GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Is the +3 Bow Fossil Method better and cheaper than trying to craft a bow yourself?
Hoping a kind soul would have a quick look at my gear and suggest where would be the best for me to continue to improve.

I feel like I need to get 3+ enlighten so I can add discipline or grace to boost defences.
For damage, with charges and flasks up I'm around 450k dot. With decent non-ailment multiplier jewels selling for 4-13 ex, I'm not sure where else I could boost the damage as well besides gloves.. would love to hear suggestions!

(my profile should be open for viewing)

Spoiler
Last edited by Denezen on Jul 9, 2019, 1:35:17 AM
No RNG method of crafting +1 base for the bow. Cost Around 1.6ex(current rate of exchange).

1. Buy 6 The Porcupine, 5c each.

2. Chrome it, shouldn't take more than 60 chrome(12c in value) to get the right color.

3. Transmute and alt the bow until you get only 1 affix magic bow.

4. Regal and annul it twice to remove all affix(34c).

5. Craft "Cannot roll Attack Modifiers" suffix on your bow(1ex).

6. Now use the beastcraft "Add a Prefix, Remove a Random Suffix". Buy the recipe Farric Wolf Alpha if you don't have it, 25c.

There's only 1 possible outcome if you block attack modifiers.
Spoiler

Spamming alt is cheaper though if you manage to hit it in less than 40 alt and annul it successfully on your first try.
I was wondering.

I have only started playing this game last wednesday, and decided to give this one a try. This being the second character, I finished act 10 and did a first map on a witch.

So I'm a complete noob since I haven't done anything with delves, more maps, let alone try out crafting.

Can anyone explain to me, what I should be doing build wise/item wise? I can't really afford much at all as a newbie and it seems like this build really needs a lot of the gems/links to work correctly.

I noticed that after finishing act 3 I'm suddenly doing a lot less damage than before, also incredibly squishy.
"
evilswordfish wrote:
I was wondering.

I have only started playing this game last wednesday, and decided to give this one a try. This being the second character, I finished act 10 and did a first map on a witch.

So I'm a complete noob since I haven't done anything with delves, more maps, let alone try out crafting.

Can anyone explain to me, what I should be doing build wise/item wise? I can't really afford much at all as a newbie and it seems like this build really needs a lot of the gems/links to work correctly.

I noticed that after finishing act 3 I'm suddenly doing a lot less damage than before, also incredibly squishy.

I'll only answer things I feel comfortable with, being a rookie myself.

For now, aim for a wand and shield combo with +% spell damage and +% cast speed, bonus points they have +xx chaos damage to spells.
Try to get a cheap 5-linked chest (either looted yourself or bought on poe.trade) and make sure the 5 sockets are linked together (I did that mistake on my very first character and wondered why my damage was piss poor). If by any chance, you have around 15 chaos orbs to spend, you can get a tabula rasa which is a 6-linked chest piece with white sockets (meaning, you can put every kind of gem you want in them with no regards to the color restriction) at the cost of 0 defense/affix)

Do not hesitate to use jeweller's orbs/fusings/chromes to get the desired colors, sockets and links on your boots/gloves/helmets as it is very easy and cheap to get the combination you desire (but don't try to get for example 3 red sockets on ES gloves, ES items favor blue sockets, EVA favor green and Armour favor red, the more off-color sockets you want, the harder it will be).

Try to get capped in resists as you take a -35% to all elemental resistances at the end of act 6 (?) and 10. It is imperative to get at least 75% fire/lightning/cold resistance. Chaos resistance, not so much. Rings with passable resists and life can be bought cheaply on poe.trade for 1 to 2 chaos.

Good luck

"
Good Day Folks

I am new to the ED/ Contagion and I am loving it so far.

I just got to maps this weekend and just hit level 79 last night.

I have only started coming to this build page and not have looked at everyone's profile to see what you are running with.

So please take it easy on me for that I know there is information in this thread but I have yet to look at everything.

I am just asking if someone would be so kind to look at my current gear and point me in a direction as to what I should be trying to upgrade/ improve next.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tricky without knowing your budget, but areas for upgrades would be:

- Swap the dagger out for a wand with chaos damage/non-ailment chaos DOT multi

- Gloves - e.g. fingerless silk would give you inc spell damage implicit. Could also look at Allelopathy for blight.

- Belt is awful. Shouldn't be too expensive to get a leather belt with some life and couple of decent res rolls.

- You can buy level 21 corrupted essence drain/blight gems for a few chaos each - decent dps upgrade for you.

- You could look to buy a 6L chest (maybe corrupted) to get a 6L ED.

- You don't need 2 mana flasks (or any really).

- Getting an insta bleed flask would be a nice QOL upgrade.

- Get a spreading rot jewel.

- Your rings need replacing - and the craft on the ghoul circle does nothing for you as ED isn't an attack. If nothing else, aim for life and res, then anything else that benefits the build (at the cost of more currency, of course).

- Get some upgrades and do uber lab - it isn't hard with this build as long as you don't rush and take care with traps etc. If you need currency, look at farming low tier maps (e.g. T2 glacier). Anything you can run quickly (couple of minutes per map). You can quickly accumulate currency (and sell things like legion frags if you want even more $).
"
Fluffymonkey7 wrote:

200 chaos budget exalt minting ED/Contagion Trickster.

Gearing.
Spoiler
Wand: 50c
Spoiler
30% spell damage implicit.
30% increased non-ailment chaos damage over time.
1 open prefix, use crafting bench to craft 50%-60% increased spell damage later.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/JMQqbbhl

Shield: 2c
Spoiler

Armor: 50c-55c
Spoiler
Queen of the Forest(maximum speed) or Carcass Jack(increased aoe)

Buy cheapest QotF for 5c or cheapest carcass for 20c.
Then buy "The Jeweller's Touch Prophecy" for 25c.

Use the prophecy to 5 link it and Chrome it after.
Carcass Jack only need less than 5 chrome to get the desired color.
For QotF you might need to spend 20c worth of chrome, so the cost between both armors are more or less the same.

Amulet: 30c
Spoiler

Open prefix, craft increased aoe on crafting bench.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/0w20OYUg

Alternatively you can get one without open prefix for 5c.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/8kRKlGcV

2x rings: 15c each

Belt: 2c

Helmet: 20c
Spoiler

Gloves: 2c
Spoiler

Allelopathy for 5 linked Blight setup.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/2KKoIk

Boots: 5c

Buy 20/20 corrupted essence drain for 2c.
Level up 6 ed gems in your offhand.
Get spreading rot jewel for 1c if you havent.

After you're done gearing, farm one of these white maps as quickly as possible. Use orb of alchemy on them. Buy them in bulk for 1c each if you have some currency to spare.
Spoiler

T1 Sulphur Vents
T2 Alleyways, Glacier
T3 Ashen Wood
T4 Beach, City Square, Strand
T5 Jungle Valley

You should be making minimum 8 exalts per 100 maps this league even without magic find. Aim for sub 3min per map.

You can get your +1 multimod bow(7.5ex), 21/20 essence drain gem(1.5ex) and level 3 corrupted empower(15c) in one day if you spend the entire sunday chaining maps.

Use neversink uberstrict filter btw. Stop picking useless crap.

Dug this post from a while back, it also has some good tips for getting started. You don't need to worry about crafting if you don't want to, but it has some good guidelines which you could follow.
"
bipsylalapo wrote:
"
evilswordfish wrote:
I was wondering.

I'll only answer things I feel comfortable with, being a rookie myself.

For now, aim for a wand and shield combo with +% spell damage and +% cast speed, bonus points they have +xx chaos damage to spells.
Try to get a cheap 5-linked chest (either looted yourself or bought on poe.trade) and make sure the 5 sockets are linked together (I did that mistake on my very first character and wondered why my damage was piss poor). If by any chance, you have around 15 chaos orbs to spend, you can get a tabula rasa which is a 6-linked chest piece with white sockets (meaning, you can put every kind of gem you want in them with no regards to the color restriction) at the cost of 0 defense/affix)

Do not hesitate to use jeweller's orbs/fusings/chromes to get the desired colors, sockets and links on your boots/gloves/helmets as it is very easy and cheap to get the combination you desire (but don't try to get for example 3 red sockets on ES gloves, ES items favor blue sockets, EVA favor green and Armour favor red, the more off-color sockets you want, the harder it will be).

Try to get capped in resists as you take a -35% to all elemental resistances at the end of act 6 (?) and 10. It is imperative to get at least 75% fire/lightning/cold resistance. Chaos resistance, not so much. Rings with passable resists and life can be bought cheaply on poe.trade for 1 to 2 chaos.

Good luck

Thank you for this, it does seem like my biggest problem right now is the jewels being wrong. Well, linked incorrectly, I'll try to change it here and there. Seeing that I'm still using swords too despite not actually using them.
can someone tell me what i should focus on/replace next?

"
Fluffymonkey7 wrote:
No RNG method of crafting +1 base for the bow. Cost Around 1.6ex(current rate of exchange).

1. Buy 6 The Porcupine, 5c each.

2. Chrome it, shouldn't take more than 60 chrome(12c in value) to get the right color.

3. Transmute and alt the bow until you get only 1 affix magic bow.

4. Regal and annul it twice to remove all affix(34c).

5. Craft "Cannot roll Attack Modifiers" suffix on your bow(1ex).

6. Now use the beastcraft "Add a Prefix, Remove a Random Suffix". Buy the recipe Farric Wolf Alpha if you don't have it, 25c.

There's only 1 possible outcome if you block attack modifiers.
Spoiler

Spamming alt is cheaper though if you manage to hit it in less than 40 alt and annul it successfully on your first try.

Isn't the break-even point when you spend 1ex, 25c, and 2 annuls worth of alterations/annuls? But your point still stands that it is on average almost definitely cheaper to craft it the guaranteed way you just outlined. Great guide. :)
~ twitch.tv/animeprincess ~ everything was beautiful and nothing hurt ~
Last edited by xsnowingx on Jul 9, 2019, 9:56:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info