RAGE POST!

I have to get this off my chest.

Im fu***ng sick of this random dc and my map is gone... Happens usually when i use chaos/vaal etc to get good rolls and try to farm something nice or in big level maps.

WHY THE F**K IT DOESNT HAPPEN IN LOW LEVEL MAPS WHEN I DONT CARE IF IT HAPPENS OR WHEN IM CLEARED ATLEAST HALF OF THE MAP!!

FIX YOUR GAME ISSUES GGG TYTY

ps. btw nice game, i like it. Otherwise i would not have used thousands of hours for this xD
Last bumped on Apr 3, 2016, 4:10:58 PM
GAME FUCKING SUCKS

btw i love this game
indeed :P

bad morning and coffee kicked in, sometimes happens to all of us i think
Last edited by Grotgoth on Apr 2, 2016, 5:22:55 AM
 Remember that GGG loves all things RNG so the DCs are based on RNG bugs within PoE server/client sync code and thus GGG thinks "working as intended". GGG used to pretend that "dsync isn't that bad" and even worse were players that actually stated that dsync made PoE more hardcore. Yes, that's right, there were players convinced that dsync was good as it made PoE harder to play which = hardcore arpg. The insanity of that stupidity is mind blowing (no wonder Trump is front runner for republican party). So now if DCs are worse in the higher tier maps (I have no way to confirm/disprove this as I never DC) then GGG sees that as just another way to keep you from a level 100 build. That's another one of the insane and stupid thinking that goes on at GGG. If high tier map drops are gated behind low RNG drop rates such that we mostly must run low tier maps then grind to level 100 is extended and it's "working as intended" again. This is similar illogic to dsync = harder to play = hardcode arpg. That was stupid, DCs are stupid if you don't have a bad Internet connection (and more frequent DCs on higher tier maps are not just "tin foil hat theory"), and gated high tier maps are stupid.

GGG, just give us what we want and stop yanking our chain. With Ascendancy opening up the playing field on builds (thank you very much for this change... see GGG... I do give you credit where credit is due... also kudos for Cadiro Perandus, 2 thumbs up for him) so now more than ever before we can play more off-beat exotic builds and still be viable in endgame maps then high tier map gating isn't needed and certainly not desired. I'd just start over with a new build and never see level 100 as game over.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
L
O
L
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
 BTW, you do play PoE correctly meaning you have a gaming rig and Internet setup that minimizes lag and maximizes performance, yes? Please see my comments here: Are Perandus mobs killing your frame rates?. If you aren't set up to run PoE properly then you can't blame GGG for DCs. Also, If your ISP is shitty on quality of service then in no way can GGG be blamed for that. Run sets of 100 pings to your PoE realm from Windows command prompt:

ping us.login.pathofexile.com /n 100

See how many packets time out. Here's the end of my ping tests:

Reply from 173.192.25.23: bytes=32 time=50ms TTL=49
Reply from 173.192.25.23: bytes=32 time=59ms TTL=49
Reply from 173.192.25.23: bytes=32 time=56ms TTL=49
Reply from 173.192.25.23: bytes=32 time=58ms TTL=49
Reply from 173.192.25.23: bytes=32 time=47ms TTL=49
Reply from 173.192.25.23: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=49
Reply from 173.192.25.23: bytes=32 time=61ms TTL=49
Reply from 173.192.25.23: bytes=32 time=80ms TTL=49

Ping statistics for 173.192.25.23:
Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 100, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 45ms, Maximum = 86ms, Average = 55ms

You should have at most 2 or 3 lost packets. If any higher then that is a problem that obviously GGG can't do anything about as it's an ISP/Internet communication problem.

You can take the ip address and plug it into IP Tracker to see where you are pinging to. For me in SW Florida, U.S.A. it is SoftLayer Technologies in Dallas Texas and that's the realm I play PoE on.

For other PoE realms see here: MTR and Connectivity Issue Primer

Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

Last edited by Arrowneous on Apr 2, 2016, 9:57:46 PM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
L
O
L

Trolling isn't helpful. I have great Internet connection to Dallas and maybe you do to but just LOLing about some one else's playing problems isn't helpful or wanted. If you can't contribute constructively then please stay mute.

"
Arrowneous wrote:

Note: Don't know how to ping other realms. Maybe some one else knows the ip or url for them.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1377789
"
Arrowneous wrote:
If you aren't set up to run PoE properly then you can't blame GGG for DCs. Also, If your ISP is shitty on quality of service then in no way can GGG be blamed for that.

You don't lose a whole map with a simple (client side) dc. You can just log in again and use one of the remaining portals.
When suddenly all portals are gone, means the instance(-server) crashed. And in that situation it doesn't matter how good/bad your PC or how good/bad your ISP is.
"
Arrowneous wrote:
 BTW, you do play PoE correctly meaning you have a gaming rig and Internet setup that minimizes lag and maximizes performance, yes? Please see my comments here: Are Perandus mobs killing your frame rates?. If you aren't set up to run PoE properly then you can't blame GGG for DCs. Also, If your ISP is shitty on quality of service then in no way can GGG be blamed for that. Run sets of 100 pings to your PoE realm from Windows command prompt:

ping www.pathofexile.com /n 100

See how many packets time out. Here's the end of my ping tests:

Reply from 23.246.201.124: bytes=32 time=45ms TTL=49
Reply from 23.246.201.124: bytes=32 time=47ms TTL=49
Reply from 23.246.201.124: bytes=32 time=46ms TTL=49
Reply from 23.246.201.124: bytes=32 time=46ms TTL=49
Reply from 23.246.201.124: bytes=32 time=48ms TTL=49

Ping statistics for 23.246.201.124:
Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 100, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 44ms, Maximum = 50ms, Average = 45ms

You should have at most 2 or 3 lost packets. If any higher then that is a problem that obviously GGG can't do anything about as it's an ISP/Internet communication problem.

You can take the ip address and plug it into IP Tracker to see where you are pinging to. For me in SW Florida, U.S.A. it is SoftLayer Technologies in Dallas Texas and that's the realm I play PoE on.

Note: Don't know how to ping other realms. Maybe some one else knows the ip or url for them.

It's always nice of you people to offer to upgrade our PC and internet, though I wonder why you never follow through.

Oh, you mean I'm supposed to upgrade everything I own so I can get one game to perform decently on the lowest settings available in it?

Oh...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info