[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

Hi kelvynn.

First of all i want to thank you for this build which allowed me to torch almost every content of the league so far.

I've reach lvl 94 in a reasonnable amounts of deaths (actually when i play more than 1h30 in à row at the end of the day, i become distracted and get killed like à moron).

I'm playing as a scion. I still have some interrogations though. I tried and had a really hard time doing the guardians (especially Hydra) and i don't really get why. I will try but i'm pretty sure to be teared opened in two against the shaper as it took me way too long to kill the guardians. I died twice on minotaur(yellow map), none on chimera and Phoenix but 5 on the second try of Hydra (had to run it blue). I can't even imagine doing them corrupted.

I have pretty decent chest with 879 Es, all turmoils are in the 24/25, i've got 1511 Intel and still a last fertile mind to place at the far right end of the tree, beneath ghost reaper. But you seem to do a ton more damages than i do. I ran with à full setup of sulfur flasks.

Can you have a look and point me what i could improve if still possible or is it something i don't get?

My profile is https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ashandaar/characters character name is Devenyla.

Thank you again for this setup, i have lot of fun playing this build!
1511 Int at lv 94 on the Scion is very low. Let's see...

Your chest has ZERO Int! Yeah, that's why your Int sucks. It's a great chest for some other CI build, just not good at all for this one.

Boots with tons of ES but only 36 Int, 25% ms and crappy resists... That's not really good for this build either. You need a pair with at least 43 Int (can Divine that to 48-50) even if it has 150 ES and good resists that's still better than yours with 254 ES. That high ES is good, but at least Divine it to 40-42 Int. Lack of resists will still hurt though.

Basically, you got high ES gear but this build needs high Int first, ES second.

Divine your gloves. 43 Int is the lowest possible roll for this mod. 105% ES is almost the lowest too, it can be up to 120%. These gloves can have 48-50 Int and 115-120% ES easily with a few Divines.

The jewel socket near AoF is not a part of this build, it's not worth taking. Refund it and take the socket near Ghost Reaver. You'll have 1 skill point left. Refund one of the +point nodes in the Ascendancy and take the 20 Int 20 Dex node instead.

Your Enlighten is lv 2. You are probably running out of mana often. That's OK up to T15 but bad for T16, don't try the Shaper until it's lv 3.

Your staff has CD instead of CE. For the top bosses you want CE.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 3, 2016, 4:33:54 PM
never mind already answered in your original post
Last edited by gm08872 on Nov 3, 2016, 3:02:42 PM
Hi Kelvynn,

Thank you for your answer and advices. I guess it'll be hard to change my chest as there's nothing with intelligence that can fit my setup on poe trade and i doubt i'll have a lucky craft as the one i got. But i'll try.

Cd is my staff only when farming maps. If you look at my secondary shield, ce is in there and i swap for bosses 😉

I'm not really sure of the effect of a divine on a rare item though. Will it roll the value of the actual level of enchant on each line or on one line in all affixes. Additionally, can it change the level of enchant of à line?

Basically for my gloves, i've got the minimal value of the enchant lvl 74 and the ES is at the minimum value for enchant lvl 64. Cold and fire resists could only vary from 2 pts below or 2 pts up my actual values. So if divine orb rolls the values without modifying enchant level, it could worth it like you said. But i prefer being sure first as i never tried a divine on a rare.

For the boots as intel is @36, it means i have enchant level 55. It can only go to 37. Movement speed cannot be reroll higher than 25. So i guess i have to either buy new ones on poe trade with cold and lightning to maintain 75% everywhere (i'm at 75 light, 88 cold and 92 fire) and 30% movement speed or to craft new ones, which will prove really painful to do assuming all i need to have inside...

For the tree, Maybe i referred myself to an Old version of your tree wherein you took the jewel socket near AoF. I used this one : https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAHnBAcJ2Q5IEFgRLRFQEZYV1xhqGmwc3B0UHU8fAh8YIFkh0ClPKjgsnCy_LR8tqDW5NsU26DwFPV8_J0VHRmlGcUcGSshMs1F0UftSU1ZIVmNYB1gXWK9ZbV3yXypfal-YX7BmVGwIbRluqm87b552EXgNeC97bnvDfOV_xoKbguSDCYP3hMWFe4auh2WKr47pjxqPRo_6kBGTJ5UglyGX9Juhm7Wdrp_LoS-io6aZpwinK6cwqW6vja-bsVuxkLQMtQS18rfWvoC-ir68wBrAZsF8wcXB88M6ykbKSsrTzRbPMtAf0NDVptgk21nb5-Kt5CLr5Ovu7BjsOO987-vxig==

It's your tree @ level 96. My plan was to add another fertile mind in the shadow zone to increase my Intel by 100 to mitigate the fact i've no Intel in my chest, that's why i maintained the slot near AoF. So i think if i reroll the gloves to something near 50 icould reach sthing like 1630 Intel. A bit low i must admit but as i said, buying à chest with 700+ es and Intel is unaffortable this league...

Again thank you for the time you pzss support your build and good continuation to you mate!
Last edited by Ashandaar on Nov 4, 2016, 7:02:20 AM
deleted
Last edited by Billydanomad on Nov 4, 2016, 5:28:23 AM
"
Ashandaar wrote:
I'm not really sure of the effect of a divine on a rare item though. Will it roll the value of the actual level of enchant on each line or on one line in all affixes. Additionally, can it change the level of enchant of à line?

See http://poeaffix.net/ for the list of all possible affixes. Obtaining affixes is limited by the item level, but once you have the affix you can reroll its value with Divine orb. Divine will randomize the values of all affixes within their tier. It won't change the tier. Your gloves have 43 Int, that's the tier 2 affix (43-50 Int). Divining your gloves will change that affix to a random value between 43 and 50 Int, in your case it can only become better. The only complication is that other affixes get their values randomized too. But your %ES affix (101-120% ES) is also almost the lowest roll (105) and will almost certainly get better. Your gloves are begging for a Divine orb. :)

Movement speed affix has a fixed value in each tier (except the Tora crafted ones) and won't be affected by Divine at all.

"
For the tree, Maybe i referred myself to an Old version of your tree wherein you took the jewel socket near AoF. I used this one :

It's your tree @ level 96. My plan was to add another fertile mind in the shadow zone to increase my Intel by 100 to mitigate the fact i've no Intel in my chest, that's why i maintained the slot near AoF.

Where'd you find that tree? I don't think I've ever recommended that or used it myself except for when I tried different jewels to compare them, long time ago. Anyway, that's not a socket worth using, go with what I recommended above.

The Shadow area socket (below GR) is not Fertile Mind, it should be Izaro's or a good rare and path to it from GR, not via the Dex nodes. It's much better Int that way. The next and final target socket will be the one SE from the start, towards the Ranger area, Fertile Mind to convert all those Dex nodes. That's what I'm currently using at lv 99.

"
buying à chest with 700+ es and Intel is unaffortable this league...

Huh? Are you searching right? Don't look at the 6L ones, we don't need 6L!
Here, 750+ ES, 50+ Int: http://poe.trade/search/oaginogehohauk
If none of the sellers within the 3-4 ex range are online, wait for them to log or look for slightly lower ES. But you can always find an inexpensive 700+ ES high Int chest.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 4, 2016, 12:59:59 PM
This build can not do Minotaur deathless. Maybe with perfect gear, non-rare maps. It's not bad for most content though. I'm done with it now.
Last edited by Billydanomad on Nov 4, 2016, 7:38:42 PM
How do you kill Izaro with this build in Merciless? I've got to him 3 times now and am struggling pretty hard.

Current specs are 6,000 shield, level 75 with just under 1,200 int.

I'm not sure how my specs are so far behind yours. I've got 40 - 50 Int on each piece, all with just shield as a defense type and a 700 + shield chest.
"
Billydanomad wrote:
This build can not do Minotaur deathless. Maybe with perfect gear, non-rare maps. It's not bad for most content though. I'm done with it now.

This build can do Mino deathless easily, with mods and without 'perfect gear'. Minotaur is the easiest of the guardians. But if you try to range him he'll Ground Roll you. Facetank him.

Or you are one of the people who decided to skip Unwavering Stance. Mino can perma stun you without it.

"
Alzaraz wrote:
How do you kill Izaro with this build in Merciless? I've got to him 3 times now and am struggling pretty hard.

Current specs are 6,000 shield, level 75 with just under 1,200 int.

I'm not sure how my specs are so far behind yours. I've got 40 - 50 Int on each piece, all with just shield as a defense type and a 700 + shield chest.

If you want me to take a look why your stats are so low, make your character public in your profile.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 7, 2016, 1:10:38 AM
thanks op, this build is a blast

i had a really hard time when i transitioned to CI at lvl 33 because i simply didnt have adequate levelling gear. also, at that level, i had 4 mana flasks equipped because you just don't leech mana (fast) enough to consistently cast icestorm and/or deal enough damage with it.

spell echo and reduced mana gems fix that issue, but spell echo is lvl 38. so, if you want to have a really smooth transition, i would do it at 38.

also, kudos for using the templar tree aoe nodes, those fuckers are underrated and totally worth it.

this build is at least as much fun as my (khelsie-inspired) AFK cwdt witch.

cheers!

p.s. i love this build because it is goddamn smart. i couldn't have imagines a build that relies on astramentis. so, whoever came up with the concept - i tip me hat
Last edited by ab_ on Nov 7, 2016, 2:08:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info