[3.4] The Mistress of Agony - Lowlife BlightDrain Ascendant / Occultist - ALL content viable!

"
Here's to hoping shav's would be cheaper next league as everyone would be going life. But yeah, looking forward to the changes! I intend to make this as my secondary character in 3.0 league actually. A purple themed scion.

A lifebased version is still possible, with the same ED setup.

Cherrubim's Maleficence is a good option for a non-poison lifebased ED build, the only problem might be getting the right colours on it.
In an upcoming Beta build, Essence Drain damage will be buffed by about 25%, but Decay support damage will be nerfed by about 50%.

This means that the Decay Support will have a damage value which is similar to the Decay mod from Essence of Delirium, with this one ending being better because it doesn't take a support gem slot.
My problem is that cospri`s will not working, I mean not cast ccurses and I don`t know why, can you help me?
A pity that art is a million times better than the ascendant portrait.....
"
micibiiir89 wrote:
My problem is that cospri`s will not working, I mean not cast ccurses and I don`t know why, can you help me?

Curses in this build are applied via Blasphemy support.

Cospri's Will authomatically applies poison on cursed targets.
Last edited by djnat on Jul 28, 2017, 6:24:41 PM
The build is in the process of being updated for 3.0.

The "old" (CWC lowlife and cospri's lifebased "poison") versions will be moved to the "history" new section of the main post, because the interaction between ED and poison is plain dead in Fall of Oriath.

The new "main" version of this character will be low life and won't be CWC based anymore.

I'll wait for the full picture and the final 3.0 passive tree / patch notes to publish the build updates; in the meanwhile, if you want to have an idea of the changes, you can check my pastebin PoB link of the "new" Oriath ED Ascendant with an endgame mirrorworthy gear. You can play with the numbers if you want to adjust your character for a budget version, but that's the base to start with.

Cheers!
Last edited by djnat on Jul 28, 2017, 6:47:29 AM
Build updated and ready for 3.0!

Enjoy. :)

EDIT: fixed a mistake of mine in the passive tree section links, they were accidentally bringing to an older version of the build, now they are the correct ones.
Last edited by djnat on Aug 3, 2017, 12:00:21 PM
"
djnat wrote:
Build updated and ready for 3.0!

Enjoy. :)

EDIT: fixed a mistake of mine in the passive tree section links, they were accidentally bringing to an older version of the build, now they are the correct ones.

Thanks so much djnat, have followed your ED guides for all my toons!

I'm more focused on HC and was wondering with the changes to CI if your Shadow build will be updated (unless things have chnaged, I believe Shadow Trickster was the perfered for Hardcore)?

I also know there is no one on God's green earth I'll ever be able to get a Shav's haha
Hey, glad to see you here again!

I found your PM in my inbox, but I answer to you here.

My Trickster build will never be updated again. Trickster is so blatantly inferior to Ascendant and Occultist to play ED in Fall of Oriath that I have no plans about playing it at the moment.

And I find CI worse than LowLife. You don't gain ES by going CI anymore, and you are trading the 30% MORE damage (which translates to MORE regen via zealot's oath) for the chaos damage immunity. I think it's not worth at all, considering that with a typical lowlife gear and the passives in place, you already have +20% chaos resistance minimum (+60% from Presence of Chayula and +20% from the passive tree) which I found to be more than enough to face all content.

My current (already updated for Oriath) standard gear for the lowlife ED with my new build is this one:

I did some testing (Faster casting in the ED setup will be replaced by Efficacy tonight, and Vaal Discipline will be replaced by Arcane Surge) and it's pretty amazing. Gameplay is smooth and satisfying.

With this gear I have 12600 ES, and it's far from being mirror worthy. After ES changes 8.5-9k should be obtainable quite comfortably once all the ES nodes / jewels are in place, 10k should be pretty expensive and 11k would be the mirror-like gear final value.
Last edited by djnat on Aug 4, 2017, 7:06:02 AM
"
djnat wrote:
Hey, glad to see you here again!

I found your PM in my inbox, but I answer to you here.

My Trickster build will never be updated again. Trickster is so blatantly inferior to Ascendant and Occultist to play ED in Fall of Oriath that I have no plans about playing it at the moment.

And I find CI worse than LowLife. You don't gain ES by going CI anymore, and you are trading the 30% MORE damage (which translates to MORE regen via zealot's oath) for the chaos damage immunity. I think it's not worth at all, considering that with a typical lowlife gear and the passives in place, you already have +20% chaos resistance minimum (+60% from Presence of Chayula and +20% from the passive tree) which I found to be more than enough to face all content.

My current (already updated for Oriath) standard gear for the lowlife ED with my new build is this one:

I did some testing (Faster casting in the ED setup will be replaced by Efficacy tonight, and Vaal Discipline will be replaced by Arcane Surge) and it's pretty amazing. Gameplay is smooth and satisfying.

With this gear I have 12600 ES, and it's far from being mirror worthy. After ES changes 8.5-9k should be obtainable quite comfortably once all the ES nodes / jewels are in place, 10k should be pretty expensive and 11k would be the mirror-like gear final value.

Thanks so much for the prompt and in-depth reply - can always rely on you for that!

Noted about the CI changes and Trickster being *squished* - guess Scion is the way to go! As you don't mention Hardcore/HC in the OP I was wondering if theres anything you would do for the new HC League if you were playing on it?

With regards to never seeing a Shav's (or alot of 'top tier' gear being a new league/starter)- what options do we have? Cheap Shav's? Or should we look at FULL Life and ignore and respec if the God's shine down on me?

Cheers!
Last edited by Deathlythoughts on Aug 4, 2017, 7:43:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info