Ascendancy-Themed Fan Art Competition!

"
Lolwhatskillz wrote:
"
You can use a site like tinypic to upload the pic. Then copy the link it gives you to use here and place it between the [.img][./img] tags. (minus the periods of course) :)
Hmm, i have it on imgur, do i use the share link or the direct link? sorry for all the questions.

Never used imgur but I think you can copy the direct link and put in the img tags and it should work.

Does the share link have the img tags already around it? If so, that should work also.

Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Here is my art submission, hopefully someone likes it!
YAY new wallpapers!!!
Digital Art entry with Drawing Time Lapse video.

High Resolution Image

Background Info

I started working on the digital art during Ascendancy closed beta. I got most of the references and ideas from watching streams.

The exterior parts of the in-game labyrinth really inspired me so I decided go with that theme. I picked Argus, a Ranger and a Shadow for my characters.

I also wanted to make the drawing in a wide-angle perspective. I found this technique very challenging.

I took some screenshots of Argus and of the exterior environment. I did not have access to Ascendancy beta so I took these screenshots from beta streams on Twitch. I also used some character references from POE website.

I used a digital pen on a Wacom tablet to draw out the sketches and then with Photoshop's pen tool I created the shapes. Every tiny details are made of these shapes, even most of the shading.
The drawing contains 1360 shape layers and 125 layers of sketches and additional shadings.

In the video you can see that I actually cropped the top part of the drawing. It felt like stabbing myself but the result is better like this, in my opinion. The labyrinth part just drew too much attention from the characters.

Once the drawing was complete I moved the high resolution image to After Effects and I did the colour correction there.

I screen captured my work from the beginning and ended up with 30+ Hours of Video footage which was 95Gb.
It took me around 6 days to finish the drawing, 1 day to edit the video and around 6h rendering.

After cutting out few hours of nonsense, I have shrunk the 27hours into a 18min time lapse.

Video editing was a bit tricky actually, because I could not speed up the files 1 by 1 because at that point I did not know how long the final video is going to be. Well basically I did not want to spend hours calculating numbers so I thought Its better if I edit the video like if it was a real time one and then speed up the whole composition in one go. Actually I had to do 2 compositions because there is a 24h limit on each Premiere compositions.

I used the Original Soundtrack - 51 - Izaro's Labyrinth Exterior. I thought this would fit the theme the best

I hope you like the result of my work, I wish everyone good luck.
-Fori
[IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/2q8bplh.jpg[/IMG]

Not that good at photoshop, but i kinda like this, hope you guys can see it
Could we get some kind of rules for these fan art competitions? What is and isn't allowed? Can we use other peoples art if it was used in a transformative way? Is video allowed? Music? What is "ascendancy themed", does it have to instill a "sense" of ascendancy, or could it be something mostly irrelevant to the game as long as it has an element from it and is clearly the focus, would that ever even win if so?
So who will win?
Man... i would love an armor set but no point even trying with art like that to compete with... -_-
Awesome! Where's the +fav button ?

Meanwhile...
Time to get Izaro's Amour, Weapon and backpiece as MTX.
Processing tuned down tempest shield MTX [pending...]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info