[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

What I don't get is:

99% of the people that posted here is not using doedre's, which prevents the 3rd curse to happen. Still, most are using enfeeble/chains/WM

Doesn't makes sense. What am I missing? If you curse with WM, you can't CWDT and chain/feeble. Is the secondary perandus signet that much better? Cause the original build doesn't uses that much curses and has over 4k+ ES on pool

My main is a bladefall miner 3 curse occultist witch, and 3 curses are really powerfull. But here, the curses will only take effect if you're hit, not before.

I haven't found a good gloves and boots yet T_T

Guess I'll just start leveling and keep looking after poe lol
Also, prices on perandus are high for a good rolled ES chest with int/1res at least
"
zer0code wrote:
What I don't get is:

99% of the people that posted here is not using doedre's, which prevents the 3rd curse to happen. Still, most are using enfeeble/chains/WM

Doesn't makes sense. What am I missing? If you curse with WM, you can't CWDT and chain/feeble. Is the secondary perandus signet that much better? Cause the original build doesn't uses that much curses and has over 4k+ ES on pool

My main is a bladefall miner 3 curse occultist witch, and 3 curses are really powerfull. But here, the curses will only take effect if you're hit, not before.

Also, prices on perandus are high for a good rolled ES chest with int/1res at least

it's easy no item with +1 curse, no 3 x curse ( 1 normal, 1 from passive, 1 from deodre )
"
zer0code wrote:
The resistance gap is going to be hard to fill. I have some ilvl 78 boots and can find some gloves while mapping, should I just chaos it till i get something good or it's better to keep looking poe.trade?

Usually it's easier to find on poe.trade than to find or roll yourself. This build is not mainstream, there isn't a lot of demand for items with Int and no Life, so it shouldn't be very hard to find Int/res gloves/boots.

You can go with non-max resists (see the T15 MF video with EW, my resists there are in the 40's). You mostly need maxed Fire resist to deal with ele reflect.
"
Stone__Cold wrote:
What would you recommend for my 6L Armour? Also which setup do you recommend in relation to a 6L?

For the previous (dual-curse) version, 6L did nothing at all. But if you switch to tri-curse, add Enhance to the curse link. It's very good for the curses, especially Temp Chains. You will then need to move AA (green socket) somewhere else. If you are short on chroms, putting it into the 4L with Enlighten - Blas - WM will make it much easier to color (BBRG). You will then have slightly less ES and mana, but it's a minor thing. Discipline in that case goes to the blue socket replacing Minion Elem Res.

"
Stone__Cold wrote:
Also I'm wondering, if I switch the helmet, this would mean a lot of less ES for me right?

Replacing a high ES/Int rare helmet with Black Sun is almost a 1:1 straight trade of ES to DPS. But even with 2 curses most of that ES was never used. With 3 curses and Fortify ES is needed even less. I accidentally found out that Vaal (at least the T14 one) and can no longer 1-shot Smash me when it's Enfeebled and I'm Fortified. I'll try Palace Dom some time when I'm bored to see if his Touch of God is harmless now as well.

Your helmet is not even particularly good, it has no Int. You will lose much less ES and gain much more DPS than I did when I replaced my

and I'm doing just fine.

"
Vyvanne wrote:
"

Gloves/boots RGGB (use Vorici 1G): Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Orb of Storms.

Those links are RRGB, not RGGB!

Oops! Fixed. Use Vorici 1R.

Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 23, 2016, 1:59:26 PM
"
zer0code wrote:
What I don't get is:

The switch to tri-curse is very recent, Apr 16. Not a lot adapted to it yet.

The ideal item to get the extra curse is of course +1 Astramentis. But the chance of that outcome is 1/100. Which makes it prohibitively expensive. It's not needed to achieve the results here, same as Skyforth.

Another option is Windscream, but those boots are slow and make it even harder to balance resists, and you will not be able to take advantage of Black Sun Crest with it.

Sacrificing 1 Perandus for the 3rd curse is the best option IMO. Your DPS stays the same and you only trade 20-25% of your ES for that curse. It's totally worth it.

What happens if you use 3 curses while only able to land 2? It's not completely bad. CWDT applies Enfeeble and TC on anything that hits you. WM aura automatically overwrites 1 curse with itself. As a result, mobs outside of the WM aura are cursed with TC and Enfeeble, while those near you get WM + randomly TC or Enfeeble. The only problem with that is the boss fights. Tri-cursing is so much better than 2-cursing.

I guess it just takes time to adjust and realize how good it is. I expect to see more people switch to this setup with time.

The prices on high rolled ES chests are high in any league. But you don't need to go very high. This is what I use on my Perandus char:

I'm not going for Twin Core with that, but it's good enough for everything else. Twin Abyss for my ach, no trouble at all.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 23, 2016, 2:03:25 PM
Spoiler
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Stone__Cold wrote:
What would you recommend for my 6L Armour? Also which setup do you recommend in relation to a 6L?

For the previous (dual-curse) version, 6L did nothing at all. But if you switch to tri-curse, add Enhance to the curse link. It's very good for the curses, especially Temp Chains. You will then need to move AA (green socket) somewhere else. If you are short on chroms, putting it into the 4L with Enlighten - Blas - WM will make it much easier to color (BBRG). You will then have slightly less ES and mana, but it's a minor thing. Discipline in that case goes to the blue socket replacing Minion Elem Res.

"
Stone__Cold wrote:
Also I'm wondering, if I switch the helmet, this would mean a lot of less ES for me right?

Replacing a high ES/Int rare helmet with Black Sun is almost a 1:1 straight trade of ES to DPS. But even with 2 curses most of that ES was never used. With 3 curses and Fortify ES is needed even less. I accidentally found out that Vaal (at least the T14 one) and can no longer 1-shot Smash me when it's Enfeebled and I'm Fortified. I'll try Palace Dom some time when I'm bored to see if his Touch of God is harmless now as well.

Your helmet is not even particularly good, it has no Int. You will lose much less ES and gain much more DPS than I did when I replaced my

and I'm doing just fine.

"
Vyvanne wrote:
"

Gloves/boots RGGB (use Vorici 1G): Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Orb of Storms.

Those links are RRGB, not RGGB!

Oops! Fixed. Use Vorici 1R.

First of all, thx for your response. At the moment I'm still using this old setup, but as u said its easier to get the colors on Black Sun Crest if I use the setup in my 6 link chest instead.

Still Current Gear (had IR Gem just in there to lvl..):

Spoiler

Tree:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAADBAecEBwnZDkgQWBBiES0RLxFQEZYV1xhqGmwdFB1PHwIgWSlPKjgrCiycLL8tHy2oNbk2xTboPAU9Xz8nRUdGcUrITLNRdFJTVkhWY1gHWK9ZbV3yXypfal-YX7BmVG0ZbqpvO2-eeA14L3vDfOV_xoKbguSDCYP3hFOExYV7hq6HZYqvjHaO6Y9Gj_qQEZMnlSCX9Juhm7Wdrp48n8uhL6KjppmnCKcrpzCpbq-Nr5uxkLQMtQS18rfWvoC-ir68wBrAZsHFwfPDOspGykrK088y0B_Q0NWm2CTbWeKt5CLr5OwY7DjvfO_r7_0=?accountName=Stone__Cold&characterName=teXllStoneColdll

I know of course that the helmet Im using now is not perfect, it was just the best i could get for my available currency at the moment. The next days I will update my shop in the hope of getting more currency back. Currently I have about 8.7k ES, which is why I'm afraid of losing ES, but I guess the INT will also add a lot of ES back. I might divine the low roll of these two, also linked my doedres ring again:

Spoiler

Concerning corrupting Astramentis, I actually hv a few in my shop which I could try to corrupt, but as u said that doesn't seem to be worth it, as most probably the amu will get fked up :D

My opinion to this build is it's amazing, Whispering Ice as strong as never before, plus large ES Pool and I still hvnt maxed out my Resis (except for Fire) so yea this Build is amazing. Use the right flasks and you can do 95% of the maps. With which lvl do you think I should try uber? Had a hope drop yesterday :3

Spoiler
https://www.twitch.tv/ston3cold3
Alright, thats the best I could do for now, my ES went down from 8.7k to 6.3k though, but concerning running out of currency this is what I currently use, am still trying out plus gotta get the enchantments though..

Spoiler
Update 2:

Well, the Tri-Curse did not work out for me that well, and since I ran out of Currency I thought hey, as i got the 6l Chest why not use it differently. So, with your approval I would like to create a new thread based on your Whispering Ice Elezerker. Im currently Lvl 88 and need to level at least to 94 I guess, but I plan to use Voidbringer gloves which requires me to change one of the two Perandus Signet Rings. It will be a Firestorm Totem Whispering Ice Combo:

Spoiler

As soon as I got enough Int so I can still cast Ice Storm, I will swap the Gloves to one of those:

Spoiler

The leech of Ice Storm is so high, that it is already insane enough, as long as you keep casting it. I had no problems at Apex of Sacrifice with lvl 86, but only cuz I did not try it out earlier. Also a reason for that is the 8.7k ES. With Voidbringer Gloves my ES will go up to 11k ES. With that leech and this insane DPS, there is not much that can happen to me. Of course, the colors of my gear are not perfect yet and there is room for improvement anyway, but I have to say, if I somehow manage to max out my Resis with better gear, this build will be even more insane, due to the Firestorm Totem and Ice Storm Combination. Thx again. Here my Thread:

[2.2] Stone Cold's Whispering Ice and Fire Storm CI Ascendant Scion
Last edited by Stone__Cold on Apr 27, 2016, 3:06:06 AM
@Stone__Cold: Your gloves and boots are really bad, that's your main issue. You have too little ES for anything serious. Uber I would do at lv 90 after adding a jewel. But in your case you'll just get 1-shot by it the moment you fail to dodge something, and this build is not meant for dodging, it's meant for tanking and leeching, only dodging the biggest attacks that give you plenty of time to dodge them by design. Look for better boots and gloves.

Another big problem with your gear is the lack of Int. That means you lack both ES and DPS. Int should be the primary stat for all rare items you use with WI. You can go with moderate ES on gloves/boots/chest if you can get very high Int on them.

Voidbringers? That's not a good choice IMO. You may have enough mana for it in easy maps, but you will encounter problems pre-casting Icestorm at Atziri, i.e. you will lose the advantage of that tactic completely (and not just in all 3 of the Atziri encounters, but also everywhere else it's useful, like Core, Vaal Temple, Crematorium, etc.). And low-regen maps will become a problem too. Also, gloves are a major source of resists, and VB has none.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 27, 2016, 5:39:15 PM
Spoiler
"
Kelvynn wrote:
@Stone__Cold: Your gloves and boots are really bad, that's your main issue. You have too little ES for anything serious. Uber I would do at lv 90 after adding a jewel. But in your case you'll just get 1-shot by it the moment you fail to dodge something, and this build is not meant for dodging, it's meant for tanking and leeching, only dodging the biggest attacks that give you plenty of time to dodge them by design. Look for better boots and gloves.

Another big problem with your gear is the lack of Int. That means you lack both ES and DPS. Int should be the primary stat for all rare items you use with WI. You can go with moderate ES on gloves/boots/chest if you can get very high Int on them.

Voidbringers? That's not a good choice IMO. You may have enough mana for it in easy maps, but you will encounter problems pre-casting Icestorm at Atziri, i.e. you will lose the advantage of that tactic completely (and not just in all 3 of the Atziri encounters, but also everywhere else it's useful, like Core, Vaal Temple, Crematorium, etc.). And low-regen maps will become a problem too. Also, gloves are a major source of resists, and VB has none.

Of course, as I said, my Gear is not the best. I did Overgrown Ruin map as well as other Tier 9-12 Maps yesterday with Vulnerability mods and Beyond mods, with my Voidbringer Gloves with 9.1k ES atm without any problems. I´ve added some Mana and Resis to my gear and as soon as I reach a decent enough level like 94 I believe uber won't be a problem due to high leech.

Also I did not encounter any problems yet. Further Updates will be posted the coming weekend when I update the thread [2.2] Stone Cold's Whispering Ice and Fire Storm CI Ascendant Scion. I'll do my remaining two Sacrifice Sets later on plus other Tier 10-12 Maps. I did not die before and had less ES and less Resis than i have now, I'm 100% sure after reaching a decent level also Uber won´t be a problem at all. Especially not after I've improved my gear, but I really have to say this leech plus the huge ES boost from Voidbringer Gloves really works like a charm. I will also put on videos for the thread, as soon as I've tried out everything.

Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info