Cheap Prolif Flameblast, HC viable - 2.3 updated

a lot of interesting change for elementalist.

If damage is enough, Paragon of calamity can save u the purity of fire.
But mastermind of discord is still strong..

Help OP
Beacon of Ruin now has the same radius as the gem, time to swap it out?
Swap the gem for what actually ? Chance to ignite ?
"
slayer88 wrote:
a lot of interesting change for elementalist.

If damage is enough, Paragon of calamity can save u the purity of fire.
But mastermind of discord is still strong..

Help OP

You have 8 points now :D

Btw I'm clearly not the OP but don't swap the gem for the talent, ele prolif was buffed from 12 to 16 radius and still stack with inc aoe gem.
bump
Last edited by risko on May 26, 2016, 6:30:16 AM
Any chance the build is viable without elreon stuff? Stacking mana regen + clarity max lvl now that purity of fire is skippable...I really hate elreon's jewellery :(
Summarized changes:
-Prolif radius from 12 to 16 (20 to 27 after increases, 35% buff)
-Beacon of Ruin from 9 to 12 (12 to 16 after increases)
-Mastermind of Discord from 20% to 25% pen, from 4 sec to 10 sec
-Pendulum of Destruction now provides 25% aoe every 10 sec
-Paragon of Calamity grants 50% reflect reduction (woohoo)
-Liege of the Primordial grants +1 golem
And we potentially get 2 additional asc points (that really depends)

That opens some new possibilities.

-Keep everything the way it is and get Paragon of Calamity as your 8th point (pretty much reflect immunity, the way to go in my opinion - you can get it also as your 6th instead of MoD if you feel like it's neccessary for you).
Another option here would be dropping Purity of Fire and running 2 blasphemies (you have to get the +1 curse node or use Windscream, though)

-Keep everything the way it and get Liege of the Primordial as your 8th point (run lightning + flame golem, this way you get 18% cast speed and 80% increased damage).

-Drop MoD, Ele Prolif gem and get Beacon of Ruin (mind you it's still worse than current 12 radius prolif). Replace Ele Prolif with possibly Empower?
Here you're forced to either take Paragon of Calamity or use Rise of the Phoenix, and can't go 2 curses (still need Purity for reflect).

Personally I'm most likely going to stick with the current version, and eventually getting Paragon of Calamity. That means that nothing really changes in the skill tree, and the 'new' Ascendancy order is:
Shaper of Desolation > Pendulum of Destruction > Mastermind of Discord > Paragon of Calamity

So in summary, the old version gains:
5% more fire penetration and 6 sec MoD duration (from 60%/4s to 65%/10s)
25% increased aoe for 4 sec every 10 sec
35% more prolif aoe (from 20 to 27 radius)
50% reduced reflected damage taken - only if you manage to get the last 2 points

Gonna update main post with trees and info for all listed here versions later today. Let me know of possible other ideas (that can be realised) you have.
CET Timezone
Sorry for double post but I saw you posted the update soon after my post.

Any chance the build is viable without elreon stuff? Stacking mana regen + clarity max lvl now that purity of fire is skippable...I really hate elreon's jewellery :(
I'm afraid you'd be forced to run a mana flask in addition to your mana regen, as a 6l 21/20 flameblast could cost you up 400+ mana/s
CET Timezone
If i only have 5L,i need to drop what? Controlled Destruction?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info