GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
GurkanG wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:
"
GurkanG wrote:
I'm planning on doing and ED build. But I was wondering if maybe Scion with deadeye would be a better build?

What do you guys think? Would Scion + deadeye be better than this Shadow build?


My original plan was to do that, but after a lot of theorycrafting and later testing, Shadow was superior in too many ways.


Would you mind explaining exactly how this is better than Scion? :)


Absolutely!

Shadow trickster gives you the following possibilities:

Walk the Aether => Insane clear speed ability as it gives you 20% atk/cast speed on movement skill use, so you whirling blade and cast 2 spells then whirling blade on and still having full uptime of this buff. That's how i reach over 200mil exp/h running maps at lvl 85+ with shit gear. Also, it removes the mana cost to avoid that issue for you if you wish to keep yourself on a low budget, other solutions such as mana gain on kill or the atziri chest piece is nice but costs more.

Swift Killer => Dmg and clear speed increasing charges, just awesome to have

Patient Reaper pure damage increase, nothing special outside of that tbh

Ghost Dance & Shade Form => Amazingly good if you wish to run a higher budget verison of the build to further enhance defensiveness in the build.


Main reason trickster is so good is swift killer + Walk the Aether.



Scion:

Deadeye => Let's start with the fact that piercing isn't where we get our damage exploding on the screen from. We get that from Contagion spreading after first mob dies. Now, the arguement vs immortality totems / allies can't die rares is good, but we are using piercing support gem so worst case scenario you have to shoot 2-3 times as pierce gem is used and only gives 50%.
20% Projectile speed, this is a nice quality of life, but since we get Sniper node + Winds of Change gloves we don't need it. Only arguement here would be if you solely play on open world maps that you can pierce and shoot the pack behind 2 screens away pretty much. But then again, walk the aether via trickster would still be faster as well as you not being able to guarantee the piercing ED you just shot will hit anything useful further away. So, exztremely situational, i'd still take trickster who guarantees speed on that mod as well.
Projectiles gain Damage as they travel further, dealing up to 30% increased damage to targets, this is nice, like, really nice. It's not a super big dmg increase but it is, however, the distance needs to be there and you'll be whirling yourself around either way. You have roughly 26k DoT DPS adding slightly more won't do much difference which is the main reason I don't go with other ascendancy classes for the build, I'd benefit much more from upping my clear speed rather than making me kill a boss 0.5sec faster. (which you can speed up via Vaal Lightning Trap either way).
And lastly: Skills fire an additional Projectile => again, we only need 1 target to die for contagion to spread to kill everyone, using projectile modifying support gems for ED is as wasted as thinking increased AoE on the skilltree is good for the build.


Sure you have 3 other benefits of playing Scion that shall not be forgotten:
1) Big attribute providers in the routing
2) Skilltree start jump, which is useless for this build tbh as we benefit from both scion and shadow start, pretty much equally.
3) The second Ascendancy class:
* Change around the build, use a curse and get Occultist for lowering chaos res would be pretty rad.
Anything outside of that is pretty much wasted.


All in all, Scion will give you slightly higher DPS with a few tweaks but the utility behind scion picks are useless compared to what Trickster brings to the table.


I hope that clearified my reasoning :)

Due to popular demand and me not being a full-time streamer I'm unable to go through all forum threads as I used to, however, I still respond to every question on my YouTube videos!
Build Guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1686036
https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
"
Ghazzy wrote:


Absolutely!

Shadow trickster gives you the following possibilities:

Walk the Aether => Insane clear speed ability as it gives you 20% atk/cast speed on movement skill use, so you whirling blade and cast 2 spells then whirling blade on and still having full uptime of this buff. That's how i reach over 200mil exp/h running maps at lvl 85+ with shit gear. Also, it removes the mana cost to avoid that issue for you if you wish to keep yourself on a low budget, other solutions such as mana gain on kill or the atziri chest piece is nice but costs more.

Swift Killer => Dmg and clear speed increasing charges, just awesome to have

Patient Reaper pure damage increase, nothing special outside of that tbh

Ghost Dance & Shade Form => Amazingly good if you wish to run a higher budget verison of the build to further enhance defensiveness in the build.


Main reason trickster is so good is swift killer + Walk the Aether.



Scion:

Deadeye => Let's start with the fact that piercing isn't where we get our damage exploding on the screen from. We get that from Contagion spreading after first mob dies. Now, the arguement vs immortality totems / allies can't die rares is good, but we are using piercing support gem so worst case scenario you have to shoot 2-3 times as pierce gem is used and only gives 50%.
20% Projectile speed, this is a nice quality of life, but since we get Sniper node + Winds of Change gloves we don't need it. Only arguement here would be if you solely play on open world maps that you can pierce and shoot the pack behind 2 screens away pretty much. But then again, walk the aether via trickster would still be faster as well as you not being able to guarantee the piercing ED you just shot will hit anything useful further away. So, exztremely situational, i'd still take trickster who guarantees speed on that mod as well.
Projectiles gain Damage as they travel further, dealing up to 30% increased damage to targets, this is nice, like, really nice. It's not a super big dmg increase but it is, however, the distance needs to be there and you'll be whirling yourself around either way. You have roughly 26k DoT DPS adding slightly more won't do much difference which is the main reason I don't go with other ascendancy classes for the build, I'd benefit much more from upping my clear speed rather than making me kill a boss 0.5sec faster. (which you can speed up via Vaal Lightning Trap either way).
And lastly: Skills fire an additional Projectile => again, we only need 1 target to die for contagion to spread to kill everyone, using projectile modifying support gems for ED is as wasted as thinking increased AoE on the skilltree is good for the build.


Sure you have 3 other benefits of playing Scion that shall not be forgotten:
1) Big attribute providers in the routing
2) Skilltree start jump, which is useless for this build tbh as we benefit from both scion and shadow start, pretty much equally.
3) The second Ascendancy class:
* Change around the build, use a curse and get Occultist for lowering chaos res would be pretty rad.
Anything outside of that is pretty much wasted.


All in all, Scion will give you slightly higher DPS with a few tweaks but the utility behind scion picks are useless compared to what Trickster brings to the table.


I hope that clearified my reasoning :)



Awesome! :D

Really appreciate the great response mate. Exactly what I was looking for :)
Cheers, glad you like it bro! :D
Due to popular demand and me not being a full-time streamer I'm unable to go through all forum threads as I used to, however, I still respond to every question on my YouTube videos!
Build Guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1686036
https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Have a question. Is this build Atziri/Uber Viable in HC? Can you provide a video or some tips about Atziri/Uber kill/farming? What is the minimum stats for doing Atziri/Uber? I am in HC and don't want to risk an easy death before trying Atziri.

Thanks!
"
Elegy2004 wrote:
Have a question. Is this build Atziri/Uber Viable in HC? Can you provide a video or some tips about Atziri/Uber kill/farming? What is the minimum stats for doing Atziri/Uber? I am in HC and don't want to risk an easy death before trying Atziri.

Thanks!


It's Atziri viable, however for Uber you'll need Righteous Fire and a different approach for higher damage output. This build is mainly focused on clearing maps and LvLing rather than specific boss kills.

Honestly, I would suggest righteous fire version for Atziri as well to be as safe as possible but the general recommendation stays; "Be extremely careful when doing Atziri".
Due to popular demand and me not being a full-time streamer I'm unable to go through all forum threads as I used to, however, I still respond to every question on my YouTube videos!
Build Guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1686036
https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Hey man great guide. Consuming dark can be used in the build?
Last edited by claydbp on Apr 16, 2016, 4:54:01 PM
Noobie here, is this end game viable? or mostly beginners?
Last edited by Jouchebag on Apr 16, 2016, 5:48:56 PM
Sup Ghazzy! This looks like a ton of fun, but quick question. How is the dps on a four or five link until I get the currency for the recommended gear? I just got back to the game, and I have zero currency right now. I really don't want to do what I always do and roll an archer.
Last edited by sikthlord on Apr 17, 2016, 1:37:07 AM
"
Jouchebag wrote:
Noobie here, is this end game viable? or mostly beginners?


Heya,
This build works for any tier maps as well as regular Atziri, only thing this build can not do properly would be Uber Atziri which very few builds can handle either way.

"
sikthlord wrote:
Sup Ghazzy! This looks like a ton of fun, but quick question. How is the dps on a four or five link until I get the currency for the recommended gear? I just got back to the game, and I have zero currency right now. I really don't want to do what I always do and roll an archer.


Sup!
You'll be perfectly fine with a 4-5L and Tabula Rasa are so hilariously cheap that you should be able to afford one before Dried Lake Merciless either way :)
Due to popular demand and me not being a full-time streamer I'm unable to go through all forum threads as I used to, however, I still respond to every question on my YouTube videos!
Build Guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1686036
https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
i have rly big mana issues... how can i fix them?
Bayern des samma mia

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info