[2.2] Puncture build - "Bloodseeker" by ad1ce (Rank 11 PHC League)

Class: Shadow [Assassin]
League: Perandus (HC)
Keystones: Acrobatics, Phase Acrobatics, Arrow Dancing, Unstable Infusion, Deadly Infusion, Toxic Delivery
Main Skill: Puncture - 58k DPS with charges and flasks.
Life (flat): 7.2k
Jewel Slots: 6

+ Good single target dps
+ Nice survivability
+ Cheap gear (in comparison with elemental builds)
+ Unique

- Bad AOE
- Can't do physical reflect mode
____________________________________________________________________________________________

VIDEO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uIf6OjCiIQ

____________________________________________________________________________________________

GEAR:
Gear was partially sold, but you can check in at the video version of the guide.
Sorry about that.

Belt: Should be rustic with good life, 20% increased flask effect duration and some resistances.
Rings: Flat phys damage, accuracy, resistances.
Amulet: Crit Multiplier, Flat physical damage, Accuracy and Intelligence
Quiver: Drillneck (corrupted: +1 arrow)
Boots: 30% movement speed, life and tripple resistance.
Helmet: Rare helmet with high Intelligence, 2 resistances and life. (enchantment: vulnerability curse effect)
Armour: Belly of the Beast
Gloves: Snakebite, Assassin's Mitts (corrupted: vulnerability on hit)

SKILLS:

This time I've choosed skill Puncture cause I think its pretty unique and noone tried to play with it.
I've tried to make some build and I think the result is great. Tooltip says 58k but real dps, but I can't calculate pure DOT dps from bleed and poison. This build is best reveals itself in the group, cause when u play solo mobs dying from a flat damage, only rare mobs and boses can feel the power of the damage over time :P

Links:
Puncture -> GMP -> Pierce -> Slower Projectiles(or PPAD) -> Rapid Decay -> Increased Critical Damage

Frenzy -> Faster Attacks -> GMP -> Power Charge on Critical

Increased Duration -> Blood Rage -> Vaal Haste -> Vaal Lightning Trap

CWDT -> Immortal Call -> Increased Duration -> Enfeeble

Auras:
Grace + Clarity

TREE:

120 points:

BANDITS:

Normal: Oak
Cruel: Kraityn(Oak)
Merc: Alira

UNIQUE FLASKS:

Taste of Hate - Our deffence flask. Extremely usefull against physical damage taken.
But you can use Basalt flask if u haven't enough currency for ToH.

Atziri's Promise - Increases DPS and grants life leech.

JEWELS:

Rare jewels with Physical Damage, Projectile Damage, Physical Damage with Bows, Damage over Time etc

But you should use at least one jewel with % mana leech for sustain mana pool at no regen maps.

MAPS:

I can't do physical reflect maps. All another mods are viable, but maybe some of them not so enjoyable.

I've successfully farmed:
- bloodmagic (drop grace and lose some evasion)
- no regen (drop clarity, sustain mana pool with leech from jewel)
- any curses (use jewel on swap with a resistances for ele weakness maps as example)
- elemental reflect
- no leech

LEVELING:

At the early game you can play as a default physical archer. I used split arrow until lvl 70, but you can use whatever you want.

I switched from split to puncture setup on 2nd day of the league, when I've got Tabula Rasa, Drillneck and Infractem. Later I've changed Infractem to Lioneye's Glare and also I've got 6L belly of the beast. The final update was changing the Lioneye's Glare to 320 pDPS harbinger bow with 9.35% base crit rate.

BTW with the Infractem bow you can use following gem setup:
Puncture -> GMP -> PPAD -> Rapid Decay -> Slower Projectiles -> Increased Critical Strike Chance (or damage)

Maybe I forgot something, but right now that's all. Feel free to ask questions ;)
Good luck and stay safe, exiles! ;)

Last edited by ad1ce on Apr 10, 2016, 5:09:55 PM
Last bumped on Mar 12, 2018, 12:28:20 PM
You might want to change your build title, since Bloodseeker is a unique claw. The title is deceptive, because most people (like me) are going to think you made a build with the claw in PHC when in reality you were just using a bow.

I only opened the thread because I thought you had made a build with the claw.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
zSavage wrote:
You might want to change your build title, since Bloodseeker is a unique claw. The title is deceptive, because most people (like me) are going to think you made a build with the claw in PHC when in reality you were just using a bow.

I only opened the thread because I thought you had made a build with the claw.

Oh, I see. Sorry about that, my bad.
Very nice build!

I had a similar in 2014 back when puncture got way higher base DoT and also called my character "the bloodseeker" LOL. This build is so funny

Video is also very nice
Could you post your gear? I would like to know how much investment is required to reach this "AWSOMNESS"

EDIT. NVM seen it in video.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Last edited by eragon1111 on Apr 11, 2016, 5:10:18 AM
Great build as usual, ad1ce!

What changes would you make if you were playing in Softcore, trying to do maximum damage?
"
Great build as usual, ad1ce!

What changes would you make if you were playing in Softcore, trying to do maximum damage?

Switch to scion or maybe elementalist. Less life, more attack speed idk. PPAD instead of rapid decay.
Last edited by ad1ce on Apr 11, 2016, 1:01:48 PM
Hey, thank you so much for such a viable build in HC, which makes my first try in HC a huge success.

Could you share your view on "fatal toxin" ? Is it worthwhile to invest 3 points into it?

Thanks again :)
"
Hey, thank you so much for such a viable build in HC, which makes my first try in HC a huge success.

Could you share your view on "fatal toxin" ? Is it worthwhile to invest 3 points into it?

Thanks again :)

if u really need more damage u can invest 3 points into it. But I had too much damage, so decided invest some points into survivability.
Now I am playing ass/deadeye combo, feels great.

One more question, for max dps, what will you use on 6 links for puncture, since I already had 100% chance to pierce.

And I am using that learning jewel (headhunter jewel). this build I think is very suitable for it :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info