[2.2] Budget Super Tanky Mjölner || Fast Clearspeed || No Voll's || Hierophant MoM + EB + GR

Really enjoying this build, here's my gear at level 70

Don't seem to be having any problems with the build, damage and survivability are both good.
Last edited by robertjanzen on Mar 29, 2016, 1:14:51 AM
"
robertjanzen wrote:

Don't seem to be having any problems with the build, damage and survivability are both good.

Your gear is perfect! How do you like the 6L with life gain on hit? i always thought BiS gems were Molten + FA + MS + GMP + Fort + LMP but getting 3 off color is such a pain. Life gain on hit seems like it adds another nice layer of sustainability which could be very useful.
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Last edited by lDantonl on Mar 29, 2016, 9:42:43 AM
Added leveling trees to the leveling section.

plans for 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 108 point trees now available in the main post.
"
lDantonl wrote:
"
robertjanzen wrote:

Your gear is perfect! How do you like the 6L with life gain on hit? i always thought BiS gems were Molten + FA + MS + GMP + Fort + LMP but getting 3 off color is such a pain. Life gain on hit seems like it adds another nice layer of sustainability which could be very useful.

I'll have to play the build more before I know if life gain on hit is better than lesser multiple projectiles. First impression is that it's helping out quite a bit.

What do you think about using a life leech gem in the 6th slot instead of blood magic for curse immune maps? I imagine the physical damage from Mjolner would provide enough leech to sustain the energy shield / mana pool.
Last edited by robertjanzen on Mar 29, 2016, 5:32:41 PM
"
robertjanzen wrote:

I'll have to play the build more before I know if life gain on hit is better than lesser multiple projectiles. First impression is that it's helping out quite a bit.

What do you think about using a life leech gem in the 6th slot instead of blood magic for curse immune maps? I imagine the physical damage from Mjolner would provide enough leech to sustain the energy shield / mana pool.

Cool, i've added life gain on hit as the main 6L setup in the main build.

As for your question about blood magic, i found this confusing as both of our setups don't run blood magic. If you want to use LL instead of fortify i'm sure that would be fine.
Spoiler

Here is what I have at level 80+. I changed a few things slightly though in the skill tree. I opted to go for the nearby "Whispers of Doom" curse tree for the +1 additional curse. I think being able to run Enfeeble or whatever second curse is worth the price of a few of the other nodes.

It's pretty good, but I have trouble against some bosses since this build suffers at single target dps. It also lags my friends, which is a plus.

Right now I am thinking that, if I can manage to squeeze in additional elemental resists else where, I will replace either my ring or my amulet with a corrupted "+1 curse" one and then use a Doedre's Scorn for a significant boost in damage and 3 total curses.
What's the recommended armor gear we should look out for? Pure armour, armour & ES or only ES?
"
Polypropylen wrote:
What's the recommended armor gear we should look out for? Pure armour, armour & ES or only ES?

Aside from the uniques, i'd probably go high ES/Life/Resistance gear.
"
lDantonl wrote:
"
robertjanzen wrote:

As for your question about blood magic, i found this confusing as both of our setups don't run blood magic. If you want to use LL instead of fortify i'm sure that would be fine.

Since you can't use warlord's mark in curse immune maps to sustain the es/mana pool I was wondering if blood magic or LL would work.
"
robertjanzen wrote:
"
lDantonl wrote:
"
robertjanzen wrote:

Since you can't use warlord's mark in curse immune maps to sustain the es/mana pool I was wondering if blood magic or LL would work.

Oh absolutely. Blood magic works just fine, this build was a blood magic build at first, but then later transitioned into EB+MoM. Just remove fortify in favor of it.

I haven't tried life leech in place of it though, maybe you could perform a few small tests?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info