[2.2] SAB - Chaotic Ice Trapper "safe" - in-depth guide [UBER DOWN] - 2.3 wip

"
Taxi_Driver wrote:
Of course crit without some invest in it won't be so great, but with just 1 diamond ring, crit build already starts to outperform significantly. Crit multi for cold spell can roll as high as 18% now on jewels (and that is just 1 single suffix!!!) making investment into crit build easier than you thought.

my calculation are done on obojetnecotujest stats, but yes, you can invest more in crit and you'll gain a lot of damage.

if you want to take the crit route there is also the heartseeker cluster by the highway that we path to take master sapper.

however i still prefer eo. you spend just one point for it and you gain a lot more defence which is (imho) what the build needs.

"
Taxi_Driver wrote:
You also miss out the single best boss killer buff for a trap build: Vaal Lightning Trap.

i don't feel that i need it cause bosses die fast, but i'll add that in the gem section, thanks for the input :)
Last edited by tufferugli on Mar 24, 2016, 9:52:22 AM
Some of the passive links in your level section aren't working.
"
Skaithakk wrote:
Some of the passive links in your level section aren't working.

yes i'm sorry...

i was working on it the last hour so you have probably seen an unfinished version.

now all should work :)
Hey, currently leveling this in PSC. The build looks awesome but I have a question. Would this work with a 5L? If so, what Gem would you drop? Would I still be able to to Atziri with a 5L?
Long story short: can u manage to kill uber or some strange twinned cores or some awkward mods t15s and such on? I can't understand if yours 13×1.4 outperforms or not the 33k that the crit build got.
"
m0onknight wrote:
Hey, currently leveling this in PSC. The build looks awesome but I have a question. Would this work with a 5L? If so, what Gem would you drop? Would I still be able to to Atziri with a 5L?

happy that you like the build :)

what makes the build works is the interaction between chain reaction and cluster trap, so the only unchangeable link is cluster.

all of the other links are more multipliers, so just leave out the one that gives you less damage on the tooltip.
i cannot say to you which one right now because some of my support are now relevelling after i vendored them at lvl 20 for the quality recipe.

anyway, if you are in softcore i suggest you to use a tabula, because giving the fact that all of the links are more multi the sixth link usually net you a lot of damage.

also, level cluster trap as soon as you get it even if you don't use it rigth away.
when my cluster went from lvl20 to lvl1 q20 i lost HALF of my damage.

"
FrosMan wrote:
Long story short: can u manage to kill uber or some strange twinned cores or some awkward mods t15s and such on? I can't understand if yours 13×1.4 outperforms or not the 33k that the crit build got.

dunno. i never did uber or core (i don't play very much, plus i'm not a very good player).

anyway, if is just a tooltip matter when my ice trap reached lvl20 i touched 37k with all my buffs+atziri flask.
it was with no q on any of my gems and all of the support were lvl19, so i think that with lvl21 ice trap and q 43k are achievable.
i made a mistake on calculating the damage gain from the crits of obojetnecotujest's build...
namely, i wasn't adding up all of the crit chance cause i fucked up the excel forumla.

the right numbers are here:

so the actual difference in damage is 10% of damage. anyway, we still have +34% life and better aoe.
Thanks for sharing the video. I think your damage to comparison to crit si fair, but the crit path is "always on" whereas using Orb of Storms to proc EO is something that takes an extra cast animation (so makes you a tad slower), different positioning and is more for bosses/yellows - is that fair or not?
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Thanks for sharing the video. I think your damage to comparison to crit si fair, but the crit path is "always on" whereas using Orb of Storms to proc EO is something that takes an extra cast animation (so makes you a tad slower), different positioning and is more for bosses/yellows - is that fair or not?

yes, most of the time mapping normally i forget to cast it just because the damage is very good anyway.

if you played a poison trapper you can see eo as your wither totem: you use it just when you need that extra damage.

yes, crit is always on, but it needs power charge to outdamage eo:

with 0 pc you reach 30% more damage:

with 4 pc you reach 50% more damage:

with eo we are the middle of the road and probably with it we are in a better spot in boss fight in which you can't generate pc easily.
Another idea: how about running two heralds (HoI and HoA) and curse on hit-enfeeble instead of one herald and blasphemy-enfeeble?

That would cost 50% mana reserved and you get two heralds, vs one herald and blasphemy, which costs 60% mana reserved...

EDIT: nevermind, doesn't work!
Last edited by mrpetrov on Mar 26, 2016, 2:21:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info