GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Good Day Folks

I am new to the ED/ Contagion and I am loving it so far.

I just got to maps this weekend and just hit level 79 last night.

I have only started coming to this build page and not have looked at everyone's profile to see what you are running with.

So please take it easy on me for that I know there is information in this thread but I have yet to look at everything.

I am just asking if someone would be so kind to look at my current gear and point me in a direction as to what I should be trying to upgrade/ improve next.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Farming Glaciers at the moment. When you guys pop monoliths are you consistently clearing the pre-wave with one ED/Con? I find that I clear 90-95%, but there's often a few stragglers left behind. They seem close enough to other units so I figure contagion should spread to them, but it doesn't.

Is this a DPS thing? AoE thing?
"
blu3fireball wrote:
Farming Glaciers at the moment. When you guys pop monoliths are you consistently clearing the pre-wave with one ED/Con? I find that I clear 90-95%, but there's often a few stragglers left behind. They seem close enough to other units so I figure contagion should spread to them, but it doesn't.

Is this a DPS thing? AoE thing?

Pop the monolith, run to one end during the spawn delay, then shoot ED+Contagion and run with it to the far side of the pack. Contagion will not spread infinitely, it has a range.
~ twitch.tv/animeprincess ~ everything was beautiful and nothing hurt ~
"
xsnowingx wrote:

Final gear and flasks:

Spoiler

Sexy!
Having various issues with the build unfortunately... one of them is that my spell totems just get oneshot, no matter what, especially in red maps from bosses, rares and the legion rares / bosses. I have no idea how you all handle that... as soon as I pop the totems, they are dead.

Which makes it that bosses / rares in high red maps from legion just take ages to die.

Delving so far has been fun but gets more exhausting the deeper I go, rares and champions starting to take longer. I am getting to a point where I have no idea how to scale the build further with the limited ressources I have :(
Can someone link me the gear you need when using a bow and quiver? plus the skill tree if its different then Ghazzys tree....Well, im level 60 and not sure i should convert from dual wands to bow and quiver had a look at bows and 4ex minimum
Last edited by Kilsum on Jul 8, 2019, 3:37:28 PM
"
Kilsum wrote:
Can someone link me the gear you need when using a bow and quiver? plus the skill tree if its different then Ghazzys tree....Well, im level 60 and not sure i should convert from dual wands to bow and quiver had a look at bows and 4ex minimum

You skill build will work perfectly with a quiver and a bow. Whether you decide to go Perfect Form or something else for the chest, will start to impact the skill tree. Also, whether you are going to be primarily life based, and whether you want to go EB or not will affect skill tree. But in terms of your weapon, there is not much you would want to alter.
~ twitch.tv/animeprincess ~ everything was beautiful and nothing hurt ~
Hmm ok I'll try doing that. Usually I find a spot close to the middle thinking it's most efficient for the contagion to spread from the middle to the outer rims of the circle.
"
xsnowingx wrote:
"
Kilsum wrote:

You skill build will work perfectly with a quiver and a bow. Whether you decide to go Perfect Form or something else for the chest, will start to impact the skill tree. Also, whether you are going to be primarily life based, and whether you want to go EB or not will affect skill tree. But in terms of your weapon, there is not much you would want to alter.

What items do you recommend at level 68 if i wanted to convert to bow and quiver? i can't afford the +3 support gem and +1 gem rolls....
I have a quick question, maybe someone can help me out.

I'm not really following this guide but I'm doing something very similar and I was wondering if lvl 4 empower is better or worse than swift affliction or void manipulation on these gloves:

Right now I'm doing lvl 4 empower but maybe the other support gems are more ideal? I'm using a 6 link blight set up for better single target and this would be the rest of my setup, thanks for any advice.

Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info