Quitting PoE after years due to Labyrinth System

The Labyrinth system is the worst "feature" I've seen for an ARPG. Requiring players to endure this tedious, unfun and horribly designed system is just absurd. Not sure who came up with this at GGG, but it's driving players away in droves (as seen in other threads).

I was really excited about this expansion, but now I'm utterly disappointed and partially disgusted that the designers thought the labyrinth system was a good idea. It isn't.

I won't return to PoE unless the Labyrinth system is removed from the game as a progression requirement (and I've played since BETA!). Even GGG says the system is to give the "rush" of hardcore to normal players. If I wanted the hardcore rush, I would play hardcore! Stop forcing this crap on us!

So just two days into the new league, and I'm done. First time this has ever happened. I see others are doing the same thing (quitting). I only hope GGG comes to their senses and removes this garbage feature from the game completely.
All that and a bag of chips!
Last bumped on Apr 15, 2016, 8:01:19 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Shame to be losing a supporter, best of luck with your next adventure in gaming.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Got my 6pts on friday. For some reason i lost all desire to play the game after that. Im not sure if i died in all three, so its not rage. Not sure what happened. Ashamed to say i was playing 6+ hours a day (enjoy all my builds), now just doing dailys.

I did fail it on my best char, didnt feel like putting in a movement/tele spell since ggg wont allow you to bind "force move" without taking a skill slot.

Id also like to give a shout out to the difficulty design department. Dark maps with traps you can barely see in a game without a brightness option was pro.
I uninstalled the game after I realized I would have to run the trials 100+ times just to get their core builds going. Then they said you only had to do it once per character, so I reinstalled. Then started a new build today with the reset. It wasn't designed for the lab, as the lab is horrible and I never want to do it with that character ever. Died after 20 min, complete un-fun waste, left the character, see no reason to go back. There's no content for standard players. Maps <20 levels your guy with no challenge and the lab...

I decided to do one last HC guy, once he dies, the game's uninstalled again until lab is completely optional.
I am with you 1000% (already quit game). I can't think of a better definition of "jumping the shark" than this expansion. Foresee it causing a great schism in the playerbase, sad and unfortunate.
Ascendancy and Labyrinth aren't mandatory per say, you can still do Mapping and End-Game Content without using the Labyrinth's Goodies.

It's just the horrible optimization which came along with Ascendancy. When the game is way more stable pre-Awakening its a big turn-off and frustrates player experience more.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
Ascendancy and Labyrinth aren't mandatory per say, you can still do Mapping and End-Game Content without using the Labyrinth's Goodies.

It's just the horrible optimization which came along with Ascendancy. When the game is way more stable pre-Awakening its a big turn-off and frustrates player experience more.

Many classes were nerf'd in order to make acd skills non op. I gained 600dps with 6pts. Its a slight increase but kinda broke even.

Would of lost 15% sheet dps + nerfed poison (both in tree nodes and gem). My beartrap is now called cubtrap with the bino's nerf as well. Did i mention bladefall got a 130% to 90?

To get back to where i was this was mandatory.

Id also like to add "all traps going off on hit" or whatever its called, ruins my beartrap kiting. Stupid passive but has other stuff.
Last edited by Chadwixx on Mar 8, 2016, 2:22:21 AM
"
Chadwixx wrote:
"

Many classes were nerf'd in order to make acd skills non op. I gained 600dps with 6pts. Its a slight increase but kinda broke even.

Would of lost 15% sheet dps + nerfed poison (both in tree nodes and gem). My beartrap is now called cubtrap with the bino's nerf as well. Did i mention bladefall got a 130% to 90?

To get back to where i was this was mandatory.

so the the broken as f.. mechanics were necessary to carry you trough the game? no wonder lab is 'hard' for some

i repeat that - it was the broken gems and poison multidiping that let you get to 90. not your skill. anybody could make a bladefall poison build.

a fact: poison multidip is still broken, just saying
a tip: bino's nerf did not cut your dps
Some people do a labyrinth run in 5 minutes. Of course it's harder until you know all the new mechanics and stuff but i really don't understand why it's suvh a big deal. Sad it's not for you but i think quitting over content which requires a few hours of your time max is gettimg ridiculous.

(Not specifically meaning you) Man up guys!
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.
"
Mooginator wrote:
I won't return to PoE unless the Labyrinth system is removed from the game as a progression requirement
It isn't. It's a very powerful progression option.

Now, if you want to argue that powerful progression options shouldn't be gated in such a manner, okay... but you could play 2.1 PoE right now and skip all 2.2 content and it'd pretty much be the same game as before. So quitting seems silly to me.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info