totalTotems and totemsInRangeOfMe, so that Ritual of Awakening can be accomodated as you feel appropriate without deleting a potentially useful totem in builds that may not even have Ritual of Awakening?
  • this game is great but too too too many patch

plz stop spamming patch and mionor update every week.... or i will uninstall this game... too many write on my ssd with this patch frequency

better solution: 1 or 2 big patch every month...
    "
    xDarkillx wrote:
    this game is great but too too too many patch

plz stop spamming patch and mionor update every week.... or i will uninstall this game... too many write on my ssd with this patch frequency

Frequent patches are a very good thing.

Your SSD is not in any danger of reaching its write limitations from PoE updates or other typical use.
    "
    xDarkillx wrote:
    this game is great but too too too many patch

At least you have an ssd... It takes my hdd 45 min to update with every minor patch -_-
    Performance changes are like Jesus.
    Everybody talks about them but no one has actually seen them.
    Could you please optimalize game bit more please? ( sorry for my english )
    "
    Virti wrote:
    "
    Demonoz wrote:
    "
    Temjiu wrote:
    I am personally unhappy with the choice to put growth on the lightning Golem. 1-3% growth isn't a huge deal, but 19%? seriously? my character wont fit into doorways.

Growth/Shrinking should really be personal choice and limited to Jewel types or something else that is flexible and customize-able. perhaps a crafting option? Many people (myself included) don't like huge character models, and prefer to at least remain the same size (or smaller). putting growth on an item like a golem (very powerful enhancement skill) severely limites peoples choices when it comes to performance vs. looks.

Same issue with chaos golem. and why all growth? why doesn't ice golem and fire golem have shrinking? What is all this obsession with size? is there someone on the dev team trying to compensate for something? (my bow is bigger then yours muahahahaa)

Seriously though, if your going to put in all this growth, at least give us comparable shrinking options. I want my scion to be a hobbit.

The growth is for the Golem NOT You.....
    How so sure? The Wiki says "(0 to 19)% increased Character Size" CHARACTER.. if it would apply to the Golem it would for sure say Golem Size.. :D

Well lets see... when you slot the gem, Summon the Golems, or anything else with Golems Your Size NEVER changes that ive ever noticed so... And i mean i have lvl 20 golems i run so im pretty sure if hit my golem i would easily notice a 10%-19% growth of my character.

That and the Wiki is not always right in fact ive found quite a few mistakes on the Wiki over the years. Its still a good source dont get me wrong but it does have flaws and sometimes misinformation.. Kinda expected since i dont think but a couple people do the Wiki for POE to begin with. I can go test it real quick just to be sure....

EDIT: Where the hell are you even seeing Growth on the Golems? NONE of the golems say anything about Growth.. For them or you... I just checked them all..

EDIT2: Yeah i just went and checked the Wiki and i have no idea what the hell the Wiki is talking about with Character Size %s on all the Golem gems.. because none of the Golems in Live say anything about Character size... Kinda odd..

EDIT3: Well i just done some more testing and can now confirm it is indeed growth on the GOLEM and not YOU! My lvl 1 Ice golem and lvl 20 Ice Golem are indeed 2 different sizes.. Although its not really alot but if you looks close there is a size difference on the lvl 20 one.. Which by the WIki is only 10%. But yeah like i said before its just a typo i guess on Wiki that should read Golem Size Increase Instead of Character. I never noticed it at all till i see this comment thats why i knew for sure they didnt effect your actual character size. Interesting stuff none the less. \m/
    There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
    The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
    Last edited by Demonoz on Apr 14, 2016, 6:04:27 PM
    Still no fix to beacon of corruption?! COME ON !!!

OOOH NOW YOU FUCKED UP

since totems are ruined now (the ENTIRE point was that you don't have to be close to your totem!!!), and totems were my favourite and only endgame-worthy build, I'M FINALLY FREE OF THIS FUCKING GAME!!!

yayyyy to ggg stupidity threshold break ^^

see you... NOT

this time my uninstall is final.
    since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
    Last edited by LMTR14 on Apr 15, 2016, 2:53:46 AM
    Damn, I really liked the 'plain' look on Split Arrow, but maybe because I's such a D2 nostalgic fag.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info