[2.2] SAB - Chaotic Ice Trapper "safe" - in-depth guide [UBER DOWN] - 2.3 wip

added a section before the introduction about the announced 2.3 chaos conversion nerfs
"
tufferugli wrote:
added a section before the introduction about the announced 2.3 chaos conversion nerfs

"
anyway, if you play in standard you can grab two legacy consuming and convert 90% of fire into chaos. this will make the nerf irrelevant (-5% overall damage).

how the fuck did u calculate that?!

1. there are no legacy versions of consuming dark or voltaxic rift or infernal mantle!

2. "new" chaos conversion is 0.6 times the old one. in 2.2 it is 50%, so the new 2.3 version is 30% conversion. two of them => right, 60%. if you add the infernal mantle 2.3 version it's 75% total.
"
Hyron wrote:

1. there are no legacy versions of consuming dark or voltaxic rift or infernal mantle!

emh...

"
tufferugli wrote:
"
Hyron wrote:

emh...

Chris Wilson said "There will be no legacy Voltaxic, CD, Mantle", which implies all of the existing Consuming Dark is brought down to 30%.

Besides, the build isn't exactly safe. You have 4.7k life, which is merely 200 - 300 more than the crit version and the damage with everything combined is like 55 to 60% of a crit version. Trapper has always been about burst, kill or be killed, so that huge gap of DPS can't be ignored.

"
Taxi_Driver wrote:

Chris Wilson said "There will be no legacy Voltaxic, CD, Mantle", which implies all of the existing Consuming Dark is brought down to 30%.

i'm not so sure
"

Elemental to chaos conversion has been reduced in effectiveness. This only appears on a few items, but is a system change rather than just a change to those items. As such the items affected will not have legacy versions with old values. We have made sure these items display the correct new effective value. The values of chaos conversion on Voltaxic Rift, Infernal Mantle and The Consuming Dark uniques have been reduced to be 60% of their prior value.

there will be no legacy 2.2 cd because they are modifying the mod value and not the items.
so given the fact that all the ele2chaos mod will be multiplied by 0.6, i'm confident that the legacy cd will be 45%.

"
Taxi_Driver wrote:

Besides, the build isn't exactly safe. You have 4.7k life, which is merely 200 - 300 more than the crit version and the damage with everything combined is like 55 to 60% of a crit version. Trapper has always been about burst, kill or be killed, so that huge gap of DPS can't be ignored.

those are old screenshots, i currently have 5.2k (and can take more) also damage is fine, watch the videos.
Spoiler
there will be no legacy 2.2 cd because they are modifying the mod value and not the items.
so given the fact that all the ele2chaos mod will be multiplied by 0.6, i'm confident that the legacy cd will be 45%.

that wouldnt make sense anyway and totally wont match chris' words. so expect the 30% version of the dagger only :D
that's what they did with leech mod in the leech nerf...
anyway it's pointless to continue.

i think we have to wait tomorrow to see what happens.

however i'm changing the update because you are right, i cannot tell for sure if that would be the case

so yeah, still more than viable in standard
Is this build viable with non-legacy daggers? Or should i try another trap?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info