[2.4]Crit Storm Call Inquisitor build for high-tier maps (pre-nerf Core cleared) Life/CI

"
Spoiler
HI Yrex thanks for the guide. I really love this

One thing to clarify. For the jewel slot, do u need to prioritise Crit multi and crit chance over everthing else? In other words, what is your highest priority in choosing jewel. Im asking as getting both multiplier and crit chance is cheap (<3c) but getting spell damage and stuff are extremely expensive (>=15c)

The main priority for jewels is by far crit multi in terms of damage. Crit chance on jewels is generally pretty bad as crit chance is obtainable elsewhere while crit multi is way harder to get. I generally try to get two crit multi rolls and a life roll on jewels, however those are expensive. The priority i've used is:
Life>Crit Multi>Spell damage/area damage
After that any crit chance and cast speed is just a bonus but not something i actually look for. Remember that there are many versions of crit multi and spell power and to use the "Count" function when searching on poe.trade.
how about 2 extra Ascendancy point in Prophecy patch?
"
almazn2015 wrote:
how about 2 extra Ascendancy point in Prophecy patch?

Fairly straight forward, grab the Augury of Penitence node, the 2 additional points aren't anything insane for this build.
Looks like a fun build, I am thinking of trying it. Would you say its viable in a HC Prophecy league or should I change some things for that? I know that reflect will be a thing to play around but what else?
"
coldone2 wrote:
Spoiler
Looks like a fun build, I am thinking of trying it. Would you say its viable in a HC Prophecy league or should I change some things for that? I know that reflect will be a thing to play around but what else?
I'd probably recommend getting less damage and get more defences in some way to avoid one-shotting yourself against off-screen reflect. In terms of what defence to aim for, there aren't that many good choices, sadly. Could try running MoM with EB or maybe consider running dual curse with Warlords+Enfeeble/Temp Chains, the defensive one being linked to blasphemy.
With the announcement of The Beast Fur Shawl Vaal Regalia what about a CI Version of this?

Before the release the loss of Carcass Jack wit 20% Area Radius would have been probably to much, now its only 10%. Can't really tell how significant 5% increased Damage taken will be.

By going CI we could run some reduced Mana Notes and easily go for Herald of Ice, Herald of Thunder, Disciplin and a lvl 20 Clarity or Purity of Lightning, without any Enlighten Gems.

Due to not having played Storm Call before: Would a Clarity solve Mana Issues in low Regen Maps?
This is a Tree i came up with in 5min, the biggest downside:
*No Flask Nodes or -1 max Power Charge or -1 Jewel
*-30 Crit Multi (can be worked around but we would loose 40% Crit Chance in Nodes)
*Need for ~ 20 Dex (Faster Attacks 20) ~ 32 Strength (Warlord's Mark 20)

I'm mainly asking because I simply prefer CI over Life Builds.
The Big Question is higher Life Pool vs 5% more Dmg from Reflect, which could be quite significant.
What are your thoughts?
Last edited by aroundthere on Jun 3, 2016, 10:21:03 AM
How good would this build be as a started build to race to 100 on new league? And would this build be viable for atziri/uber?
"
aroundthere wrote:
Spoiler
With the announcement of The Beast Fur Shawl Vaal Regalia what about a CI Version of this?

Before the release the loss of Carcass Jack wit 20% Area Radius would have been probably to much, now its only 10%. Can't really tell how significant 5% increased Damage taken will be.

By going CI we could run some reduced Mana Notes and easily go for Herald of Ice, Herald of Thunder, Disciplin and a lvl 20 Clarity or Purity of Lightning, without any Enlighten Gems.

Due to not having played Storm Call before: Would a Clarity solve Mana Issues in low Regen Maps?
This is a Tree i came up with in 5min, the biggest downside:
*No Flask Nodes or -1 max Power Charge or -1 Jewel
*-30 Crit Multi (can be worked around but we would loose 40% Crit Chance in Nodes)
*Need for ~ 20 Dex (Faster Attacks 20) ~ 32 Strength (Warlord's Mark 20)

I'm mainly asking because I simply prefer CI over Life Builds.
The Big Question is higher Life Pool vs 5% more Dmg from Reflect, which could be quite significant.
What are your thoughts?
I certainly have thought about and looked at a CI version and I'm positive that i'd work fine, it's just not my cup of tea. The 5% increased damage taken shouldn't be of any issue seeing as you have a much higher life pool as CI compared to life, so one-shot to reflect shouldn't happen.

I'm planning on trying out a low-life version of the build later in the league as it's going to be a very high-budget build, still not sure how that's ever going to handle reflect, maybe forced into elementalist though, will have to see.

When it comes to clarity it can certainly sustain mana without much leech. But in low-regen clarity is also working at reduced effectiveness and leech becomes even more important. The dangers of low-regen is mostly on bosses where the leech from orb of storms has to be maintained or you'll end up oom.

The tree is using too many points, I always try to plan a build for lvl 90, so 12-13 points remaining. If you are going CI i'd just drop all the mana reservation nodes and just run 2xherald and discipline. A purity really only reduces reflect damage taken by ~8%.

In general CI is way better at dealing with reflect than life builds due to a higher life-pool and life potions is generally impossible to press in between the storm call hits. So if you prefer CI over life i certainly thinks it's doable, you might run into other issues that I don't have and certainly handle some things easier than the life version can. The biggest struggle i see you having is finding a Hubris circlet with the storm call duration enchant :D

"
PaigrandeTV wrote:
Spoiler
How good would this build be as a started build to race to 100 on new league? And would this build be viable for atziri/uber?
I ran this as my first build in Perandus and was in the top 75 at one point during the weekend, I certainly think someone with the endurance to push for 100 could do it in very reasonable time with the build. When it comes to Atziri, normal atziri is a pushover and is doable with almost every build in my experience. I haven't tried uber but I don't think it'd be impossible but neither easy or safe, if you want to kill uber i'd recommend a different build.
First of all thanks for the awesome build. I am 50 level at the moment and I was be able to kill cruel izaro at level 50 at first try. Orb of storm really scales well with this build. Awesome job. I have a question tho. How did you get 6k health? Our items are similar but I have 3.8k health. I dont have the life jewels but it shouldnt affect our hp difference this much. I would really appriciate if you can answer this.
Last edited by saenimy2 on Jun 20, 2016, 8:01:05 AM
"
saenimy2 wrote:
Spoiler
First of all thanks for the awesome build. I am 50 level at the moment and I was be able to kill cruel izaro at level 50 at first try. Orb of storm really scales well with this build. Awesome job. I have a question tho. How did you get 6k health? Our items are similar but I have 3.8k health. I dont have the life jewels but it shouldnt affect our hp difference this much. I would really appriciate if you can answer this.
First of all, levels add a lot of health, you shoudln't expect more than the lower 5k area unless gear is very good and you are in the mid to high 90s. I can't check your gear but to reach 6k I had a lot of stregth of on most of my gear which adds up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info