[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

"
ShadicPT wrote:
Having tons of fun with this build but the elemental reflect maps worry me. currently i'm lvl49 with my scion so I'm still far from doing that kind of thing but I'd like to get myself prepared as soon as possible. I have a lvl63 witch with no skill points spent. I was wondering if maybe I should stop using my scion and transfer all items to my witch and keep going from there. Is the scion very weak on those maps?

The Scion is fine in ele reflect maps, especially after taking the Elementalist Ascendancy. Can't completely ignore reflect like the Witch, but simply wear

in the left ring slot instead of Doedre's Damning for those maps and you'll be fine.

However, if you have a higher level Witch available and reflect scares you - the choice is pretty obvious. :)
Last edited by Kelvynn on Feb 21, 2017, 12:59:38 PM
GGG just announced that Pyre will be nerfed in 2.6. Which means we are going back to the old fire conversion scheme: AoF + CtF + Perandus Signet. It will result in slightly lower DPS and slightly higher ES. Nothing major.

Also, the 12% block mod on the staff is getting buffed to 18%. Nice.

Stay tuned for more announcements from GGG.
In the leveling guide, you list that Clarity should be taken as quest reward for killing Brutus. However, Scion gets no clarity for it. Not as reward, and not from Nessa.
"
Teura wrote:
In the leveling guide, you list that Clarity should be taken as quest reward for killing Brutus. However, Scion gets no clarity for it. Not as reward, and not from Nessa.

Good catch. I must have copied that from the Witch version without checking. Indeed, Scion doesn't get Clarity at all (WTF GGG?!) and has to buy it or just level to 39 without it. Fixing the guide.
Now that we're at it, you don't get Warlord's mark either as Scion, so it has to be bought from players as well.
Last edited by Teura on Feb 25, 2017, 7:26:36 AM
I was lucky enough to get "Attack with Word of Ire on hit" enchantment on my gloves and i noticed that it procs every 10 seconds (cooldown) and has higher crit rate than orb of storms.

And it hits very frequently so my elemental overload buff is on about 70% of the time and i dont have to cast anything for it to proc. I thinks it may be better than a clone or +dmg from fingerless, at least on easy maps.

Just my two cents.

"
KiwiPtak wrote:
I was lucky enough to get "Attack with Word of Ire on hit" enchantment on my gloves and i noticed that it procs every 10 seconds (cooldown) and has higher crit rate than orb of storms.

And it hits very frequently so my elemental overload buff is on about 70% of the time and i dont have to cast anything for it to proc. I thinks it may be better than a clone or +dmg from fingerless, at least on easy maps.

Just my two cents.

Interesting! Orb is still important for the boss setups with Purity, but this skill looks like a good QoL improvement for mapping. I'll try it when I have time. If it actually triggers EO a lot then I'll add it to the list.

Thanks for letting me know.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Feb 27, 2017, 10:42:14 PM
Welp, bye Pyre

Pyre: Cold Damage converted to Fire Damage mod reduced to 40%.
Last edited by Tankus on Mar 1, 2017, 4:06:01 AM
Yep. So much for the option to keep Pyre and just buy AoF (it will just lose 10% damage now because AoF disables cold damage).

Switching back to the old model: AoF + CtF + good ring (Perandus Signet or a really good Opal).
I rolled a Scion half way thru this past league and was pretty impressed with the class in this build. As a new player I was wondering how the other 3 classes play compared to scion as I would like to try one of them for this next league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info