GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
Josidiah wrote:
Why didnt you take growth and decay node near shadow zone.

He did take it. Some people take "Method to the Madness" instead. I would say if you have the points take them both, Method is nice since it grants you chaos res.
"
tavirosu wrote:
"
Josidiah wrote:

He did take it. Some people take "Method to the Madness" instead. I would say if you have the points take them both, Method is nice since it grants you chaos res.

I originally had that over Method of Madness, but you actually gain more damage from Method of Madness and due to the life regen provided by the ED DoT I valued Chaos Resistance over Life Regen as well. Not only making the damage gain higher but also the defensive gain better via Method of Madness.

Personally I don't feel that you need both, as you'd lose eHP by removing HP nodes for both.
Also, to be considered, if you're planing on playing with parties with the build you'd want to use "Abyssal Cry + Inc AoE + Poison" this all scales from chaos damage, again, making Method of Madness superior to Growth & Decay.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
"
Ghazzy wrote:
"
tavirosu wrote:
"
Josidiah wrote:

I originally had that over Method of Madness, but you actually gain more damage from Method of Madness and due to the life regen provided by the ED DoT I valued Chaos Resistance over Life Regen as well. Not only making the damage gain higher but also the defensive gain better via Method of Madness.

Personally I don't feel that you need both, as you'd lose eHP by removing HP nodes for both.
Also, to be considered, if you're planing on playing with parties with the build you'd want to use "Abyssal Cry + Inc AoE + Poison" this all scales from chaos damage, again, making Method of Madness superior to Growth & Decay.

Yeah I was thinking about that. Seems fair.

WIP Build

In regards to the points in the templar area, any reason why there are a must? As a hybrid life/es, level 71 with about 5k+ total pool (3.6k life and 1.7k es and still have more life/es nodes to take) I've found that going instead towards "Melding" keynode is better. You get ES and Life from each node there. It's also just a 2 points to get there from the oriignal tree. Add another one and you are at the jewel spot.

So I didn't went past the scion life nodes but instead took life/es and more jewels, since you can get like 25%+ dps out of each jewel.

Finished testing the "Trill Killer" node and it's godly tbh. I'm never oom, barely have to use a mana pot and saved so much:

- no running clarity, more effective mana to cast spells

- not going for any mana reg nodes

- ascendancy node free, I don't see why I would need "Wave the Arcane".

I'm considering into going for "Ghost Dance" -> "Shade Form" for last ascendancy points.

---

Items to scale the build that I'm using, if you have the currency:

- Essence Worm Unset Ring -> 0 mana rev. for Grace. My mana resev. is used for Discipline. Mana resev. is just 49% so very doable.

- The Consuming Dark -> free poison

- The Vertex Vaal Mask -> surv. due to high evasion/es and perfect to use Contagion socketed it since the mana cost wil only be 50%!

- Carcass Jack -> surv. due to high evasion/es, life and good AoE

---

Will prob add an Aegis Shield since it will most likely be very good for the build.
Last edited by tavirosu on Apr 7, 2016, 5:54:34 AM
It all comes down to how you wish to run the build.
Carcass Jack would be a significant budget change as well as not making it neither easy or gauranteed to get a +1 during a league. (Tabula +1 will always be available during temp-leagues and still very cheap).

The rest of the changes are pretty big that you're displaying. Like I said, it all comes down to a matter of taste and how you wish to approach the build.
Yeah I know. But for ES/Life Hybrid I don't think it's worth going for the templar nodes if you want to ditch the mana regen nodes. I would suggest anyone doing this build to try "Thrill Killer" node if they have mana issues.
Last edited by tavirosu on Apr 7, 2016, 10:53:32 AM
I recently hit level 70 with this build in PHC and I am really enjoying it. I picked up a rathpith shield today and I realized I do not have near enough intelligence to equip it. I am around 80 base intelligence right now. How are you getting enough INT to equip this shield and level up your gems all the way? I watched the video and you mention the STR requirements but not the INT requirements. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks again for the build guide.
"
Mobius777 wrote:
I recently hit level 70 with this build in PHC and I am really enjoying it. I picked up a rathpith shield today and I realized I do not have near enough intelligence to equip it. I am around 80 base intelligence right now. How are you getting enough INT to equip this shield and level up your gems all the way? I watched the video and you mention the STR requirements but not the INT requirements. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks again for the build guide.

The Rathpith if a matter of taste for upgrades to higher budgets.
You could pop in to my stream @ www.twitch.tv/Ghazzy and type: !Profile or you could click my profile in here and go to my characters, the Ghazzy_DoT_TV character is the one you seek to check out my current gear! :)
"
Ghazzy wrote:
"
Mobius777 wrote:

The Rathpith if a matter of taste for upgrades to higher budgets.
You could pop in to my stream @ www.twitch.tv/Ghazzy and type: !Profile or you could click my profile in here and go to my characters, the Ghazzy_DoT_TV character is the one you seek to check out my current gear! :)

Ghazzy_DoT_TV is a little naked. Maybe it needs to update. I will tune into the stream though :)
"
Mobius777 wrote:

Gear (amulet is good since you can get 20+ int easy and cheap), passive int nodes and jewels that have int as 3rd stat after two dps stats. I'm at 205 at level 77.

As a note for the "tanky build" I removed "Growth and Decay" and picked up "Conduit" and the endurance/power/frenzy charges nodes past it. It gives more than the trickster "Swift Killer" (it's a total of 12% vs 10% chance to gain) and it lets you take the tanky option of "Ghost Dance" -> "Shade Form" while generating endurance charges as well to add to defence!

You will still be able to get the +2 frenzy from passive, you won't get the extra +1 from ascendancy but I would say it's more balanced since you get power and endurance charges as well. Total frenzy charges: 6.

My current skilltree:

Didn't do cruel or merc lab I want to run them back-to-back to get "Shade Form". Things left to do:

- pick the jewel socked down near "Golem's Blood" (2 points)

- get the 2 frenzy charges nodes (4 points for up to frenzy charge, maybe take the frenzy charge duration after it also)

- maybe get "Command and Steel" (3 points) to scale Aegis defences, but I'm not sure how good the gain will be.

Current stats: 4k life / 2k ES, 10k armor w/o ascendancy gain, resistance overcapped (will try to optimize gear, maybe add another unique).

---

I'm still amazed at the clearing speeds, the fact that with Aegis if you want to regen ES you literally whirlingblade into a pack, block, regen, get out.
Last edited by tavirosu on Apr 8, 2016, 1:45:24 AM
Hi!

Really nice build! I have a question.
Do you recommend Divinarius Imperial Skean for this build? I'm trying to develope this build but with highest budget and just considering this change.

Thanks for your reply in advance!
Last edited by Devillar on Apr 8, 2016, 5:30:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info