"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
L
O
L

Trolling isn't helpful.

Neither is getting someone to ping the website. The address you ping'd has nothing to do with any realm.

Try this!

Edit: Beaten to the punch by Gauhron, should have read on before replying. hehe

"
Taublatt wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
If you aren't set up to run PoE properly then you can't blame GGG for DCs. Also, If your ISP is shitty on quality of service then in no way can GGG be blamed for that.

You don't lose a whole map with a simple (client side) dc. You can just log in again and use one of the remaining portals.
When suddenly all portals are gone, means the instance(-server) crashed. And in that situation it doesn't matter how good/bad your PC or how good/bad your ISP is.

You 100% sure about that? So the client can't bug out and crash an instance on the server? Seems plausible to me, would be nice if a Dev could confirm or deny that.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Last edited by Shovelcut on Apr 2, 2016, 11:52:31 AM
"
Grotgoth wrote:
... Im fu***ng sick of this random dc and my map is gone...

Whenever this shit happens to me I feel like killing small fleecy creatures.
This shit is really annoying!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
Gauhron wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:

Note: Don't know how to ping other realms. Maybe some one else knows the ip or url for them.

MTR and Connectivity Issue Primer

Excellent. Thanks for the link (I'm bookmarking it).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Get some internetz. Here in US we neva disconnect.
Glowing green mouse cursor plz.
 It's painfully obvious who the juvenile posters are (I wish they'd just stay mute).

Thanks goes to Gauhron for posting the link to a GGG tech support post listing the addresses of the realms around the world that you can run ping tests to:

MTR and Connectivity Issue Primer
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

"
evinta wrote:
It's always nice of you people to offer to upgrade our PC and internet, though I wonder why you never follow through.

Oh, you mean I'm supposed to upgrade everything I own so I can get one game to perform decently on the lowest settings available in it?

Oh...

Ok, So you have shitty Internet or shitty computer or both.

It has been known like... FOREVER... that PoE has a poor performing custom game engine compared to other A1 titles that use a commercial multi-million dollar game engine. So did you have a half million dollars back in 2006/2007 to put up so GGG could license Unreal or other commercial game engine. I didn't think so.

We can all wish that GGG could have made POE using a top end highly polished commercial game engine so that we aren't suffering today from poor server/client and graphics performance but that is not the case and just continuing to bitch post about it is old and tired. If you can't play PoE at a performance level that you want then quit playing PoE. Just say no to PoE (this is not the arpg you are looking for).

"
Taublatt wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
If you aren't set up to run PoE properly then you can't blame GGG for DCs. Also, If your ISP is shitty on quality of service then in no way can GGG be blamed for that.

You don't lose a whole map with a simple (client side) dc. You can just log in again and use one of the remaining portals.
When suddenly all portals are gone, means the instance(-server) crashed. And in that situation it doesn't matter how good/bad your PC or how good/bad your ISP is.

Hmmm... I can see where that has to be a server side problem. I had that happen once last week and I thought it was just my being AFK too long. There have been many times of late where I get interrupted and am AFK and when I return I am back at the login screen. I just figured that GGG had quietly added an idle timeout so we can't go AFK all day. Since my map portals were still there (as long as I get back in soon enough) I was thinking I had just AFK timed out. If these are DCs and not idle timeouts then I can see why it is a problem. I may have mis-understood what I've experienced.

Thanks for enlightening me.

Last edited by Arrowneous on Apr 2, 2016, 9:50:46 PM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
 It's painfully obvious who the juvenile posters are (I wish they'd just stay mute).

The nerve of this guy lol
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"
FULL_SYNTEC wrote:
Get some internetz. Here in US we neva disconnect.

SUUUUUUURE we don't...

-VG-
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Taublatt wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:

Hmmm... I can see where that has to be a server side problem. I had that happen once last week and I thought it was just my being AFK too long. There have been many times of late where I get interrupted and am AFK and when I return I am back at the login screen. I just figured that GGG had quietly added an idle timeout so we can't go AFK all day. Since my map portals were still there (as long as I get back in soon enough) I was thinking I had just AFK timed out. If these are DCs and not idle timeouts then I can see why it is a problem. I may have mis-understood what I've experienced.

Thanks for enlightening me.

AFKs do not log us out; people can be standing there for days and not get logged out. It's the servers. :(

-VG-
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info