Most Popular Perandus League Skills and Unique Items

Nice stuff, thanks!

Why on earth Vaal lightning trap? Why is that so popular?
"
PhoenixFlame wrote:
"
Sure_K4y wrote:

If there is any mod that needs to get removed ASAP, it is "players have bloodmagic", might as well replace it with "monsters reflect 15%-25% of chaos damage", just to make sure the Voltaxic-fraction also has a reason to reroll maps every now and then, because the REAL reason for Voltaxic being so popular is that they can handle practically any map mod, even BM being bearable, by which way they do mapping for relatively cheap and reap more rewards while doing so... Would also increase the popularity of trappers in all variances, while making "Detonate Dead" mainstream viable again(?) at the same time.

In short: Voltaxic owns any map-mod there is, which makes it OP. Chaos reflect should have been introduced with Ascendancy. Like it or lump it.

Can't really argue with that. Although, to have map mods in the game just to force you to re-roll the map seems pretty ridiculous, because that's all it does. Map reflect offers no challenge, it is only a currency sink. Map Reflect IMO is and will always be a lazy cheap mechanic that offers nothing to be desired.

What else would map mods be there for, if not for the sake of creating an additional currency sink? I mean, what else is Bloodmagic doing at this point, or ele/phys reflect? To be fair here, you are either phys/ele/chaos/minion based (or leaning heavily towards one of those), so any map mod that does not affect you is highly desireable to get/keep your pool going. With that in mind, you want mods available which either affect you 100%, or 0%, plus whatever there is in between, because any mod that you do not have to care about is a win already, which is where Voltaxic "wins more" than others. In the current state of the game chaos and minion builds (SRS in particular) have the easiest time dealing with map mods. Bloodmagic is just pointless as a map mod in my point of view, because only a "chosen few" have BM allocated, or are able to deal with it anyways.

Either you spend currency for rerolling those maps, or you spend currency for creating another character that is capeable of doing what your main character can not. Voltaxic simply rolls for free here, which is an "unfair advantage" (Yes, I said so loudly) in my book.

I simply want a more or less "level playing field". Any build there is has to consider the map mods in question, and decide whether or not the map is doable, voltaxic does not (ranged, reflect immune, high DPS). Even DD, which is completely reflect free, needs to consider things like -max, temp- chains, status ailment avoidance and then some, plus they are tied to their desecrate cooldown, making them "pseudo-trappers" in the process. Voltaxic has no drawbacks, that needs dealing with.

"
cesmode wrote:
Nice stuff, thanks!

Why on earth Vaal lightning trap? Why is that so popular?

Free 50% more damage on mouseclick, what's not to love? It is half a vessel of vinktar that occupies no flask slot. Seems legit, doesn't it?
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
Last edited by Sure_K4y on Mar 24, 2016, 5:01:50 PM
wow that voltaxic why so popular?
"
RedStark wrote:
wow that voltaxic why so popular?

Read my previous post on Voltaxic... should say it all...

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Great to see so many build enabling,recently introduced,almost op uniques everyone was hyping about being used.
"
PsOfOs wrote:
Great to see so many build enabling,recently introduced,almost op uniques everyone was hyping about being used.

And said uniques would be..? I see nothing new on that list in terms of items.

New skills? A few here and there...

New uniques? *ahem*... nope... Not at all.

"
Sure_K4y wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:

Sorry forgot to "/sarcasm off"
"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
Sure_K4y wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:

Sorry forgot to "/sarcasm off"

Now you make a lot of sense.

Frankly, I would not be too surprised if Varunastra made its way onto this list later on in the league, but other than that I would like to see something "really new and viable", though.

I would be interested in seeing a second version of this list based on the next 2 months of the league. Most people make their first character with what they know is going to work and usually what is going to be the cheapest. It seems like the real testing and experimenting happens after the first 3 weeks of the league. People have gotten some wealth built up and understand how the game has shifted. It seems like the second half of a league is when the really broken builds come out. People have learned how new skills, uniques & passives all work and interact with each other. This also ties in a little bit with the big streamers, especially the ones who push the ladders. Typically they stick with what they know is going to work. After the race to 100 is over then everyone is looking at what they can break and/or just have fun with. Not only is it interesting to see the builds shift league to league but I think it would be interesting how it shifts from month to month during the league.
spark hype

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info