The Voltaxicated - the build GGG will nerf the shit of - milions of chaos DPS - UBER down!

Your dps calcs are wrong. You might want to explain just how, where and why you're adding multipliers, and to what.

You're using all seven arrows, all of which won't ever hit any one target, some will go to the side. For some reason, you're also adding multipliers from void manipulation and pierce, which are already accounted for in the tooltip. Curses don't apply in all situations, and bosses have 60% curse resist.

I'll admit that you have a lot of dps, but so do other voltaxic builds. Also, most of your dps comes from getting a lot of poison stacks, which then degens the bosses really fast due to all the modifiers and wither totem.

Believe me, this build has insane amounts of dps, but not in the millions. Millions of dps is what LL Blade Vortex builds with standard level gear have, and they just about oneshot every boss in the game save for uber atziri and core malachai, who die in a few seconds anyways.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Etherfire wrote:
Your dps calcs are wrong. You might want to explain just how, where and why you're adding multipliers, and to what.

You're using all seven arrows, all of which won't ever hit any one target, some will go to the side. For some reason, you're also adding multipliers from void manipulation and pierce, which are already accounted for in the tooltip. Curses don't apply in all situations, and bosses have 60% curse resist.

I'll admit that you have a lot of dps, but so do other voltaxic builds. Also, most of your dps comes from getting a lot of poison stacks, which then degens the bosses really fast due to all the modifiers and wither totem.

Believe me, this build has insane amounts of dps, but not in the millions. Millions of dps is what LL Blade Vortex builds with standard level gear have, and they just about oneshot every boss in the game save for uber atziri and core malachai, who die in a few seconds anyways.

I don't need all seven arrows for most mobs, on bosses it's a close range all hit attack,

the void and pierce gems are double dipping poison, you better check if you don't know by now, you may like it,

the curse and shock always aplly when it comes to bosses, and most bosses don't have even 40% resist,

I one shoot everything, and I saw LL blade vortex vids, it's the about the same fire power,

I pushed this one to the high limit, and trust me, the calcs are right, if you look at the vids when I did almost half my DPS now, you will understand.

after i'll upload new vids, tell me what you think.
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
Last edited by rel4us on Apr 20, 2016, 1:04:23 AM
The DPS calculations are correct. The damage is not instant (the bulk of the damage is dealt in the 2*1.1 sec duration of the independent poison stacks) that's why maybe it doesn't feel like Blade vortex.

You obviously don't shock all the time (say Atziri/Uber which is immune) and I don't see how you can reliably generate charges or curse against single targets (that's why I personally use a frenzy + pcoc + CoH setup), but the calculations for maximum DPS are not wrong.

Anyway poison is ridiculous in this patch: the poison deals roughly 4 times as much as the initial hits if scaled correctly. This is just bananas!

And a million DPS is not even so hard to achieve with proper gear (and I don't mean mirrored gear) if you factor in curse, shock and multiple hits by skills like barrage and/or blast rain. With your setup you deal 14.63 the tooltip DPS on hit. And it's not absurd to assume you can reach 100K dps with marginally good gear.

Borderline: poison OP, archers OP, voltaxic OP. These are just my thoughts. Take from it what you will.
"
SFXisMag1c wrote:
The DPS calculations are correct. The damage is not instant (the bulk of the damage is dealt in the 2*1.1 sec duration of the independent poison stacks) that's why maybe it doesn't feel like Blade vortex.

You obviously don't shock all the time (say Atziri/Uber which is immune) and I don't see how you can reliably generate charges or curse against single targets (that's why I personally use a frenzy + pcoc + CoH setup), but the calculations for maximum DPS are not wrong.

Anyway poison is ridiculous in this patch: the poison deals roughly 4 times as much as the initial hits if scaled correctly. This is just bananas!

And a million DPS is not even so hard to achieve with proper gear (and I don't mean mirrored gear) if you factor in curse, shock and multiple hits by skills like barrage and/or blast rain. With your setup you deal 14.63 the tooltip DPS on hit. And it's not absurd to assume you can reach 100K dps with marginally good gear.

Borderline: poison OP, archers OP, voltaxic OP. These are just my thoughts. Take from it what you will.

you are right, the damage after 2.22 sec is this damage all the time, and you are right, not all bosses are shocked (the immune maps mobs and things like uber/atziri), there is also some curse resist to some bosses,

and even so, like you said, the calc are true, and the DPS is pretty insane as it is
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
Damn, forgot about the double-dipping. Still, I wouldn't use curses/shock for dps calculations.

I will agree, this kind of stuff is 100% slated to get nerfed next patch.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Although curse and shock is not normally used for DPS calculations, I would say in this case it makes sense because of the way the damage scales.

For most attacks, the damage is dealt ON HIT and shock/curse apply as multipliers to the tooltip DPS. In this case shock/curse apply to the poison damage in a squared fashion (once for the on hit DPS and then scaling the poison damage further).

Anyway we are talking about maximum hypothetical DPS. One can fantasize...
"
SFXisMag1c wrote:
Although curse and shock is not normally used for DPS calculations, I would say in this case it makes sense because of the way the damage scales.

For most attacks, the damage is dealt ON HIT and shock/curse apply as multipliers to the tooltip DPS. In this case shock/curse apply to the poison damage in a squared fashion (once for the on hit DPS and then scaling the poison damage further).

Anyway we are talking about maximum hypothetical DPS. One can fantasize...

Don't know about you guys, but I feel there is no limit to our build DPS,

Also I tried 6 players 82 abyss map with extra damage mods, it was cleared that the boss can oneshoot my 5.2K life,

I got him to 25% HP then got oneshooted and the fight was about 10-12 sec,

Didn't save it for a none succsess, and if he has hundrets of milion of HP,

that say the DPS scale was totally insane
Deleted a duplicated post
Last edited by rel4us on Apr 23, 2016, 10:43:30 AM
Where is the new video?
"
zombie9393 wrote:
Where is the new video?

well....

just for you asking, I uploaded 2 vids that show alot of power from the buid, but poor gaming skills of me :/

the first one is a core rund, with -max resists and poison on hit (great fun):

like you can see, this build has enoght DPS to kill core malachai with ther the head against wall with almost just shooting, and ya, I died alot in the final fight... still prooved my point.

The second one was an interresting test, remember the vid I did with atziri on 6 men HP?

I desided trying to do the same thing, only with an 82 map (T15), It was a very close call, but I have faild (boss was left on 25%, and I have culling strike).

it was a map mods that the boss will oneshoot if he hits, and after almost 1 min inside, hitting and dodging, I got hit...

The vids prooves 2 points:

1. I'm not a hardcore player
2. this build have alot of fire power

hope you will enjoy it more then I did :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info