[2.2] SAB - Chaotic Ice Trapper "safe" - in-depth guide [UBER DOWN] - 2.3 wip

"
Violander wrote:
"
claydbp wrote:
Hey man, ty for the answer. I am currently at level 70 can u take a look at my gear and tell me what i need to change?

Not OP here, but you need to change your amulet as a priority to something with spell/cold/fire damage, more resists and more life.

You also need to change that your ring, belt, gloves to get more life/resists all around.

hey :)

as violander said, you can try to get more life on those slots.

also, having high res rolls will make you able to drop one ele res roll to squeeze in a second chaos res roll, which isn't bad at all.

"
unlucky_child wrote:
Why no ENTROPY node?
ice dmg -> PYRE = fire
fire dmg -> CONSUMIG DARK = POISON CHAOS

because it will scale just the poison.

if you want to spend 2 more skill points in damage i'll suggest the two nodes before high explosives, because are plain better.
thnx for clarification. But ive read this in other guide:

"To achieve incredible damage, this build converts 100% of the fire damage from Magma Orb and Firestorm to chaos damage (Chaos Orb and ChaosStorm), thanks to the Consuming Dark Dagger. The dagger also Poisons on hit, and Poison is the reason why this build does so much damage.
The way you make Poison do monstrous DPS is by using the double-dipping mechanic with the Poison effect.
Trap Damage, Area Damage, Chaos Damage and Projectile Damage all double-dip on your Chaos Orb Trap's Poison damage, while the first three double-dip for ChaosStorm Trap.
This means that there will be an incredible burst damage from Poison immediately after the hit - hence the insta-death of Uber Atziri.

How do they double-dip?

Let's take into example Trap Damage.
Trap Damage will boost the initial hit of your Chaos Orb - which will increase the damage of Poison, since Poison's damage is based on 10% of the initial hit.
But Trap Damage will also boost the damage over time effect of the Poison, because it's applied through a trap-linked spell.
This way, Trap Damage modifiers apply twice to the Poison effect.
This is true for all the above-mentioned modifiers.

On top of all this, the build uses Elemental Overload.
The 40% MORE multiplier to elemental damage applies to the original fire damage of your spell, that then gets converted to chaos damage. As you can see in the videos, you can easily cast Orbs of Storm linked with the Critical Strike Chance gem to make Elemental Overload immediately proc (gem setup below)."
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
i think that you are referring to zabosnu's ChaosOrb trapper, right?

his ChaosOrb build is very different. he's interested in scaling dot damage, while this build focus on upfront damage.

for his build taking entropy makes sense, for this build (instead) is not as good.

don't get me wrong, you can take entropy if you want, but as i said in my previous post, since we are not focusing on dot damage there are better dmg nodes to take.
I'm following your build, I'm really enjoying it so far, I managed to make Atziri deathless and some T12 maps without problems.

I'm currently Lv. 83 with 4449 HP and 28k Avg. dmg with Atziri's Promise plus Elemental Overload up.

My question is: Is there something that I must change to improve my survivability and damage ? How much avg. dmg I need to kill Uber ?

[Equips]
Spoiler

[Skill Tree]
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYDAQQHBLMFtQceCPQOSBEvEZYWvxvgHwIi9CP2JpUrCjBxMHwy0TN4Nj02xTpCPAU9X0IsRUdFnUlRS3hMs02SUUdRdFJTU1JUR1VLVcZWSFb6XEBd8l8qYeJiT2KsZKpnTmo2akNqjGwIbAtsjG0Zb3dwUXWedm9-sH8rf8aD24fLjDaNfY2_jumP-pANkyeVLpeVl_Sa4JuGnaqexKB5ogCio6LZppmmvqcIp5uw2LTFtUi3dcBUwGbC7MgUyQbPFdQj2CTYVNvn3ajnOutj6-Tr7uwY7hXvfPDV8Yr1bw==

I'm currently trying to find more jewels (I just have one now) and some Ice Trap Lv. 21, no one in standard is selling that gem :/

Thanks.
An awesome build for sure ive copied on a retired 92lvl flicker shadow and works like a charm . :)

IGN = Tominsideeeee

I'm so happy with this build
Leveling this build right now with a tabula, really good for packs. Single target is tough because I havent done cruel lab yet for chain reaction. Any tips for Izaro? Is there a single target setup that can help? Maybe firestorm-mine-conc effect?
I fail to see whats the difference between regular squishy chaos trapper :S

Hp the same, defences the same, less dmg overall. So you gained less dmg for same survivability ?
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Edit; here is my half assed gear kinda. At level 63 - only issue im having is mana issues. I cant run Clarity + Herald + Temporal Auras all at once or I have issues. I turned off Clarity for now. Just chugging a lot of pots.

Closed Beta|Open Beta|Release|League Only
Last edited by CrownOfThorns on Apr 25, 2016, 10:49:46 PM
Would a sunblast belt be good for leveling?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info