[2.2 PHC] Trypanon Earthquake - hard Critter - non CoC - 50k dps for 10c

Quick introduction,

I just wanted to make a very budget and reliable build to start out in a new league and for all the penny-pinchers, so don't expect anything too crazy here.

With very little investment this build can easily clear T10+ maps.
This is achieved by clever use/abuse of very cheap unique items.

Base idea with Trypanon is to stack as much crit multi and flat phy damage as possible/necessary on your gear.

Required Gear

Facebreakers are a good way of scaling the damge till you can swap on the Abyssus.
Also Meginord's Girdle is a very nice addition.

10c Budget Gear - 50K dps EQ

poe.trade sheet

10c stats

Vids

https://youtu.be/_VDB-iwqeAY?t=40 - Gorge - with 10c Gear as 4L (Gear etc at the start)

https://youtu.be/zQFSB3UMcZM - demo Lake run - regular gear

https://youtu.be/aTttsGAOO_Q - demo Gorge run - tanky mobs - regular gear

Pros n Cons

+dirty cheap
+high dps
+fast clear speed
+you can use the core items already at lvl 40
+fun endgame build
+easy to play, hit and run style
+already works pretty nice as a 4L (-inc aoe gem)
+no srsly, it's just nuts how cheap it is to start out with

-can have trouble to overcap res for ele weakness maps due to heavy use of uniques
-high phy damage in high lvl maps can be sketchy (10% inc extra dmg taken as Berserk and 40'ish from Abyssus)(get endu charges, a coil and/or tast of hate)
-ele reflect becomes an issue (high hp mobs in party play)
-leap salm is slow as f*

Gem Setup

5L
EQ - Melee Physical Dmg - Less Duration - Added Fire Dmg - inc AOE

6L options

Safety
Fortify
Endurance Charge on Melee Stun

Deeps
Faster Attacks
WED
Conc Effect

Auras
Hatred - Herald of Ash
nice addition would be Herald of Ice if u get - mana reserve, Blood Magic or a hatred helm enchant

My regular Gear

Worth around 5ex, 5L coil (3ex'ish) and 5L Tryp (1ex'ish)

lvl 70'ish Jugger Tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEAAMbYWGN9c_ONyx49_K0J9IPSOIzP9khfPxo-FCDyL3y47w4pLlBH5FFnm5d5rj4JlsauOQ4LYcT2PC2vbK-ncqmDX4PMaPIczqyq9zJVqbc-8B8rUFnz6hiXtP4KogANzZ8-Gjj461HmdqxqAdi9BLP-VC3SkFUUcXdTz341ksBm2XwOPDs7PAWCBzpSnsXvfIZgvJ-Uh2FSGJHfsu9OQT9eEyFVktDcPRLhB3Wi6sCmhO-pJ3h6qZSHaoTZR369NmVNvqcAAAAA

lvl 94 Berserk Tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEAAMbYWGM9_IzP9khfPxo-FCDyL3y47w4pLlBH5FFnm5d5rj4JlsauOQ4LYcT2PC2vbK-ncqmDX4PMaPIczqyq9zJVqbc-8B8rUFnz6hiXtP4KogANzZ8-Gjj461HmdqxqAdi9BLP-VC3SkFW77fPdFHF3U89-NZLAZpHOaGXZfA48Ozs8BYIHOlKexe98hmC8n5SHYVIYkd-y705BP14TIVWS0ECg3D0s-xLhRrd67yFgB3WKIqLq028FLUSedPEshcCmJyCE71O7KaVaGqkneHqplIdqhNlHfr02ZU2-p_hfX9AhkOoQvwgkNwAA

Bandits

Oak - Kraityn - Oak/Kraityn

In a new league (economy) I would probalby start out as a Jugger for the double armour and especially the +1000 accuracy rating till day 2-3. This would make it really easy to gear up. After that point I would transition into Berserk for the 40% more dmg.

Regards
TheVoid
Last edited by TheVoid on Apr 5, 2016, 6:38:38 AM
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2016, 10:38:35 AM
reserved
Why arent u using crit multi instead of melee phys? Its like 100% multiplier vs 50%.
"
xprimalfuryx wrote:
Why arent u using crit multi instead of melee phys? Its like 100% multiplier vs 50%.

very good point, it's because of this:

Net DPS = base DPS * (1 + Base Critical Strike Chance * (1 + Increased Critical Strike Chance) * (0.5 + 1.5 * Increased Critical Strike Multiplier))

the crit multi is already at 590.
an additional 90-100 is less effective then scaling the base DPS by 50% via melee phys dmg.
To get to a similar dps as using melee phys dmg gem you would have to add around 250-300% crit multi.

so, the mistake is to asume that the additional 100% crit multi is multiplicative by itself and not additive multiplicative.
Last edited by TheVoid on Apr 4, 2016, 3:57:47 AM
I was working on something like this but got a bit stuck when I saw your thread. It gave me the inspiration and boost I needed to finish my variant.

Thanks a lot for sharing man.
Kinda interested in any Tryp attack builds.

I'm planning to build an Ele version inquisitor, looks like I need more attack speed.
I am going to do this build just one quick question, Would you make it as a juggernaut or a berserker? which one is better in your opinion
"
Vandenreich wrote:
I was working on something like this but got a bit stuck when I saw your thread. It gave me the inspiration and boost I needed to finish my variant.

nice, glad i could help you out.

what kind of variant do u play?

"
insobyr wrote:

I'm planning to build an Ele version inquisitor, looks like I need more attack speed.

ya, attack speed is kinda important even for the EQ skill.

i'll try to find the sweet spot for attack speed with that hammer later.

"
Yatunic wrote:
I am going to do this build just one quick question, Would you make it as a juggernaut or a berserker? which one is better in your opinion

for a new league i would prefer Juggernaut to begin with and later transition into berserk for the 40% more dmg.
The Jugger benefits like double armour and 1000 accuracy would make it really really easy to gear up.
But at the current state of the league i would go bersker right away.
Last edited by TheVoid on Apr 5, 2016, 5:54:31 AM
"
TheVoid wrote:
"
Vandenreich wrote:

nice, glad i could help you out.

what kind of variant do u play?

"
insobyr wrote:

ya, attack speed is kinda important even for the EQ skill.

i'll try to find the sweet spot for attack speed with that hammer later.

"
Yatunic wrote:

for a new league i would prefer Juggernaut to begin with and later transition into berserk for the 40% more dmg.
The Jugger benefits like double armour and 1000 accuracy would make it really really easy to gear up.
But at the current state of the league i would go bersker right away.

Honestly. No matter how I tried it. The only skills that worked for me are EQ and Cyclone. Multistrike still leaves you with very slow attack speed and it feels clunky so the only way around that was Cyclone and EQ is prolly the best option for such a slow weapon.

Got a 73 Marauder atm with no subclass and no passive points taken outside of the first few HP/HP regen nodes cause i'm still unsure how to take this further. Just playing my other chars atm till I get some inspiration and try something bonkers.

P.S. When I wrote the first comment, I tried going for a full stun build with this weapon but it really needed a bit more attack speed to stunlock most enemies. I did however stun on every hit though.
Last edited by Vandenreich on Apr 7, 2016, 4:58:02 PM
Nice build guide here mate.

I had a bit of time and some items so I tried it.
Currently lvl 75 with 4500 life, 75/75/75 rez and 23k DPS full charge for less than 10c.

To improve this build I picked some Soutbound Soldier Gloves. IMHO those gloves are a nice addition to the build because they had life, cold dmg to attacks and they make so that your attacks can only kill frozen enemies. On phy reflect maps, I'm freezing enemies with my hits but the reflect cannot freeze me. Therefore I cannot OS myself with reflect :) (But I still can make myself go to 1hp.. ^^" )

Anyway, it's nice and easy to do. Thanks mate :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info