[2.2] Budget Super Tanky Mjölner || Fast Clearspeed || No Voll's || Hierophant MoM + EB + GR

"
Terrisman wrote:
Spoiler

Here is what I have at level 80+. I changed a few things slightly though in the skill tree. I opted to go for the nearby "Whispers of Doom" curse tree for the +1 additional curse. I think being able to run Enfeeble or whatever second curse is worth the price of a few of the other nodes.

It's pretty good, but I have trouble against some bosses since this build suffers at single target dps. It also lags my friends, which is a plus.

Right now I am thinking that, if I can manage to squeeze in additional elemental resists else where, I will replace either my ring or my amulet with a corrupted "+1 curse" one and then use a Doedre's Scorn for a significant boost in damage and 3 total curses.

Enfeeble is always nice, i'm not sure if it's worth the points in the tree and the loss of an aura slot though.
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Any new changes for patch 2.3?
IGN Mahavir
Why don't people take Overcharged in builds like this?
"
Mahavir wrote:
Any new changes for patch 2.3?

I will make a revamp of this guide for 2.3 soon.
Possible to do RF with this?
"
EvilWiffles wrote:

Not really. RF requires alot of investment in life regen and max fire resistance. Both of which are somewhat out of reach.

You could try it though.
"
EvilWiffles wrote:

Not really. RF requires alot of investment in life regen and max fire resistance. Both of which are somewhat out of reach.

You could try it though.
"
lDantonl wrote:
"
EvilWiffles wrote:

You could try it though.

K thanks. Just decided to do this build on my templar when I was able to respec.
It's a decent build, very tanky but DPS and clearspeed is very slow to other budget builds available.
Tier 7 maps themselves can take a bit of time and some rares take awhile to kill.

Spoiler

What about replacing Molton Strike with Lightning Strike? It's much faster, it gets a good buff from Mjolner and it's got a longer range than MS. Just a thought, don't think you need GMP with it either
Last edited by EvilWiffles on Jun 9, 2016, 3:25:32 AM
Gotta say, that this build is pretty great and can works incredibly well in 2.4

Managed to reach level 74 so far on my character by following this guide, and I can attest to the tankiness and even decent speed that it provides. Merciless Izaro can be just outright facetanked, even when he's on max charges with triple elemental boosts, and mid-level map bosses are really just a joke for this build.
The only real issue it has is the lack of single target damage in comparison to other builds. This isn't really an issue at my current level of content as I can just facetank all day long, but it will likely prove to be a hindrance in later levels and Uber Lab.

Also, I have to recommend the use of Shield Charge as a general movement/clear skill, as it's plenty fast with all the IAS we get on tree, provides plenty of Mjolner procs when hitting packs and is just a lot of fun to use in general. Using this to clear out white/magic packs and run around the map is massive boost to overall fun and clearspeed. However, make sure to keep a leap strike handy as well during Lab runs, as the ability to jump over traps and across gaps is invaluable there.
Seems promising. Trying it out with a new char, lvl 67 and having fun. I don't even have cruel and merciless ascendancies yet.

I appreciate MoM-EB-GR combo. Have 3.5k Life and 2k ES with a 2ex-budget atm.

I made small changes on gem setup, that I replaced fortify with LGOH on my 5L, and linked fortify with Shield Charge - Leap Slam - Faster Attacks.

The build is fun so far. I wonder how far I can go though, time will tell.
IGN: Nyctasa > Essence league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info