Ascendancy Concept Art

Also there is one single thing that disturbs me from the first sigh I saw Izaro...

I don't know if it's just me, or WTF?!?!
I have to laugh everytime when I see him... laugh on the absurd proportions and fatal fail of whoever made Izaro look like that compressed head weirdling.

Honestly GGG... you should have fixed this crap, as it just looks like some drawing of an young kid that tries his first organics...

O_o

Normaly I love everything you have produced so far, but this one... that is like from bought from 3rd party fail designer.
Playing for joy ♥

If interested, check out my Hideout(s): /view-thread/2226019
Oh gosh, yes. <3 This feeds my desire to see more concept and behind-the-scenes (as mentioned in an email) content a little. Varunastra looks gorgeous. Definitely my favorite sword art so far, appart from the alt-art Queen's Decree. It needs its 3D art. <3

Your artists have great talent. Maybe we could get an interview with one of your concept artists? I'm curious about what kind of brushes your team prefers for different types of strokes.
IGN: Vexivian

Vexivian-Loot.filter
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1405454
Last edited by Vexivian on Apr 4, 2016, 1:25:03 PM
^^ Please, can you look at the quality of these artworks and honestly claim Izaro's head is little because the artists didn't know human proportions? :P

I'd bet my own head on it that it was a conscious choice. Izaro is a monster now, and he had to go through some pretty substantial transformation to appear as he does in the Labyrinth - so don't tell me that on someone as inhuman as he is, it's wrong to have inhuman features. :/

(On the other hand, i see where you are coming from. I'd have opted for a bigger head too, all artistic storytelling aside. :))

Also, just putting it out there, i freakin' love Izaro. Say no to Perandus usurpers!
"
DalaiLama wrote:
Thanks for sharing the art with us!

I hope Cadiro, the Coinfather, gets NPC of the year.

XDDDDD
"
lowgrasswhite wrote:
^^ Please, can you look at the quality of these artworks and honestly claim Izaro's head is little because the artists didn't know human proportions? :P

I'd bet my own head on it that it was a conscious choice. Izaro is a monster now, and he had to go through some pretty substantial transformation to appear as he does in the Labyrinth - so don't tell me that on someone as inhuman as he is, it's wrong to have inhuman features. :/

(On the other hand, i see where you are coming from. I'd have opted for a bigger head too, all artistic storytelling aside. :))

Also, just putting it out there, i freakin' love Izaro. Say no to Perandus usurpers!

Yeah, I tried to tell me the same...
... but as I said... it just doesn't fits the art of GGG ...
there are tons of deformated creatures in PoE but none of them, especialy an end Boss looks that ... how to name it? ... wrong.

He really evocates me the Chuba's from Mario movie :D
He just looks hillarious. Like he would be some handicaped brainwashed cartoon puppet.
Playing for joy ♥

If interested, check out my Hideout(s): /view-thread/2226019
"
MonTerran wrote:
Thought about whether this type of reply would be useful and am still split about that, as with the art, but here goes ...

Yeah, split ... some of art seems on point with the game's atmosphere, and the rest as if it is part of a different game. For example, the images of Argus seem to fit, while that griffin/snake/gargoyle/spectral winged thing seems out of place. It's certainly possible that I am being narrow minded and missing something, but it just doesn't seem to mesh. Any thoughts about that?

Same with the combination of the 'scales of justice goddess' (not sure of name) seeming to fit well with the overall tone of PoE, while Izaro looks like a cartoonish goof ... a shrunken head/skull clown with armour.

It just seems like some aspects of these art pieces had a singular vision which worked well and others had a collaboration of visions that didn't come together well. I'm all but certain that doesn't translate accurately to what really happened, but looking at the background images as I type this, I can't help but wonder.

Anyway, thanks for the great game and overall work, interested to see how it develops further!

Cheers

Edit: Grammar

This is bang on. I do love me some concept art though.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
SolarLynian wrote:
^--Since when did "Let us show you what we've been doodling!" turn into "We're looking for criticism on how to draw because we don't already pay and get paid for this."

On-Topic: GREAT WORK, GGG! I love your art and your game.
You don't have to be an artist to think a piece of art is jarring and doesn't fit a theme.

Relax bud
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Apr 4, 2016, 2:03:24 PM
i suppose one could argue that after being confined in the labyrinth after chitus barred izaro inside, izaro's insanity only became worse and worse until his mind was a bubbling force of unique, yet depraved; strange in the form of a challenge we have never physically hurdled before, yet familar in the form of death; powerful, yet subtle nexus of creativity, and we all know what the nightmare does to folks like that. once the cataclysm hit, it mattered not whether izaro was alive or dead by then (but most likely dead, as he is a skeleton of his former self quite literally); as he was not a gemling (for the gemling thaumatocracy only arose to power after chitus ascended), his body was not transformed into a grotesque, shambling being. instead, as the beast did with kaom, daresso, maligaro, doedre, shavronne, and malachai, the supreme artist of the labyrinth underwent a metamorphosis that drew his inner mental power outwards into a form that physically speaks of his desire to right the wrongs of his past and the world.

so this then begs the question - why didn't the beast grant izaro his own "dream" in the crystal veins, like kaom's and daresso's?

simple.

his dream had already been tirelessly constructed and assembled by imperial hands.

izaro died in his dream, the labyrinth.
no need to move the rug out from under.
Last edited by Juicebox360 on Apr 4, 2016, 2:36:25 PM
london server down i want my shipyard back
Thank you! Awesome art, classic project.
Yeah ohhhh yeah pop that thang for Kuduku.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info