[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Also, why would we use elemental focus in our Whispering Ice instead of controlled destruction? You get such a dps boost from shocks and elemental focus doesn't allow us to shock

What shocks? We don't deal lightning damage.

Besides, EF's suppression of status ailments doesn't seem to affect Icestorm, probably because it's not a gem linked to EF. Or maybe it just suppressed chill/freeze because Icestorm is a cold skill, and it's not aware of damage conversion. You can see in my videos that everything gets ignited by Icestorm.

we shock through the Elementalist passive node and elemental conflux. we are thus missing out on shock damage by using elemental focus

elementalist passive says we have a 5% chance to shock, ignite, and freeze no matter the damage type. this is regardless of damage type. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1683735

elemental conflux says that ALL damage from hits causes chill, shock, and ignite.
Last edited by Spokodude on Jun 14, 2016, 9:28:42 PM
Relatively new, this build looks really cool and I was recently given the ice storm staff. Do you have any examples of what a Templar tree would look like to have this playstyle? Leechy+Ice storm seems super cool. Also I don't know if there are any benefits to choosing Templar over Scion (don't want to make another witch atm). Are there any?
"
Spokodude wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Also, why would we use elemental focus in our Whispering Ice instead of controlled destruction? You get such a dps boost from shocks and elemental focus doesn't allow us to shock

What shocks? We don't deal lightning damage.

Besides, EF's suppression of status ailments doesn't seem to affect Icestorm, probably because it's not a gem linked to EF. Or maybe it just suppressed chill/freeze because Icestorm is a cold skill, and it's not aware of damage conversion. You can see in my videos that everything gets ignited by Icestorm.

we shock through the Elementalist passive node and elemental conflux. we are thus missing out on shock damage by using elemental focus

elementalist passive says we have a 5% chance to shock, ignite, and freeze no matter the damage type. this is regardless of damage type. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1683735

elemental conflux says that ALL damage from hits causes chill, shock, and ignite.

5% chance to shock is calculated per cast, not per hit, same as the crit chance. It's way too low to worry about it. Elemental Conflux we only get for 4-5 sec after killing a rare or unique enemy. The only place where it could have mattered is Atziri (since her clones counts as unique). But she is immune to shock.

"
Relatively new, this build looks really cool and I was recently given the ice storm staff. Do you have any examples of what a Templar tree would look like to have this playstyle? Leechy+Ice storm seems super cool. Also I don't know if there are any benefits to choosing Templar over Scion (don't want to make another witch atm). Are there any?

Templar tree would be identical to the Witch version (except for the 3 nodes at the start). But I don't see any reason to play a Templar with WI other than novelty. There is one obvious Ascendancy choice - Hierophant. But it won't give you anything quite as good as Scion Eleraider or Witch Elementalist.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 15, 2016, 2:11:19 AM
Hello , ive been trying out this build spend some currency on the stuff like the necklace and jewels.. to only find out im a piece of paper as soon as i switch to CI.. i get one shot by basicly any white mob that touches.. me i have less ES then i had life without life nodes... Wtf is going on.. Nor can i sustain the Mana on 4L lets stand on a 6L
Last edited by VolticSaurus on Jun 15, 2016, 3:21:37 AM
Just wanted to say this is one of the most clear and detailed guides I've seen, good job :) The build looks awesome too and can't wait to start playing it.
IGN: Heamer
"
Hello , ive been trying out this build spend some currency on the stuff like the necklace and jewels.. to only find out im a piece of paper as soon as i switch to CI.. i get one shot by basicly any white mob that touches.. me i have less ES then i had life without life nodes... Wtf is going on.. Nor can i sustain the Mana on 4L lets stand on a 6L

Check the Troubleshooting section and the leveling guide. Make sure you are wearing the right items, using the right gems, taking the right tree nodes. The guide for the Witch version has been updated recently with great detail because I've just leveled my Witch in Prophecy. It even has the gear that you should be wearing. Scion is very similar to that, plus minus a couple of levels when taking some nodes. I'm going to update the Scion guide too eventually.

"
laments wrote:
Just wanted to say this is one of the most clear and detailed guides I've seen, good job :) The build looks awesome too and can't wait to start playing it.

Thanks! :)
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 15, 2016, 11:21:24 AM
Ive read ur guide multiple times completely apart from the Curse gloves i have every lvling unique u recommended i have the stat necklace i got a 6 socket WI i followed ur Nodes up to the letter
"
Ive read ur guide multiple times completely apart from the Curse gloves i have every lvling unique u recommended i have the stat necklace i got a 6 socket WI i followed ur Nodes up to the letter

Then you need to provide more details. What level are you? What is your ES and Icestorm avg damage? What auras are you using? What gems in WI? Etc.
Hi, great guide, good job.
Sorry if u already answered this question: what do you think about slayer or hierophant ascendancy instead of raider?
New slayer looks pretty cool with culling and 100%(not sure if this works for spells) stun vs full-life monsters + little of leech and damage vs rare/unique enemy
Im not sure about hierophant bonus ES, but it should be alot of es (int will give us mana, mana give us extra es, extra es scale with int?)
"
talerz wrote:
Hi, great guide, good job.
Sorry if u already answered this question: what do you think about slayer or hierophant ascendancy instead of raider?
New slayer looks pretty cool with culling and 100%(not sure if this works for spells) stun vs full-life monsters + little of leech and damage vs rare/unique enemy
Im not sure about hierophant bonus ES, but it should be alot of es (int will give us mana, mana give us extra es, extra es scale with int?)

So I decided to test this.

With Raider Ascendancy I had:

9772 ES
1876 mana

With Hierophant I had:

10796 ES
2263 mana

Worth it? Up to you. I think I'll be going for the Slayer personally, as I spend way more time killing bosses than solo clearing maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info