GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
Devillar wrote:
Hi!

Really nice build! I have a question.
Do you recommend Divinarius Imperial Skean for this build? I'm trying to develope this build but with highest budget and just considering this change.

Thanks for your reply in advance!

I don't think you need the crit tbh, you would be better off getting the Consuming Dark for almost same spell but also adding poison. Only thing that's nice about Dininarius is the mana gain on kill, but it's still subpar to the passive nodes like "Thrill Kill".

For a high bugdget build you might consider the following uniques, what I'm using now (prices PSC):

- The Vertex Vaal Mask (20c) -> go for max es/evasion roll

- The Consuming Dark (45c)

- The Carcass Jack (25c-1ex+) -> 5L/6L of buy a cheap one and try to link it

- Essence Worm Unset Ring (15c)

- Aegis Aurora (1ex+) -> go for max armor/es roll
Last edited by tavirosu on Apr 8, 2016, 7:42:43 AM
Wouldnt belly of the beast better for chest?
It's GOD tier in terms of defence, armor double dips and you get life, but I'm very skeptical you can get the colors to match for ED and linked it. They sell for like 2ex-10ex with the good combination 5L/6L. You also don't get any dps gains out of it and no ES.

Haven't done the math but if you go for Belly you most likely shouldn't go hybrid, for any ES.

It's definitely on the list, Lightning Coil as well. I'll might test LC a bit today to see how it stacks but I sense the -lightning res might be an issue.

L.E: With Lightning Coil I lost like 400-500es. And I have to cap like +60% lightning resi. Meaning each non-unique must have +30 lightning. Dunno if it's worth it for the 30% physical damage taken.

L.E: NOP. Same story with Belly. Lost 400es, gained ~380 life. I'm sure the life gain will increase since you gain life each level but not ES. But the issue I have is I LOST ARMOR. It's ~ 500 minus armor. So in all I would say maybe past level 85+ you will see life gain from Belly as opposed to Carcass but the chore to get the two blue sockets is real and you lost dps and AoE radius.
Last edited by tavirosu on Apr 8, 2016, 9:19:14 AM
Well, do we actually need es?
"
Josidiah wrote:

Why not? If you choose not to go templar area but instead go up and pick the life/es nodes "Melding" you might as well. Check my post a few posts ago I've transitioned the original build into a hybrid life/es one. It's not cheap but you can scale it pretty good tbh and become tanky!

The synergy is you go ES as a "buffer pool" (about 2k+ es) and use Aegis and your armor to scale it's regen (200-300es when block is doable at about 10k-15k armor). You can literally whirlingblade into a pack -> block -> regen. Not as good as the abyssal cry max block but in between.
Last edited by tavirosu on Apr 8, 2016, 9:32:01 AM
"
Mobius777 wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:
"
Mobius777 wrote:
I recently hit level 70 with this build in PHC and I am really enjoying it. I picked up a rathpith shield today and I realized I do not have near enough intelligence to equip it. I am around 80 base intelligence right now. How are you getting enough INT to equip this shield and level up your gems all the way? I watched the video and you mention the STR requirements but not the INT requirements. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks again for the build guide.

The Rathpith if a matter of taste for upgrades to higher budgets.
You could pop in to my stream @ www.twitch.tv/Ghazzy and type: !Profile or you could click my profile in here and go to my characters, the Ghazzy_DoT_TV character is the one you seek to check out my current gear! :)

Ghazzy_DoT_TV is a little naked. Maybe it needs to update. I will tune into the stream though :)

Yeah, I stripped her recently :S Forgot about that, sorry!
The Rathpith is again for higher budgets, same with Atziri's Step Slink Boots. However, easiest way to gain Strength and Intelligence for gear/gem requirements imo is this way:

Strength: Heavy Belt + Strength roll (also provides HP).
Intelligence: Aim for this on Jeweleries (Amulet/rings) Ez mode :)

"
Devillar wrote:
Hi!

Really nice build! I have a question.
Do you recommend Divinarius Imperial Skean for this build? I'm trying to develope this build but with highest budget and just considering this change.

Thanks for your reply in advance!

Hey,
Glad you like it bro!
No, I don't think Divinarius would be a good choise as you can get a much better spell damage dagger via rare one + benchcraft.
The AoE is enough with a quality Contagion linked with Increased AoE :)

"
Josidiah wrote:
Wouldnt belly of the beast better for chest?

Massive ammount of off-coloring going on, also it is not guaranteed that it would exist a belly with +1 lvl of gems corrupted on a 6L belly, and even if it would exist in a temp-league it would be stupidly expensive. Hence why Tabula is so strong as it allows you to get that +1 lvl of gems fairly cheap!

"
Josidiah wrote:

The way @Tavirosu is doing the build is slightly different than that of the OP. I would personally not bother any other chest piece than Tabula due to the +1 corruption. If you manage to get a corrupted +1 6L chest piece then w/e stats on it would be good if you get the correct colors.

Just keep in mind that a +1 Tabula costs less than a non-socketed Lightning Coil so its hilariously cheap!

---------------------------------------------------

@Tavirosu:
Thank you for responding so quickly to everyone, I do it as often as I can find time. :)
Your approach to the build is nice indeed.

Like i always tell people;
If you find a way to play my build or anyone elses build in a different way that would make you enjoy the build more. Then that version is best suited for you! :)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
@Ghazzy Thanks!

I wen't more hard into the hybrid nature of the build and tried to get "tanky" ascendancy while getting similar ascendancy perks from the passive nodes. Also it's not for a budget player due to the number of uniques.

My updated passive skill tree:

I've also started using one of the most underrated unques: Sin Trek Stealth Boots! Good rolls for 1c!

I think it's actually BiS unless you want to purchase a rare worth a few exalts. And here is why:

- flat high evasion/energy shield. Es get's scaled from tree -> adds to our es pool.

- int stat, good for scaling our gems

- top 30% movement

- can't leech life, easy mode against the spear leeching mobs
Last edited by tavirosu on Apr 9, 2016, 2:32:10 AM
WHen using Whirling Blades as a movement spell we don't really care for movement speed on boots :P
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Thank you for sharing this build with us, had a great time playing it. After trying your initial setup I decided to port it over to Scion and am having a blast so far.

Scion Skilltree

This is roughly what Im aiming for. The scion ascendancy offers some more passive points and most if not everything we want from the shadows trickster ascendancy. I use Blood Rage to keep my ES below full for that sweet 20% increased damage and to generate Frenzy Charges. This build only offers 6 Frenzy Charges though, I feel like it might be safer later in the game / on hc due to 6 Endurance Charges. It also offers a solid chunk more life, less stat requirements on gear plus roughly 9 passive points extra due to being able to allocate the good shadow stuff right away.

Again I am only 66 on this account atm while testing it on sc and so far it works really good. Your thoughts?
Last edited by Ulsarek on Apr 9, 2016, 1:11:07 PM
"
Ghazzy wrote:
WHen using Whirling Blades as a movement spell we don't really care for movement speed on boots :P

I know but due to the nature of the spell I found myself stuck in different objects on the ground in certain maps. When this happens movement speed help for you to relocate and it's a free stat on a good piece of gear.

Ofc if you go for a rare pair of boots the cost save of going for a no movement pair will be considerable.

ps: You can use Poacher's Mark to help generating frenzy charges and mana/life regen. I have it linked to CwDT setup since I'm lazy.
Last edited by tavirosu on Apr 10, 2016, 5:17:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info