Two things I do not understand at the moment.

Okay the first thing ... yesterday on my Templar I switch belts and the damage of Static Strike went from 727.8 to 899.5. ( Hey my Templar is only level 46 at the moment. :) ) Then after a while Multistrike increased a level, and the Melee attack speed became 79%. From what the PoE Wiki shows the 30% less attack damage stays the same? So should the damage drop to 891.5? The drop is neglect-able, but it is still a drop?

Question two is about the Golem I use at the moment with my Templar. I use the Stone Golem and I hat a few times where the Stone Golem just suddenly disappears? One time I used a Portal scroll to sell the loot items ... went back to where I was and then within a few seconds after that the Stone Golem vanished while being at full health. Another time I was in the Hide out and I hat to go to the bathroom ... I came back after 2 or 3 minutes, and the Stone Golem was gone. I have hat a few of those odd happenings with the Stone Golem since I started using it!
Last bumped on Apr 17, 2016, 6:40:12 AM
No one else ever noticed these two things I mentioned above?
The drop in damage with Static Strike happened last night again! It some how dropped from a bit over 1137, to 1123.7 after my Templar became level 51! Some how it got up to 1129.7 a little bit later, but combined with the first time I still have lost some more damage ... that in my opinion should not be happening.

A short while ago I asked why the Estimated damage % would drop with each character level, and I accepted that explanation. But if you constantly use the same skill gems with Static Strike ( Until I can get a good 5/6 link chest armour. ) then in my opinion damage should not be able to drop like that twice at random moments during playing the game!

My current static Strike set up ...

For original question(s), see first post.
It's near impossible to help you with the belt question.. Show the belt you are using and also. Golems can get targeted from mobs and die fast.. None of the things you said shouldn't happened should.
"
It's near impossible to help you with the belt question.. Show the belt you are using and also. Golems can get targeted from mobs and die fast.. None of the things you said shouldn't happened should.

As for the belt, well it is this one ...

And before any one mentions the level of the belt, I asked Sovyn about that in his Templar build thread, and his answer is in the second post of this page of his build thread.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/105920/page/544

As for the Stone Golem, well it appears to me that the Stone Golem is a bit tougher then for instance the flame Golem. This does not mean that it can not be killed, that happens enough times. ( Especially against Perandus Chest packs. ) I also know that they can and will be targetted, I see that happen with every fight, so that is nothing new to me. But for instance Last night I was in my Hideout and while the Stone Golem was at full health it just suddenly disappeared. I have also seen this happen in area where no enemies where left alive, and with the Stone Golem at full health. So there is something going on, I just have no idea what or why!

But I am more concerned about the two random drops in damage with Static Strike. In my opinion there is no reason why the damage with all four skill gems should first rise and then all of a sudden drop like that. And yeah I know about the 30% less attack damage from Multistrike, but that stat stays the same and that is already factored into the damage since I started using Multistrike. So I have so far not been able to find a reason why and how it happens.

And I repeat ... I see no reason why damage should drop like that when you constantly use the same skill gems. Especially not when factoring in that I play on Cruel now, and the difference between the toughness of enemies on normal and cruel is quite clear to me.
When you level up you might lose a % chance to hit. Try to compare your hit chance on next level up ;)
"
raggapaul wrote:
When you level up you might lose a % chance to hit. Try to compare your hit chance on next level up ;)

When I started playing, the chance to hit was 83% at level 52 and with an amulet I found while playing it became 84%. And it stayed at 84% when my Templar became level 53.
Still looking for answers to my questions in here.
"
Fessels2903 wrote:
Still looking for answers to my questions in here.

This.
About damage question:
There is something you have to be aware of .. your damage didn't drop .. your damage per second (dps) did.
Every time you level up your chance to hit is calculated against monsters of your level. Since they have a bit more evasion than monsters of previous levels and your accuracy stays the same your dps drops a bit. If you are wearing weapon that cannot miss or you take cannot miss keynode from tree you wont see this drop anymore.
Accuracy is very important for attack builds especially if you are crit build too and if neglected at higher level dps drop could be even higher than what tooltip says.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info