[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

"
Disturbiå wrote:
I rolled a Scion half way thru this past league and was pretty impressed with the class in this build. As a new player I was wondering how the other 3 classes play compared to scion as I would like to try one of them for this next league.

Scion is the fastest map clearer but the weakest boss killer, she does the least DPS of the 4. Berserker has amazing leech, high tooltip damage and is pretty fast at clearing too, but he is not completely immune to stun and takes more raw damage, so you have to be more careful when playing that class. Inquisitor has a nice free aura and is a total beast against bosses, but he's the slowest map clearer of the 4 and doesn't like ele reflect. Elementalist is neither the fastest nor the toughest, but very high DPS and she is almost immune to reflect and has no weaknesses, good at everything.

I usually recommend starting with the Elementalist, the jack of all trades. But it's fun to try different classes, they all have cool perks.
Build updated for 2.6:
- added Avatar of Fire
- replaced EF with CtF
- replaced Pyre with Perandus Signet

Trees will be updated after the patch if they stop working.

On my test character with mediocre-decent gear, this resulted in trading 300 tooltip damage for 300 ES. With better gear you will be trading less damage for more ES.
@Kelvynn TY very much for your efforts! Could you please update Skill Trees in leveling guid also? Thank you!
Please update unique items, Doedre's Scorn is far superior than Blacksun.

At least in the mid to early late game.
"

I don't know your definition of 'mid to early late game', but 15% increased Int is much better than 30 Int and 80% increased damage in the endgame. This is an endgame build, we breeze past everything below lv 90 and tier 15 in a matter of days with pretty much any gear.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"

I don't know your definition of 'mid to early late game', but 15% increased Int is much better than 30 Int and 80% increased damage in the endgame. This is an endgame build, we breeze past everything below lv 90 and tier 15 in a matter of days with pretty much any gear.

I'd classify endgame based on map colors.

White being early
Yellow being Mid, maybe even two more tiers up.

I am only around 1400 int at level 86, trying to fit in the new wise oak flask into the build.
So I'd consider my character to be in the midgame seeing as how I can complete yellow tier with ease.

ES + Discipline
Doedre = 8994 (1413 int)
Black Sun = 8391 (1523 int)

It does drop my DPS by roughly 200, but I'm confident Doedre's curse passive makes up for that, maybe even more so.

I hope you don't think I'm counting Black Sun out, it will absolutely do better overall over Doedre.
The process for my gear buying always follows my 3 mental steps.
1. Gear that will get you to endgame
2. Gear that will get you through endgame
3. Gear that has the best stats possible for late endgame

Doedre's can be used at 39, easily gets 200 ES, has flat mid-rolled int, elemental damage to give us a great boost early, and a curse passives that scales as we level the more curses we get. At the low price of only 1 alc (cost a couple chaos on day 1).

The downside are the chromatics, but since it only requires 83 int, it's the easiest piece to roll 3R1B or the 2R1G1B (orb or Vaal trap) using Vorici 1R rolls which also helps starting characters.

I really hope you consider putting this item in your recommended unique's guide, alongside the rings and amulet, Doedre's Scorn is a piece you can use early, and keep it for the entirety of the game without feeling like you are losing damage or defense.

On another subject I'm excited to try out the new Wise Oak flask, though I may have to settle with high fire resist for the 20% penetration, while keeping cold/lightning at a lower but even number giving us 10% reduced damage for them. Should go hand in hand with a Basalt Flask.

Have you considered or tested Pathfinder?
Your are right about Doedre's Scorn being good for leveling. Actually, it being lv 39 makes it perfect - works well with Icetomb. When to replace it with Black Sun depends on your gear.

The Wise Oak is awesome. I'm currently trying to incorporate it as well.

I have not tested Pathfinder. It has absolutely nothing for this build. I don't think flasks can compensate for the loss of all elemental damage features of the other classes. Most endgame fights are too long to rely on flasks anyway.
Well seeing the stats at 1400, I think around 1600int (with Doedre) is where Black Sun might overtake Doedre's, but of course it would need to be tested to prove so.

I just started using the Wise Oak with low cold/light, high fire. Works very nice and I feel like I may not need to even out all 3. Even just having fire resist high, you see an immediate difference on bosses.

Instead of taking a couple seconds to see Scorching Ray effect take hold. The flask makes it immediate, by the time the flask is down your Ray takes full effect. It fills that damage gap nicely, and the defensive properties speak for themselves.
Try to make cold your lowest resist (something like 75 cold, a little more lightning, and fire the top one is a good idea anyway because of EW maps). Taking 10% reduced damage from Hydra and the Shaper would be very nice.
From what I understand if there are = values they will stack up.

So if you could somehow manage your gear to give 135 to all 3, you'd get pierce/reduction for all 3.

I'm not 100% on this but if the wording fits..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info