[2.3]FoxTactics Hellfire Arc build [Full conversion fire arc] Vaal righteous fire one shot

This build is ridiculously under powered for how much investment you have to make into it.

First off, without lvl 21 or Q23 gems, you're doing to do 9k. If you do have a 6L, you can get to 14 ish. If you get all 4-prop synergistic jewels, you'll get to 18-21.

You'll still be unable to kill any boss, even ones from maps 8 lvls lower than you. You are a lvl 80? Well then, Tier 5 maps with dmg mods are impossible.

Just do a Vortex build, where you run past all packs one-shotting them, and the boss.

This is a Standard-only build, once you have a 6L Coil.

Avoid making this in temp leagues.
What level is it feasible to swap into full conversion arc?
I am levelling as firestorm, and its wrecking content so far. I am just wondering if I could swap to arc yet, or should I wait until i can use Doryani's?
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:
This build is ridiculously under powered for how much investment you have to make into it.

First off, without lvl 21 or Q23 gems, you're doing to do 9k. If you do have a 6L, you can get to 14 ish. If you get all 4-prop synergistic jewels, you'll get to 18-21.

You'll still be unable to kill any boss, even ones from maps 8 lvls lower than you. You are a lvl 80? Well then, Tier 5 maps with dmg mods are impossible.

Just do a Vortex build, where you run past all packs one-shotting them, and the boss.

This is a Standard-only build, once you have a 6L Coil.

Avoid making this in temp leagues.

Repeating the same garbage a second time doesn't make you any less wrong.
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:
This build is ridiculously under powered.

This guy couldn't be anymore wrong. With minimal investment I am able to clear tier 10+ maps easily and one shot every boss even in a party. This is with no quality on gems and gem levels 19 and below. Arc's tooltip is very deceptive, it may look low with this build but you need to factor in that you are shocking and prolifing using the mechanic of highest prolif. Still one shotting yellows with 1 arc cast in tier 12's. Very cheap and very fast clearing build.
There is no minimal investment. This build is far inferior to a Vortex build using the same general concept. You won't be doing any 1-shot boss kills without all the Uniques listed, a 6L, lvl 21-Q23 gems and 4-prop synergistic jewels.

I'll give you my exalt stash in prophecy if you one-shot a T12 boss with a 5L, no gems above lvl 18, and all 3 prop jewels.

Meanwhile, there are Vortex vids doing just that.
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:
There is no minimal investment. This build is far inferior to a Vortex build using the same general concept. You won't be doing any 1-shot boss kills without all the Uniques listed, a 6L, lvl 21-Q23 gems and 4-prop synergistic jewels.

I'll give you my exalt stash in prophecy if you one-shot a T12 boss with a 5L, no gems above lvl 18, and all 3 prop jewels.

Just in case you try to edit this out in a few mins ;)
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuoAYvWCElc&feature=youtu.be

Looking forward to your PM. @PoopyDoopy
Am I dumb? why do you take pain attunement? You have full life with the gems I see and even if vaal rf drops your hp, doesn't that not even scale off of spell damage? Doesn't seem like you ever hit low life
"
PathOfExLie wrote:
Am I dumb? why do you take pain attunement? You have full life with the gems I see and even if vaal rf drops your hp, doesn't that not even scale off of spell damage? Doesn't seem like you ever hit low life

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vaal_Righteous_Fire
While I am not as radical as the guys shitting on the build here, I have some comments on the build as an experienced player.

First of all, I did a 3-curse lowlife version of the build and my current arc dps is around 32k with ele overload and 100% increased elemental damage up on a 5link.

Have 4 grand spectrum elemental jewels and 4 armour jewels. Planning on buying 5 more elemental ones and the dps will be like 2.5x the one I have.

Though at that point the investment on gear will be around:

7ex30c for 5link shavs.
30% inc temp chains effectiveness 270 ES helm - 1ex
450ES shield - 1ex
A rainbowstride and additional curse lazhwar - 1ex
Grand spectrums (9 viridian) - 11ex.

Rest is dirt cheap.
So in total 22ex.

So, for 22ex @level 90, I think the build is an underperformer in terms of:

In-party clearspeed (can't reliably proc ele conflux).
Bosses with multiple phases and megaera with rippy mods (you cannot vrf fast enough sometimes because of receiving too much damage up close)
Uber lab
Ele reflect maps (generally can't run these)

It performs averagely on:

No regen maps.
Elemental status immunity maps.
Blood magic maps.
Curse immune maps. (For my variant only)
Clearspeed ( a kingsguard volls devotion mjölner with the same budget, shits on this build, or a same budget bladevortex pathfinder, or a same budget windripper/elewander inquisitor + those builds mostly shit on uber lab too, especially mjölner and bladevortex)

Perhaps the clearspeed can be better if a spark variant is used.

It performs very nicely on:

Maps under t13 solo
-max maps
gmp maps
half regen maps
bosses with single phase or with adds (1-shot)
Tankyness (my variant has full rumi uptime for 50+ block/spellblock)
Curse supporting a group (temp chains enfeeble/ele weakness warlord's mark)

TL;DR:
All in all, for the price/performance aspect there are many other builds that perform better.
This build is a solid solo-performer.
The map mods that can ruin the build's effectiveness: 3-4. (For top builds this is generally 1 or 2, so they don't need to chaos roll maps as much as we do)
In a party, I would rather invest on other builds.

Edit:

For reference, a lowlife blade vortex pathfinder with NO INVESTMENT in damage nodes @22ex has:

50%+ block/spellblock
Permanent vaal pact vinktar 20% life and mana leech so its always on full health.
OVER 1 million dps (The super duper geared user Aderp here has 50k+ town dps and perhaps 100k dps with all buffs up at the most)

An AOE that spans half the screen and oneshots blues and requires 1 second of waiting on rares.
120%+ movespeed so it just walks and everything dies.
And can do uber lab without respecting any of the mechanics, killing uber izaro just as it appears from the platform (takes only 0.5 seconds I think, maybe less).
Last edited by Mothren on Jun 28, 2016, 5:44:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info