Im done

For those naive enough that believe that labyrinth's design is well though and fair. Ill repeat one of the many points once again.

X player has invested 60 skill points on damage and some mobility and 30 points on HP nodes.
Y player has invested 60 skill points on HP nodes and armour and 30 points on damage.

The labyrinth (or more specific the traps) literally shits on both players SKILL TREE CHOICES, in an ARPG game where character creation/customization and character choices supposedly MATTER. Can you people understand something that simple? Can you comprehend how much anti-RPG like an implementation like this is? Can you grasp how much GGG fucked up in a futile attempt to prevent high level characters from running the lab with no problem at all?

Now lets be more specific, regarding traps, X player has an obvious advantage. Not only he has better mobility but also less health meaning any missplay can be undone with a simple health flask usage. In the same scenario (a mistake regarding traps) player Y might need two or even three flask usages to correct his missplay. So no its obvious that player's Y choices seem to matter even less now, how is that fair and just?

But its not done, X player having a ton of dps and an easier time through the labyrinth when going to Izaro he takes him down way easier than player Y because he has invested double in damage nodes in the skill tree. Yes he might only need 2 hits to die from Izaro's attacks but he needs half the time to take him down. Y player supposedly has an easier time in Izaro fight cause he can take more punishment, but its way inneficient and boring to do so everyday for enchantments or whatever the reason.

In top of that, we have the total negation of the items. Y player wears a Kaoms Heart chestpiece and Kaom's Roots boots (do not judge him thats the way he likes to play), and has a total of 10k armour from the rest of his gear. Traps dont give a shit about his insane 9k HP pool and 10k armour, in one pass they are gonna bring him down to 50% hp thats a flat of 4.5k damage. X player wears Seven-League Step boots enjoying a +50% increase in movement speed, and has 4.5k total HP. Traps only do 2,25K dmg on him, and because he has insane movement speed he barely gets hit by them. So again, some item choices are COMPLETELY NEGATED while other are allowed and TRIVIALIZE the content.

So how is it possible that GGG considers this a sound mechanic and playstyle for an ARPG game when its obvious that OUR skill choices do NOT matter, or as we saw in the example above some skill choices matter more than others and some not at all? The same applies for items. Items that can trivialize the content with no downside at all. Great design, clap clap. Much balance such fairness.

And most importantly how its possible for the playerbase to not give a damn about simple things like that? What would you do if in the future there is an area where the mechanics there negate your investment in damage nodes?

I understand that people are/were hyped and eager to do the new content and enjoy the rewards but we are talking about foundamental flaws in the game. Flaws that hurt the integrity of the game.
We are talking about complete negation of skill and item investment in a fucking RPG game, just let that sink a little and maybe you can wake up from the slumber.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
You can invest in regen and flasks for traps. You are wrong (although you'd be right saying is unfair).

Also, content you can't outgear is perfect to weed out people that think they can minimize any risk with gear anyway. If you think you can play easy mode with gear, well, I don't feel sorry for you. Your Kaom's heart can't replace some basic kiting skills.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 3, 2016, 2:05:25 PM
I think that guys in Hardcore should play softcore for a while just to practice labirinth before to rip.

Lab is a joke if you get used to it, and the only hard threat is izaro aswell, and that's a fight were "hc" building choices are more than important.

I can believe that it's unfair towards ci builds, especially because there are server issue, but still it's mostly practice what you need. Sure it's hard to get enough attempt in HC without getting frustrated.
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
aha
"
NeroNoah wrote:
You can invest in regen and flasks for traps. You are wrong (although you'd be right saying is unfair).

Also, content you can't outgear is perfect to weed out people that think they can minimize any risk with gear anyway. If you think you can play easy mode with gear, well, I don't feel sorry for you. Your Kaom's heart can't replace some basic kiting skills.

What would you do if in the future there is an area where the mechanics there negate your investment in damage nodes?
We are talking about complete negation of skill and item investment in a fucking RPG game, just let that sink a little and maybe you can wake up from the slumber.

Can you even in the slightest comprehend what im trying to say? How foundamentals of RPG are thronw to the trash?

I never owned a kaom's heart, ive completed and farmed the merci lab with trash gear and build, im familiar with the whole process, and believe me it has nothing to do with skill, stop fooling yourselves with that caramel. There is no weeding out and bullshit like that, people who are familiar with the game can do the labyrinth, that might only apply to new players who dont know the game to begin with (and believe me putting them in the lab only frustrates them and drives them away but thats another topic on its own). Im trying to give extreme and specific examples so that people can realise whats happened with the labyrinth.

Please dont try to dissagree with me only for the shake of disaggreing. For fucks sake it cant be THAT hard to get the basic notion after so many times repeating myself.

"
Frattagli4 wrote:
I think that guys in Hardcore should play softcore for a while just to practice labirinth before to rip.

Lab is a joke if you get used to it, and the only hard threat is izaro aswell, and that's a fight were "hc" building choices are more than important.

I can believe that it's unfair towards ci builds, especially because there are server issue, but still it's mostly practice what you need. Sure it's hard to get enough attempt in HC without getting frustrated.

I completely agree that the labyrinth is a joke regarding difficulty and thus i want to stand on the underlined part.

What you (and many other people both here and in reddit) see as unfair is what exactly ive been trying to say so long about the labyrinth. It is not unfair it is FOUNDAMENTALY WRONG. It completely screws a whole mechanic, a mechanic that you have invested into, the labyrinth says to you FUCK OFF. Its exactly the same with investing in armouur or endurance charges, or MOM or whatever. The labyrinth literrally NEGATES your INVESTMENT in skill points and playstyle. There is no sane person that could support that in a fucking ARPG game. Talking about bullshit, while it screws certain choices it allows other to fucking TRIVIALIZE it cause you know the content is very well thought.

A rhetorical question

Labyrinth in a nutshell

In depth labyrinth flaws analysis and suggestions

A poll regarding the labyrinth
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
Going? Heh...
Not going to lie.

Earlier I refused to logout when some dumb shit happene din lab traps earlier.

I had spent the rest of my currency gearing this HC character.

Therefore, I will never play PoE again. Disputed all my transactions and im out.

Peace
"
Regulator wrote:
What would you do if in the future there is an area where the mechanics there negate your investment in damage nodes?

Can you even in the slightest comprehend what im trying to say? How foundamentals of RPG are thronw to the trash?

I never owned a kaom's heart, ive completed and farmed the merci lab with trash gear and build, im familiar with the whole process, and believe me it has nothing to do with skill, stop fooling yourselves with that caramel. There is no weeding out and bullshit like that, people who are familiar with the game can do the labyrinth, that might only apply to new players who dont know the game to begin with (and believe me putting them in the lab only frustrates them and drives them away but thats another topic on its own). Im trying to give extreme and specific examples so that people can realise whats happened with the labyrinth.

Please dont try to dissagree with me only for the shake of disaggreing. For fucks sake it cant be THAT hard to get the basic notion after so many times repeating myself.

I don't think as highly of someone that relies on skill investment to nullify content. If damage nodes are made useless by some mechanic (reflect? Diablo 2 had inmunities too), so be it.

Your fundamentals of RPG are subjective, not something set on stone (see Final Fantasy for many counterexamples).

At this point, you are grasping at straws. Stick to "the labyrinth is awful" and less to sophistry.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
Not going to lie.

Therefore, I will never play PoE again. Disputed all my transactions and im out.

Peace

Hope you like having your credit shot to shit. Disputing your transactions wrongfully will do that to you.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Not going to lie.

Peace

Hope you like having your credit shot to shit. Disputing your transactions wrongfully will do that to you.

Shhhhh! Don't ruin the moment, let them think they got the last laugh. :P
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info