[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

Thank you for you reply, I was leveling slowly while waiting for my friend,who is new to the game, to get catch up with me. So I am level 52 right now, with almost 1000 tooltip dps on ice storm,
I AM INVINCIBLE!!!! HAHAHA, well, at least in cruel
Thank you for making this guide, this is a lot of fun.
the three rare items seem to cost a lot to me. I am poor :(
BTW, I got the staff 6s on lv33, and yeah, a reduced mana gem needs to be put there. There is no way a low level character can afford >100 mana cost skills.
"
zyyskkk wrote:
BTW, I got the staff 6s on lv33, and yeah, a reduced mana gem needs to be put there. There is no way a low level character can afford >100 mana cost skills.

It doesn't matter what level you are. You can afford Icestorm as long as you are leeching and have mana for 1-2 casts of Icestorm. If you are running out of mana then you are not using WM+Blasphemy aura or perhaps trying to use AA too early and don't have enough unreserved mana. Or maybe playing it too safe and casting Icestorm too much when all mobs are already dead? Make sure you have enough mana regen (double-mod Paua amulet from Nessa, Rallying Cry). Once you get a Perandus Signet that problem goes away completely.
Last edited by Kelvynn on May 16, 2016, 5:44:36 PM
Hi!

I want to continue with my perandus RT Cyclone char in standard. But if I am playing Prophecy this build looks interesting.

This build seems to be very powerful. Why isn’t there a big hype about it and everyone crying for a nerf? ;)

With 2 additional Ascendancy Points we sadly can’t reach a new Ascendancy class. Would you take Path of the Witch, +20Str/Int and +20Dex/Int or +20Dex/Int and a passive point.
"
Slowdice2 wrote:
Hi!

I want to continue with my perandus RT Cyclone char in standard. But if I am playing Prophecy this build looks interesting.

This build seems to be very powerful. Why isn’t there a big hype about it and everyone crying for a nerf? ;)

With 2 additional Ascendancy Points we sadly can’t reach a new Ascendancy class. Would you take Path of the Witch, +20Str/Int and +20Dex/Int or +20Dex/Int and a passive point.

People tend to go for flashy OP builds copying the popular streamers. But then you realize that you can't afford the same items (6L Voltaxic + 6L armor in less than 24 hr of the Perandus launch... yeah, that's totally gonna happen). Or that your skill level is not quite the same. And then you die a whole lot more often than those guys on Twitch.

This build is not super powerful in terms of raw power, but it's more reliable than any of those glass cannons that 1-shot Uber (or insta-rip the moment they fail to dodge something) and requires much less skill or budget. Not needing any 6L, not relying on flasks, being able to facetank almost anything, mapping comfortably with almost any mods - all that is great for a new league.

No expensive uniques either. WI and Astramentis usually aren't hard to get. Auxium, Black Sun, Doedres are cheap as dirt. Perandus signet is slightly more expensive, but I've played without one just fine in this league using a rare ring:

I'm going to do a final 2.2 update soon with new vids and polish other parts of the guide. So far it doesn't look like 2.3 is going to be a major change for this build. Scions get a short stick with the new 2 Asc point addition compared to the other classes. There is no point in taking Path of Witch or Marauder, so we just get 2 skill points or +40 Int, or a combo +20/point. I am leaning towards +40 Int (i.e. the two +20 hybrid stat nodes). If GGG added two 20 Int nodes to the tree, taking them would be a no-brainer for this build. I don't see anything better to spend 2 skill points on. Except maybe reach some goals 2 levels faster (such as US and Whispers of Doom) and respec into +40 Int later on.

My only concern is that GGG may nerf something we use. Some people have been very jealous of the Ascendant Berserker leech and actively calling for it to be nerfed. We'll see when we know more details about balance changes in 2.3.
If we take Elemental Equilibrium keystone, wouldn't Orb of Storms proc that for −50% fire res?
"
alivahit wrote:
If we take Elemental Equilibrium keystone, wouldn't Orb of Storms proc that for −50% fire res?

It would, until the first Icestorm hit, and then it would instantly get replaced by +25% fire res.
Oh, I see, I was still thinking like my old summoner build.
I have a question, above the witch start you grab the fire/cold damage and take 2 travel nodes for 20 int, is that better then grabbing the 8% elemental damage and either 10% fire or 10% cold damage? It's the same ammount of passives spent.
"
Kevink88 wrote:
I have a question, above the witch start you grab the fire/cold damage and take 2 travel nodes for 20 int, is that better then grabbing the 8% elemental damage and either 10% fire or 10% cold damage? It's the same ammount of passives spent.

As a general rule for this build, +10 Int is better than 9% inc damage. It gives about the same damage but adds ES on top of that. So, +20 Int is better than 18% inc damage.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Kevink88 wrote:

As a general rule for this build, +10 Int is better than 9% inc damage. It gives about the same damage but adds ES on top of that. So, +20 Int is better than 18% inc damage.

A thanks for the info, sweet build loving it so far, just can't go CI at the same lvl as you did since it's easy to get 1 shot then in HC ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info