[2.4] Axe Earthquake Berserker + Videos! 8k Life, 7 End.Charges, 360k peak EQ, 340k peak AW.

"
clinx1337 wrote:
"

Duelist (Slayer) is a nice option if you prefer having tons of AoE, you miss out on free mana leech tho (to solve this use blasphemy + Warlords Mark, this also helps leeching life!) and 20% less dmg.

Looking at your tree you picked some notes you dont really need at all aka bad pathing IMO.
This is what I would've done: http://poeurl.com/Lve
The way I did it you end up with way more life% and dmg. :)

Since ur going Duelist (again, I recommand Slayer for AoE!) I would wait until you reach lvl 64 and get the Hezmana Axe with a decend roll. (no need for kaoms axe cuz slayers build in culling is way better!)
Also ascendency perks for slayer + order:
Spoiler

Also ur fine with a 4L for a long time, trust me.
Just save up currency for now until you can afford a high rolled axe and then try to 6S and at least 5L it.

Hope this helps! :)

This does! I used my respecs to move over to what you have suggested! This is the most "damage control" I could get. Will still need more refunds and regrets later to fully fix it, but ALOT closer to your suggestions now:

Maybe you can add more clarity (forgive me I havnt played in like 3-4 years so many of this is new).

I miss out on free mana leech because? Also thats why I put a few points (4) into mana/life leech on the bottom right of the duelist starting area. Is there something the Mara gets instead?

So I should go Slayer for ascendancy? (EDIT: Just completed Normal Ascendancy, Selected Slayer as you suggested. I am wondering why the initial guide in the OP suggests to not go Slayer?) I already bought a good leveling axe last night for 2 Alch. So not much spent there, I can still buy the Hezmana Axe come lvl 64. What "Culling" is from Slayer build? Would you please elaborate?

What do you recommend for the 4L?
EQ->decreased Duration-> Inc Phys Damage? -> What else?

Also What about 4L for my Warchief?
Warchief -> ??? -> ??? -> ???

Your advice is MUCH appreciated!!!! Trying to catch up to some friends running t4/t5 stuff atm and really want to make sure I am carrying my own weight by "end game".

Your tree looks alot better now, only the marauder armour notes left to respec and the leech note in the duelist area.

Also np, I can explain things to you.

What I mean by "you miss out on free manaleech" is that the berserker gets a perk that leeches 1% of life/mana and + 2% life/mana when killed recently for a total of 3% life/mana leech. :)

You could also keep the duelist leech for now and respec later even tho as said i recommand using warlords mark + blasphemy (this gives you a "leech aura") + hatred. (extra cold dmg.)

The reason why Slayer isnt listed here, is cuz this is a Marauder (Berserker) guide.
Juggernaut and Chieftain are listed as well cuz they're also Marauder ascendencies.
I might add others tho now that you ask...

About culling:
Spoiler
"A hit with culling strike will kill an enemy if it is still alive with 10% of maximum life or less after taking damage from the hit.

Culling strike does not trigger when an enemy is reduced to zero life outright by the damage inflicted by a hit."

The slayers ascendency perk "Bane of Legends" does have a special culling! "Kill Enemies that have 20% or lower Life when Hit by your Skills" This is especially good against bosses!

Gem setups are listed in the guide but here they are again:

Earthquake > Less Duration > Melee Physical Damage > Inc.AoE/Conc.Effect > Added Fire Damage > Weapon Elemental Damage.

Ancestral Warchief > Faster Attacks > Melee Physical Damage > Inc.AoE/Conc.Effect > Added Fire Damage > Weapon Elemental Damage.

Also np, ur welcome! :)

Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
Last edited by Zahkriisos1337 on Sep 9, 2016, 4:20:52 AM
Hi there, much appreciate the EQ guide here, it has done wonders in terms of me returning back to the game after a long hiatus! I do see that you aren't using Kaom's Heart now, any particular reason why? I'm assuming it's to make up for lost damage with the EQ nerfs, but if there's anything else to add i'd like to hear them if you'd be so kind :)
"
Aganzo wrote:
Hi there, much appreciate the EQ guide here, it has done wonders in terms of me returning back to the game after a long hiatus! I do see that you aren't using Kaom's Heart now, any particular reason why? I'm assuming it's to make up for lost damage with the EQ nerfs, but if there's anything else to add i'd like to hear them if you'd be so kind :)

Glad to hear I could help you! :)

Have been using Belly + Warchief a while before 2.4 was released.
The additional dmg. this totem deals is just way too good imo + can act as decoy in really dangerous situations.
And yes, it also helps with the dmg. lost in 2.4. :)

Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

Added more ascendency class options + skilltrees for them!

But who do you suggest to play on sc - Berserker or Jugg? I would like Berserker, cus it seems fun but I dont know if with this 10% more damage taken I will be able to clear higher tier maps:)
"
Serart wrote:
But who do you suggest to play on sc - Berserker or Jugg? I would like Berserker, cus it seems fun but I dont know if with this 10% more damage taken I will be able to clear higher tier maps:)

If you are scared about the 10% inc. dmg. taken but still want to deal alot of dmg. Slayer class might be for you! :)
Gives you more AoE, 20% more dmg. if killed recently and nice overkill leech without the downside of taking increased dmg.

Tree and class is listed in the buildguide! :)

"

Your tree looks alot better now, only the marauder armour notes left to respec and the leech note in the duelist area.

What I mean by "you miss out on free manaleech" is that the berserker gets a perk that leeches 1% of life/mana and + 2% life/mana when killed recently for a total of 3% life/mana leech. :)

You could also keep the duelist leech for now and respec later even tho as said i recommand using warlords mark + blasphemy (this gives you a "leech aura") + hatred. (extra cold dmg.)

Thanks! Since I am Duelist, would you mind making a ~100 point skill tree. Im powering through levels atm and not sure if I should try and copy your OP or something else because im duelist?

Ill probably keep the leech for now, until I get more regret/respecs and remove the armor ones asap for now. Later once regrets come down in price I can remove the leech ones and use Warloard like you suggest.

"
clinx1337 wrote:
"

Thanks! Since I am Duelist, would you mind making a ~100 point skill tree. Im powering through levels atm and not sure if I should try and copy your OP or something else because im duelist?

Ill probably keep the leech for now, until I get more regret/respecs and remove the armor ones asap for now. Later once regrets come down in price I can remove the leech ones and use Warloard like you suggest.

Here's a 96 points tree: http://poeurl.com/LD5

Once you're done with this one, simply pick remaining life% notes, jewel sockets and the small axe notes at duelist.

This would be ur finished tree: http://poeurl.com/LDq

"

Here's a 96 points tree: http://poeurl.com/LD5

Once you're done with this one, simply pick remaining life% notes, jewel sockets and the small axe notes at duelist.

This would be ur finished tree: http://poeurl.com/LDq

Cheers!

I got a few more respec points, as well as an orb of regret which I used. So I now removed all the Mara armor nodes. Only have 1 of the duelist mana leech ones still...

I decided to go for the Mara HP nodes now rather than all the 2H/Axe DPS ones... My DPS is fine (~11-12k at lvl 60) and I 1 shot any group of mobs with 4L EQ. When I put the totem down, bosses drop in 2-3 seconds flat. My HP is my weak area I feel atm, so Ill grab the large cluster of HP nodes (above Mara start) earlier on, and as I get more ill throw them in the Axe DPS/2H DPS spots, either that or Endurance charges...

Appreciate all the help, made a BIG difference to my build!!! Merc is becoming much more fun to play now. Ill probably pop back in here in a few days once I start maps and if I hit another snag. So far I need to finish Merc, then do Ascendancy on Cruel/Merc and run some maps for better gear. So far I think ill progress nicely through maps though with this setup! Cheers again!
"
"
Aganzo wrote:

Glad to hear I could help you! :)

Have been using Belly + Warchief a while before 2.4 was released.
The additional dmg. this totem deals is just way too good imo + can act as decoy in really dangerous situations.
And yes, it also helps with the dmg. lost in 2.4. :)

+1

KH only gives about 600 more HP on top of BOFB. When you're floating around 9-9.5K, losing ~600 is trivial compared to the benefits of having another ally on the field and one that deals tremendous amounts of damage on top of that. TBH, I can't see KH being sufficient enough to take on T16 or bosses at that high a level. 600 HP doesn't come anywhere near close to basically outright doubling your damage (AT hits about as hard as you do) and having a meat shield that can stay in melee range while you dance around your opponent. They'll likely nerf AT before long, but even then, AT is way worth it. I couldn't done a few of the top boss fights without it!
Deliver pain exquisite

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info