[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

Hi!
Nice build, i use them and have much happines, no one 6l) Thank You very much for Your diligence!
Last edited by cMeTaHKoUA on Jun 19, 2016, 8:53:34 AM
I'm having a lot of trouble transitioning past 33 (I am stuck at 33):

I have a 6S Whispering Ice - with just Faster Casting, Elemental Focus, and Life Leech supports, Icestorm costs 44 mana per cast but deals just an average of 179dps (for comparison, the 3L lightning tendrils setup of lightning tendils/faster/added lightning did 560dps at 33, and casts twice due to being socketed in reverb. rod)

I use an astramentis
Disc at level 4 - have 460 es without disc, 697 es with disc
disc + bm + warlords reserves 70% of my 506 mana, leaving only 151 mana to cast (barely 4 times)

If I fully supported WI (Faster/Controlled Destruction/Ele focus/lifeleech/Cold pen/hypothermia), the mana cost rockets up to 96 (I can only cast it once!) and still only does 231.6 dps, not even half of what tendrils did!

My tree is identical to yours at 33, and this is my gear:
Spoiler

I haven't bought any es gear specifically for 33 yet - most of the body armors are expensive, have no vendors online, and max out around 120-130 es.

I get 3-4 shot by white mobs, and spamming icestorm on the mobs around me barely leech anything (4% of 231 is 9 life, 4 mana)

How did everyone else get past this hurdle?
Last edited by accoleon on Jun 19, 2016, 5:57:54 PM
I am level 47 and CWDT Enfeeble is not doing anything. CWDT is lvl 1 and Enfeeble lvl 7. So it's meeting the level requirements. What is wrong here?
"
USBastard wrote:
"
talerz wrote:
Hi, great guide, good job.
Sorry if u already answered this question: what do you think about slayer or hierophant ascendancy instead of raider?
New slayer looks pretty cool with culling and 100%(not sure if this works for spells) stun vs full-life monsters + little of leech and damage vs rare/unique enemy
Im not sure about hierophant bonus ES, but it should be alot of es (int will give us mana, mana give us extra es, extra es scale with int?)

So I decided to test this.

With Raider Ascendancy I had:

9772 ES
1876 mana

With Hierophant I had:

10796 ES
2263 mana

Worth it? Up to you. I think I'll be going for the Slayer personally, as I spend way more time killing bosses than solo clearing maps.

That's really strange. What kinda bosses take you longer than clearing the map? I can only think of Malachai and Uber Atziri. I don't think Slayer is a big help anyway. It's 30% Increased damage, not MORE. If you take that, write down your Icestorm damage before and after taking it and look how little it adds. Culling Strike is very minor as well.

Hierophant gives you about 1k ES depending on your gear. There is exactly 1 place where it matters: Uber Atziri. If you do Uber often then Hierophant makes sense. Otherwise Raider is the best option IMO.
"
cMeTaHKoUA wrote:
Hi!
Nice build, i use them and have much happines, no one 6l) Thank You very much for Your diligence!

If you happen to have a 6L chest, you can put Orb of Storms in the 6th socket there and then both the Orb and the CDWT Ball will curse what they hit, which is very nice.

Or you can put Enhance there and have much better curses.

"
DrazyHaze wrote:
I am level 47 and CWDT Enfeeble is not doing anything. CWDT is lvl 1 and Enfeeble lvl 7. So it's meeting the level requirements. What is wrong here?

Enfeeble lv 7 is a lv 42 gem. You need to level CWDT up if you use it with IC. Or use lv 5 Enfeeble with CWDT lv 1.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 19, 2016, 10:58:17 PM
"
accoleon wrote:
I'm having a lot of trouble transitioning past 33 (I am stuck at 33):

I have a 6S Whispering Ice - with just Faster Casting, Elemental Focus, and Life Leech supports, Icestorm costs 44 mana per cast but deals just an average of 179dps (for comparison, the 3L lightning tendrils setup of lightning tendils/faster/added lightning did 560dps at 33, and casts twice due to being socketed in reverb. rod)

I use an astramentis
Disc at level 4 - have 460 es without disc, 697 es with disc
disc + bm + warlords reserves 70% of my 506 mana, leaving only 151 mana to cast (barely 4 times)

If I fully supported WI (Faster/Controlled Destruction/Ele focus/lifeleech/Cold pen/hypothermia), the mana cost rockets up to 96 (I can only cast it once!) and still only does 231.6 dps, not even half of what tendrils did!

My tree is identical to yours at 33, and this is my gear:
Spoiler

I haven't bought any es gear specifically for 33 yet - most of the body armors are expensive, have no vendors online, and max out around 120-130 es.

I get 3-4 shot by white mobs, and spamming icestorm on the mobs around me barely leech anything (4% of 231 is 9 life, 4 mana)

How did everyone else get past this hurdle?

Your main problem is the lack of Int on gear. When you switch to Icestorm, you need to switch to Int+ES gear. It's not expensive at all, you don't need the top rolls. Take a look at the Leveling section of the Witch version of this build. I've leveled my Witch in the Prophecy league and recorded her gear and stats.

The damage of Icestorm is directly dependent on your Int. And the leech amount is a percentage of the damage. And Int also adds mana. And ES. All your problems will go away when you get items with Int similar to what my Witch had.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 19, 2016, 11:03:18 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
That's really strange. What kinda bosses take you longer than clearing the map? I can only think of Malachai and Uber Atziri. I don't think Slayer is a big help anyway. It's 30% Increased damage, not MORE. If you take that, write down your Icestorm damage before and after taking it and look how little it adds. Culling Strike is very minor as well.

Hierophant gives you about 1k ES depending on your gear. There is exactly 1 place where it matters: Uber Atziri. If you do Uber often then Hierophant makes sense. Otherwise Raider is the best option IMO.

_solo_ clearing maps. I always map with friends, and you only have a chance of getting frenzy charges when you deal the killing blow. So I almost never get more than a couple of charges at a time. This makes raider useless in that situation.

I spend most of my time doing uber lab though, where the culling strike is amazing. I always let Izaro get buffed fully, which means he can 1-shot me on some days. Removing 33% of the final Izaro fight with culling strike, is extremely helpful. Much more so than 4% dodge.

If I want to farm mid tier maps for some reason, I'll jump on a character that's much faster at that, than a whispering ice character.
"
USBastard wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

_solo_ clearing maps. I always map with friends, and you only have a chance of getting frenzy charges when you deal the killing blow. So I almost never get more than a couple of charges at a time. This makes raider useless in that situation.

I spend most of my time doing uber lab though, where the culling strike is amazing. I always let Izaro get buffed fully, which means he can 1-shot me on some days. Removing 33% of the final Izaro fight with culling strike, is extremely helpful. Much more so than 4% dodge.

If I want to farm mid tier maps for some reason, I'll jump on a character that's much faster at that, than a whispering ice character.

Makes sense. Yes, for that play style Slayer is a good choice.
Hi, first off: I love this build.
The only problem I have is getting good gear. I can for the life of me not get a high ES chest with high int and one high res. It's just not possible, there are no chests like that on poe.trade and if there are any, they cost 10ex+. The same goes with boots and gloves. Try getting 30MS boots with tri res and high int. Forget it. How do I get good gear? Like,seriously. I want to start farming uber lab. My char is lvl 72 I think and I just can't get good gear. It's a nightmare. Any tips?
"
Yolomir420 wrote:
Hi, first off: I love this build.
The only problem I have is getting good gear. I can for the life of me not get a high ES chest with high int and one high res. It's just not possible, there are no chests like that on poe.trade and if there are any, they cost 10ex+. The same goes with boots and gloves. Try getting 30MS boots with tri res and high int. Forget it. How do I get good gear? Like,seriously. I want to start farming uber lab. My char is lvl 72 I think and I just can't get good gear. It's a nightmare. Any tips?

You don't need crazy high ES on items at first. A chest with 600 ES, gloves and boots with 125-150 ES is more than enough for a long time. If you want it even cheaper, you can use an ES helm with resist(s) and int instead of Black Sun helmet. I used items like these for the longest time, and could easily do uber lab hardmode.

The Black Sun Helmet gives you decent dps, true, but a rare ES helm with 250 ES, resists and int, will give you more overall ES and make gearing much cheaper and easier, as you'll need less resists on the other pieces.

If you're looking at chests that cost 10ex, you're waaaay too ambitious with your early gearing. I didn't replace my 6xx ES chest until last night, after I'd done all content (except for uber Atziri), and farmed hardmode Uber lab on the hardest of days.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info