[2.4] Axe Earthquake Berserker + Videos! 8k Life, 7 End.Charges, 360k peak EQ, 340k peak AW.

After a few dead starts, I decided to roll this for Essence. I think it's a very strong build. Especially for the amount of currency I've invested. A great league starter, indeed. You only need a few leveling weapons, and you're ready to crush Wraeclast. The last time I had such an easy time leveling and killing bosses in a new league was probably Facebreaker Cyclone. I almost couldn't believe how easily Malachai fell.

It's a melee build, though. Those who play melee builds in PoE are a strange lot, in my opinion. Well, as a consequence, the clear speed is a bit slow compared to ranged builds. I felt pretty inadequate when I partied with a CoC wander. But you do get nice tankiness.

Speaking of tankiness, I often feel like I'm not. And that brings me to my perhaps biggest dislike of the build: there are too many buttons to press. You feel insanely strong and tanky when you have all of your crap on and active, but when not, it feels a bit squishy. Triple flasks, jumping to get Fortify, having to manually cast Enduring Cry, totem for bosses, it's a bit busy. Maybe I'm just lazy?

Definitely a build that feels strong from start to finish. I've never gotten to endgame maps before, maybe this will finally be the one.

By the way, the totem is insanely strong. It does almost double my EQ's dps, though it has conc instead of inc. aoe. Still.

Random leveling tips. Buy those leveling weapons. Geofri, Blood Reaper, Kaom. Get life before dps in the tree. I had like 5k hp and 10k dps standing in hideout near the end of merciless with trash 1-2c rares and Hezmana's. Obviously that's not amazing, but more than enough for the leveling process.

Edit: I did have a question. Which flasks should I use before Taste of Hate and even Lion's Roar? Atziri's and just a Granite?
Last edited by Clerith on Sep 10, 2016, 10:56:42 PM
I really need help guys. Yes i'm playing bersek eq build in new essence league. Currently i have nearly 7k HP, 11k armour without flask, up to 30k with flask, max res(+13 chaos res) and guess what uber izaro nearly 1 shot me with his swing attack, his normal attack is fine but his swing and slam are deadly. I wonder if sth's wrong here or i miss something ? My DPS is not that high 45k dps max but i feel fine with it. I watch uber fight in this thread and very suprise how easily he deafeated izaro without taking any deathly hits( i don't care about his huge dps but his survibility cause my defence stat seems fine only my HP is lower than him). So can any1 point out what's i'm missing or what do i need more ?
Btw i don't know if enduring cry helps in boss fight ( will i get charges when there's only the boss in the room ? ). And i don't see he uses immortal call set up ? Why is that ?
"
Clerith wrote:
After a few dead starts, I decided to roll this for Essence. I think it's a very strong build. Especially for the amount of currency I've invested. A great league starter, indeed. You only need a few leveling weapons, and you're ready to crush Wraeclast. The last time I had such an easy time leveling and killing bosses in a new league was probably Facebreaker Cyclone. I almost couldn't believe how easily Malachai fell.

It's a melee build, though. Those who play melee builds in PoE are a strange lot, in my opinion. Well, as a consequence, the clear speed is a bit slow compared to ranged builds. I felt pretty inadequate when I partied with a CoC wander. But you do get nice tankiness.

Speaking of tankiness, I often feel like I'm not. And that brings me to my perhaps biggest dislike of the build: there are too many buttons to press. You feel insanely strong and tanky when you have all of your crap on and active, but when not, it feels a bit squishy. Triple flasks, jumping to get Fortify, having to manually cast Enduring Cry, totem for bosses, it's a bit busy. Maybe I'm just lazy?

Definitely a build that feels strong from start to finish. I've never gotten to endgame maps before, maybe this will finally be the one.

By the way, the totem is insanely strong. It does almost double my EQ's dps, though it has conc instead of inc. aoe. Still.

Random leveling tips. Buy those leveling weapons. Geofri, Blood Reaper, Kaom. Get life before dps in the tree. I had like 5k hp and 10k dps standing in hideout near the end of merciless with trash 1-2c rares and Hezmana's. Obviously that's not amazing, but more than enough for the leveling process.

Edit: I did have a question. Which flasks should I use before Taste of Hate and even Lion's Roar? Atziri's and just a Granite?

I dont mean to be rude but yeah thats possibly ur lazyness :P
Managing flasks and ur end.cry really is piss easy once you're used to it plus it makes for more interesting gameplay instead of (for example) "one button pressing braindead old coc cyclone builds" :)

To answer ur flask question: I used a basalt + granite of ironskin until the big boy flasks.

"
huyakf1997 wrote:
I really need help guys. Yes i'm playing bersek eq build in new essence league. Currently i have nearly 7k HP, 11k armour without flask, up to 30k with flask, max res(+13 chaos res) and guess what uber izaro nearly 1 shot me with his swing attack, his normal attack is fine but his swing and slam are deadly. I wonder if sth's wrong here or i miss something ? My DPS is not that high 45k dps max but i feel fine with it. I watch uber fight in this thread and very suprise how easily he deafeated izaro without taking any deathly hits( i don't care about his huge dps but his survibility cause my defence stat seems fine only my HP is lower than him). So can any1 point out what's i'm missing or what do i need more ?

If a simple swing did that much dmg. to you he must've had alot buffs + it was most likely a crit.
Also yes, the end.charges help a ton! With 7 up you gain a flat 28% physical dmg. mitigation, then make sure to pop flasks when you get in his face and you're golden. :)

Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
"

To answer ur flask question: I used a basalt + granite of ironskin until the big boy flasks.

I hate to be anal retentive, but what's the fifth flask? I'm using 2 life + granite + basalt right now. I'm still guessing it's Atziri's Promise, but I'm all ears for something else to replace the very expensive Taste of Hate.
"
Clerith wrote:
"

I hate to be anal retentive, but what's the fifth flask? I'm using 2 life + granite + basalt right now. I'm still guessing it's Atziri's Promise, but I'm all ears for something else to replace the very expensive Taste of Hate.

Nah its fine :P
It's your choice to make really...
Either go with atziri flasks or a quicksilver of adrenaline. :)
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

"
huyakf1997 wrote:

If a simple swing did that much dmg. to you he must've had alot buffs + it was most likely a crit.
Also yes, the end.charges help a ton! With 7 up you gain a flat 28% physical dmg. mitigation, then make sure to pop flasks when you get in his face and you're golden. :)

[/quote]
Omg then he crit double in 2 first shots ( it's the first fight so i don't think he has buff ). The first swing my HP went down to about 100-200 then the 2nd when my HP wasn't full enough i died. Let me try again to see if he critted or i'm too weak. Btw my main concern is how to gain endurance charges in boss fight ? Can u show me how ? In the video i saw he just need to cast enduring cry a single time and he get max charges. I mean the ascendency point of juggernaunt can do that but 25% seems not too much and his charges is max all the time (idk if that's luck or sth idk here ?) so he can use immortal call so efficiently. But how about berseker how do they gain charges ?
"
huyakf1997 wrote:

Omg then he crit double in 2 first shots ( it's the first fight so i don't think he has buff ). The first swing my HP went down to about 100-200 then the 2nd when my HP wasn't full enough i died. Let me try again to see if he critted or i'm too weak. Btw my main concern is how to gain endurance charges in boss fight ? Can u show me how ? In the video i saw he just need to cast enduring cry a single time and he get max charges. I mean the ascendency point of juggernaunt can do that but 25% seems not too much and his charges is max all the time (idk if that's luck or sth idk here ?) so he can use immortal call so efficiently. But how about berseker how do they gain charges ?

Might indeed have been the case.
Sometimes you just have really bad RNG.

About getting end.charges in the fight:
Just kite him and use end.cry until you reach ur max charges.
After a while at the start Izaro also spawns his little skeletons which also help alot getting up ur charges faster. =)

"
huyakf1997 wrote:

Izaro has multiple flavors. Sometimes he wields a sword and shield other times he wields a two-handed mace. The skills he uses also change from day to day. The most dangerous phase (or one of, I think each weapon type has a phase you want to avoid) is the one you're talking about where he sends a giant lacerate towards you. If he has shock totems and the thing crits it also one shots no matter what your defenses. This is by design so you don't make a build that mindlessly face tanks everything without even needing to play the content.

This entire game is littered with such dangers. Sometimes your build can take it other times it's the one thing that basically kills your build. That's just how they designed the game.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
huyakf1997 wrote:
Btw i don't know if enduring cry helps in boss fight ( will i get charges when there's only the boss in the room ? ). And i don't see he uses immortal call set up ? Why is that ?

The rule of thumb is that you don't rely on ECs or any kind of charges for that matter for a boss. ECs are way too hard to generate for them to actually be reliable. The juggernaut class bypassed this but obviously GGG knew they screwed up and quickly patched it. 25% is not something you want to gamble on. Charges are considered a bonus but if you can't run bosses without them you're gonna be in for a world of hurt.
Deliver pain exquisite

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info