[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

"
aRTy42 wrote:
Roughly 8k ES. Only 2% Perandus Signets due to Perandus League, not Standard. Didn't play very high tier maps yet with this char, but a few tier 8/9 maps I did already were completely fine. Like I mentioned I just reached that point today, so getting a proper impression of high(er) tier maps and mod combinations is something for the next days.

You'll be fine with 8k ES up to tier 12-13 with no nasty mods and against normal Atziri. But don't expect to succeed against Uber, Core and T14-15 maps with heavy mods with less than 10k.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 6, 2016, 9:22:17 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:
Hey man, thanks a lot for the guide. Loving the build so far.

Currently at lvl 90, sitting at just over 12k es, and 1800 int.

Nice. That's better than my gear, and I'm 6 levels (2 major upgrades) higher than you.

"
Fritso wrote:
I was wondering if the 13k damage screenshot in your stats is with or without elemental overload active, since I'm nowhere near that number without it.

It's with just the Flame Golem. With EO active I'm pushing 19k avg hit. With RC and Sulphur flask on top of that (i.e. the Core Malachai/Uber Atziri situation) - something around 22-24k depending on how many adds get hit by RC.

I'll add a note ot the Stats section.

At lv 90 you are still to get 2 jewel sockets (Izaro's). That's quite a bit of DPS.

Hey, thanks for the info.

Have you thought about using Fortify somewhere in the setup? I mean we are wielding a staff, so Leap Slam - FA - Fortify is possible. Seems to me like the additional 20% damage reduction would be very nice.

Who will play in this build, I sell good chest for 3ex!!!!
"
Fritso wrote:
Have you thought about using Fortify somewhere in the setup? I mean we are wielding a staff, so Leap Slam - FA - Fortify is possible. Seems to me like the additional 20% damage reduction would be very nice.

That sounds like a fun idea to try! Leap Slam would have to replace Flame Dash, and it's much slower even with Faster Attacks. So you would lose some of the 'get out of trouble fast' ability. On the other hand, 20% reduced incoming hit damage... which would stack additively with Elementalist and multiplicatively with AA and Enfeeble... Sounds interesting.

But where to put it? That's a 3-link. Would have to think on that. Maybe in a combination with moving Flame Golem to CWDT...

And then there is this new Lightning Golem which may or may not be better than Flame. Let's see what GGG gives us.

"
burchits wrote:
Who will play in this build, I sell good chest for 3ex!!!!

Aww, that life regen ruins such a great potential! You can't craft another suffix on this item, i.e. no exta Int via +All Stats or another +resist mod. ES and Int are pretty good, but I'm not sure it's worth 3 ex in a temp league.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 7, 2016, 12:51:56 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

That sounds like a fun idea to try! Leap Slam would have to replace Flame Dash, and it's much slower even with Faster Attacks. So you would lose some of the 'get out of trouble fast' ability. On the other hand, 20% reduced incoming hit damage... which would stack additively with Elementalist and multiplicatively with AA and Enfeeble... Sounds interesting.

But where to put it? That's a 3-link. Would have to think on that. Maybe in a combination with moving Flame Golem to CWDT...

And then there is this new Lightning Golem which may or may not be better than Flame. Let's see what GGG gives us.

Yeah, I've been thinking about it too. Don't want to replace the panic button, and I already have the Flame golem linked to a CWDT.

Best thing I can come up with is swapping out the Rallying Cry - Increased duration for Leap Slam - Fortify. Matches the colors, so can easily be swappen for boss fights. On most boss fights the benefit of rallying cry is minor at best because of the small amounts of enemies. This doesn't leave room for the faster attacks gem, but I don't think that is mandatory. Just hop on the boss, and boom, 20% less damage. Also, the increased AOE gem linked to Orb of Storms in the same piece of gear, also benefits the radius of leap slam trigger.

Besides, it's not like the build is useless without the small damage boost from Rallying Cry. The 20% less damage is a massive boost to defense.

Other option would be to put it in a Brightbeak on weapon swap. But I hate swapping weapons.

What are your thoughts on this?
Last edited by Fritso on Apr 7, 2016, 3:08:20 PM
"
Fritso wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Yeah, I've been thinking about it too. Don't want to replace the panic button, and I already have the Flame golem linked to a CWDT.

Best thing I can come up with is swapping out the Rallying Cry - Increased duration for Leap Slam - Fortify. Matches the colors, so can easily be swappen for boss fights. On most boss fights the benefit of rallying cry is minor at best because of the small amounts of enemies. This doesn't leave room for the faster attacks gem, but I don't think that is mandatory. Just hop on the boss, and boom, 20% less damage. Also, the increased AOE gem linked to Orb of Storms in the same piece of gear, also benefits the radius of leap slam trigger.

Besides, it's not like the build is useless without the small damage boost from Rallying Cry. The 20% less damage is a massive boost to defense.

Other option would be to put it in a Brightbeak on weapon swap. But I hate swapping weapons.

What are your thoughts on this?

Swapping weapons sounds like a bad idea. Too much action and too much risk (fail to swap it back, fail to cast Icestorm, rip).

RC is useful not just for DPS, but also in Curse Immune maps where you can't leech mana. It's still a minor thing, so RC is expendable. But losing Inc Duration on Orb of Storms is kinda bad. Since OoS can't be triggered, having to recast it manually more often is a bit of a hassle.

Also, Fortify is not a straight 20% less damage thing for us. It's 20% reduced damage, and we already have two strong defenses: AA and Enfeeble.

Let's consider a boss (trash can't really hurt you anyway) that lands a physical hit on you. It's Enfeebled: deal 30% LESS damage, we have 20% increased curse effect, the boss has 60% reduced curse effect, i.e. it hits you for 30 * (1 + 0.20 - 0.60)) = 18% LESS damage, or 82% of its raw hit. This damage is then increased by 5% (Berserker), reduced by 20% (Fortify) and made 13% LESS by AA:
0.82 * (1 + 0.05 - 0.20) * (1 - 0.13) = 0.61, i.e. you get hit for 39% LESS damage

Without Fortify (remove the 0.20) you get hit for 0.75, or 25% LESS. So the actual effect of Fortity against a boss for this build is 14% LESS damage, or about the same as another AA.

Damn, this idea looks more and more attractive! I gotta try it. Just need to find a good way to place these gems.
Yeah, it's sounding pretty darn attactive!

Thing is I'm only using Rallying Cry for the damage boost, since I have more than enough mana/regen without it to sustain my Ice Storm casts.

Did a few tests, and you really need the faster attacks linked to leap slam for it to be usefull. It's just so darn slow without it. With FA it's actually quite nice.

Out of all the thing I'd consider ditching, the only 4L that comes to mind is the Rallying Cry \ Orb of Storms one. Recolering that to RRGB means that we could use the following setup:

Bosses: Leap Slam - FA - Fortify - Orb of Storms

General: Rallying Cry - Increased Duration - Orb of Storms - maybe Enhance or something for green socket.

If you manage to find another/better way to fit in Fortify, that would be awesome.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
A potential new upgrade: Lightning Golem.

I can't find the details yet, will see when it gets released. This could be useful for automatically triggering EO instead of popping Orb of Storms manually. However, replacing Flame Golem will lose us 50% increased damage. Increased (additive) modifier is not a really big deal: my avg damage with Flame Golem is 13500, and without the golem it's 12704. It's nice, but if the new golem triggers EO a lot, it should be worth using. And maybe it has some other DPS benefits too (like shocking enemies). The demo video shows that it can be supported with projectile and lightning gems such as GMP and Innervate. Interesting!

We'll see.
Are you sure a minion can proc Elemental Overload? Typically damage from proxies don't give the player the benefits of effects like charges, fortify, life/mana on kill or hit, etc. The trap/totem/minion is getting the crit, not you, so I'm not sure you'd get the Elemental Overload buff from that.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
A potential new upgrade: Lightning Golem.

I can't find the details yet, will see when it gets released. This could be useful for automatically triggering EO instead of popping Orb of Storms manually. However, replacing Flame Golem will lose us 50% increased damage. Increased (additive) modifier is not a really big deal: my avg damage with Flame Golem is 13500, and without the golem it's 12704. It's nice, but if the new golem triggers EO a lot, it should be worth using. And maybe it has some other DPS benefits too (like shocking enemies). The demo video shows that it can be supported with projectile and lightning gems such as GMP and Innervate. Interesting!

We'll see.
Are you sure a minion can proc Elemental Overload? Typically damage from proxies don't give the player the benefits of effects like charges, fortify, life/mana on kill or hit, etc. The trap/totem/minion is getting the crit, not you, so I'm not sure you'd get the Elemental Overload buff from that.

Good point. I didn't think about that. Minion's crit will not trigger EO for you. :(

So let's just see if it shocks a lot or has some other benefits for a non-lightning build. But not expecting much.
Instead of leap slam, keep flame dash and just use an unlinked Vigilant Strike to smack a white mob every once in a while.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info