[3.1 Video Guide] MoM Essence Drain & Contagion Trickster [HC/SC/Uber Izaro/Uber Atziri/Shaper]

Had no idea! Thanks bud
Why not faster casting instead of increased dur on the spell totem
"
TRIwofl wrote:
Why not faster casting instead of increased dur on the spell totem

And why would you want faster casting on spell totem which casts wither? He casts it all the time so faster casting doesn't do anything - increased duration as name says increses the duration of the tomem - the longer your totem lasts the longer enemy is withered amplifying your damage.
Thanks for the quick respons

FYI I love your guide and all the explanations about why you went everywhere, which is how I'm adjusting the build to fit my playstyle, and was hoping for some insight

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYAAAceCPQOSA-rES0RLxFQEZYTbRQJFm8WvxcvGmwdTx_HIvQkiySqJogmlSsKK3gsnC2LNbk2PTbpOq1FnUkTSVFLV1NSVUtV1lxAXfJfsGHiYqxk52pDaoxsC2yMbRlvCG-Eb551nnaCfIN_xoCkgwmFMofLiFuJ4I_6kx-TJ5UumuCbtZ2qna6i2acIpyunm7ALsNi0xbTRtUi3MLzqwFTA48LswzrIDMgUykrPFeNq5ljrY-vu8NXxs_Vv98H60v8c

I want to run Blasph-enfeeble, AA, and Clarity, I picked up the energy shield regen and life nodes because i plan on going hybrid ES/Life, I personally want to capitalize off the life regen part of the ED .5% of damage turned to life regen, and since Ill be moving around quickly with whirling blade setup, and I picked up the increase shielf and block, with AA and Enfeeble on I feel like it will reduce the hits that I would only be taking while standing still casting anyway.

If you could look and provide suggestions or feedback thatd be awesome, I left room for jewell nodes, more ES/spell damage nodes, and can make it to shaper even if necessary.

I was also wondering if as you were saying the poison gem is great for single target but crap overall for the Contagion since contagion doesnt spread poison, if I should carry one for boss fights and do a quick switch.
Thanks for the amazing guide, I plan on using youre info for my main HCP
"
Ghots wrote:
Had no idea! Thanks bud


My pleasure bro, glad you like it! :)

"
TRIwofl wrote:
Why not faster casting instead of increased dur on the spell totem


I use Increased Duration as it is slightly more effective than faster casting in terms of pure damage increase. However, Faster Casting would be smoother to use, then on the other hand we are only using Wither Totem vs really hard targets and/or bosses where you don't do anything else which to me, makes it fine to cast the totem slightly slower for higher damage increase.


"
Completed 24 ChallengeshaRacz wrote:
"
TRIwofl wrote:
Why not faster casting instead of increased dur on the spell totem

And why would you want faster casting on spell totem which casts wither? He casts it all the time so faster casting doesn't do anything - increased duration as name says increses the duration of the tomem - the longer your totem lasts the longer enemy is withered amplifying your damage.


Correct and False!
Faster Casting increases not only the cast time for me to place the totem but also the cast time the totem has to cast wither so it increases the damage. However, you are correct with Increased Duration allowing me to "not resummong it as often" (which should never happen as bosses should be well dead by the time of the expiration tbh.)


"
TRIwofl wrote:
Thanks for the quick respons

FYI I love your guide and all the explanations about why you went everywhere, which is how I'm adjusting the build to fit my playstyle, and was hoping for some insight

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYAAAceCPQOSA-rES0RLxFQEZYTbRQJFm8WvxcvGmwdTx_HIvQkiySqJogmlSsKK3gsnC2LNbk2PTbpOq1FnUkTSVFLV1NSVUtV1lxAXfJfsGHiYqxk52pDaoxsC2yMbRlvCG-Eb551nnaCfIN_xoCkgwmFMofLiFuJ4I_6kx-TJ5UumuCbtZ2qna6i2acIpyunm7ALsNi0xbTRtUi3MLzqwFTA48LswzrIDMgUykrPFeNq5ljrY-vu8NXxs_Vv98H60v8c

I want to run Blasph-enfeeble, AA, and Clarity, I picked up the energy shield regen and life nodes because i plan on going hybrid ES/Life, I personally want to capitalize off the life regen part of the ED .5% of damage turned to life regen, and since Ill be moving around quickly with whirling blade setup, and I picked up the increase shielf and block, with AA and Enfeeble on I feel like it will reduce the hits that I would only be taking while standing still casting anyway.

If you could look and provide suggestions or feedback thatd be awesome, I left room for jewell nodes, more ES/spell damage nodes, and can make it to shaper even if necessary.

I was also wondering if as you were saying the poison gem is great for single target but crap overall for the Contagion since contagion doesnt spread poison, if I should carry one for boss fights and do a quick switch.
Thanks for the amazing guide, I plan on using youre info for my main HCP


Absolutely my pleasure, sadly my responses on the thread I have will come when I have time. Sadly not a fulltime streamer, yet. So I'm working on the side as well.

Very happy that you enjoy it this much! :)

Regarding the skill-tree:
* You missed to add the Jewel slot next to Method of Madness
* I would suggest taking the "Sniper" node right next to "Nullification" at the Shadow start area, this not only ups the damage but also gives you a slight improvement on quality of life via the Projectile Speed.
* I'd personally remove the shield defence nodes, they aren't that needed tbh. Feels like a waste to me
* You certainly don't need to focus on ES with this build, so remove the ES gain from the Witch starting area
* Aura nodes are also a waste for the build.

Generally there is a huge lack of actual life gain as the build tree you are displaying uses MoM which will require a TON of mana to be reasonable alright to use. (Here is a link to my MoM calculator so you can see how much unreserved mana we are talking about to get to the point where it's good enough to use: MoM Calculator. The suggestion is to have 45-50% MINIMUM Unreserved Mana and ES(If you have EB).

However, your build tree is focusing on ES as a main source of eHP and if you wish to keep this I would say that you either need more or should keep the shield defence cluster with a proper ES shield. Not really my cup of tea approach but if you'd prefer to play it this way, go for it!

Arctic Armour only grants you the defensive mitigation if you're standing still. This build moves A LOT. So I'd recommend removing that.
Enfeeble is a very strong solution indeed, to further mitigate damage.

Poison was amazing back before the DoT proc change as well as the recent nerf(balance) change that happened to poison. Now days, as showed in the latest video guide (linked in the OP) we do not use Poison in our links anymore.


I hope my response helped, if somethings lacking, let me know!

Hi, kinda newb question here:

I can't see how you generate frenzy charges. I mean, you have EC in ring slot but that is for Endurance Charges... right?
What am i missing?

Thanks
"
pixeldog wrote:
Hi, kinda newb question here:

I can't see how you generate frenzy charges. I mean, you have EC in ring slot but that is for Endurance Charges... right?
What am i missing?

Thanks


Hey!
I would suggest checking the build video guide out, it's all explained in there in detail!
The Frenzy Charges comes from the ascendancy nodes "Swift Killer" and yes the EC on the ring is used to generate Endurance Charges.
Oh,thank you very much for a quick response. I've actually seen video couple of days ago, but totally forgot about ascendancy nodes, having not played shadow that far yet.

Very fun build, love the quick silent waves of death that happen from time to time :)

Thanks again and good luck.
"
pixeldog wrote:
Oh,thank you very much for a quick response. I've actually seen video couple of days ago, but totally forgot about ascendancy nodes, having not played shadow that far yet.

Very fun build, love the quick silent waves of death that happen from time to time :)

Thanks again and good luck.


Awesome bro!
<3 :)
Been trying out this build for a while and its pretty damn fun so far, got a quick question, whats the reason for using slower projectiles over for example faster projectiles? Dont they both offer the same amount of damage boost? Seems to me faster makes more sense as you can get essence drain to the mobs faster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info