[2.3]FoxTactics Hellfire Arc build [Full conversion fire arc] Vaal righteous fire one shot

do you suggest this build for in beginning of new league? Can we just start with this build?
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
This Build looks so nice.

But one question, why'd you took the Pain Attunement on the VP Tree? isn't it worthless?

I would love to see you doing a map with Lightning Warp (lvl 20 ofc) instead of Arc, just beacause. :D

The reason it's taken is because the damage bonus is applied when you Vaal righteous fire. Life goes low > damage goes out. Even if that is the only time his build utilizes pain attunement, it's worth it imo.
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
This Build looks so nice.

But one question, why'd you took the Pain Attunement on the VP Tree? isn't it worthless?

I would love to see you doing a map with Lightning Warp (lvl 20 ofc) instead of Arc, just beacause. :D

What LikeMaHStatus said before me and probably what the warp would look like on a map if i continued that build: https://www.twitch.tv/foxtactics/v/55610324
Last edited by FoxTactics on Apr 7, 2016, 11:14:12 AM
"
BldSwtTrs wrote:
What's the point of the fire conversion. Just for better reflect mitigation?
This build is baller. Loving it so far.

And fox was right, Vaal RF is insane. Also from what fox told me yesterday, Pain attument is for Vaal RF since it procs it so make it hit even harder.
Last edited by ashaze on Apr 7, 2016, 12:06:53 PM
"
warnly wrote:
"
BldSwtTrs wrote:
What's the point of the fire conversion. Just for better reflect mitigation?

Its in the text of the build on first page:

A character which utilises burning damage will benefit the most from increased fire and elemental damage nodes, because aside from increasing burning damage directly, they will also increase the damage of the initial hit which causes the burn.

and yes the reflect.

Edit: You would have seen this if you read the build, please do before asking questions.
Last edited by FoxTactics on Apr 7, 2016, 12:35:56 PM
added reasoning for taking paragon of calamity to the build:

The reason for taking as the third subclass passive Paragon calamity is for additional reflect defense but also reducing incoming elemental damages
Important note also with this passive is that, if you are wearing lightning coil, it counts as you are taking lightning dmg from a physical dmg monster which boosts your lightning dmg, but since this build converts all 3 elements into fire, ANY ELEMENTAL THAT HITS YOU BECOMES A BOOST TO YOUR FIRE, and this is additive so it stacks, in theory if you get hit with all 3 elements it gives you a 40% Lightning + 40% fire + 20% cold "Cold is only 50% conversion here" which results in Increased 100% fire damage boost,
Tested this with different setups, a taste of hate and a lightning coil to simulate taking both lightning dmg and cold dmg from a physical monster and confirmed boosted my dmg by quite a bit, "still wouldnt recommend taste of hate on this build for the 50% conversion reason"
Last edited by FoxTactics on Apr 7, 2016, 1:27:53 PM
I'm still a bit hazy on the avatar of fire part. Is it soley to be able to use the heart of fire cluster or is there an other reason for it?
"
My_Lego wrote:
I'm still a bit hazy on the avatar of fire part. Is it soley to be able to use the heart of fire cluster or is there an other reason for it?

Read the guide.
"
FoxTactics wrote:

Its in the text of the build on first page:

A character which utilises burning damage will benefit the most from increased fire and elemental damage nodes, because aside from increasing burning damage directly, they will also increase the damage of the initial hit which causes the burn.

and yes the reflect.

Edit: You would have seen this if you read the build, please do before asking questions.

"
FoxTactics wrote:

Read the guide.

For anyone still unclear, burn is a big part of this build. It's true that with the Elementalist you're going to be shocking, chilling, and burning on every hit no matter what type of damage you're doing so you don't need fire damage to apply a burn but applying the burn is not the reason for the conversion in this case. The reason for the conversion is for the scaling. If you leave Arc as lightning and you get lightning damage from the tree as normal you are only increasing the damage of the initial Arc hit. If you leave it as lightning damage and get burning damage from the tree you increase the burn but not the initial Arc hit. If you fully convert Arc to fire and get fire damage from the tree you not only increase the initial hit as normal but then ALSO scale the burn since fire damage applies to it as well. Converting Arc to fire allows you to essentially double-dip on your damage scaling.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info