GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Witchfire provides more damage than several Increased damage nodes combined.

Mapping with this build is fine (boss fights on red maps can be annoying), but I really enjoy Essence Drain in Delve.
More than once I cleared from start point all the way to destination with a single cast :)
Last edited by Wyverex on Oct 5, 2018, 3:30:12 PM
try this again, after getting pissed off with poets pen glass cannon build.
This is amazingly cheap and super clear speed build. And Breath of council is 5c!!.
Currently sitting at 5.3k HP, 600 ES, 1.85K Unreserved mana. Finding difficult to increase the mana but anyway it is fun build.

Need to get some int / Mana on Gloves and Boots.
Last edited by Dragonnik1 on Oct 25, 2018, 3:19:04 PM
Nice starting items! I suggest switching to Indigo
Helm and scale damage using mana and grab cloak of defiance for 40% MoM(im running a watcher's eye 9% MoM that puts me at 49% dmg taken from mana before life)currently I have 5k hp and 5k mana with 200hp regen per sec and 1300mp regen per sec and boosted by alot if I get hit cause of boot enchant. Just stack hp/mp/mp regen on all your gears and scale damage using indigo, im sitting at 300k tooltip with essence drain
Is it possible to craft a rare better than Breath of the Council for this build? Trying to max out damage output
"
misdirect88 wrote:
Nice starting items! I suggest switching to Indigo
Helm and scale damage using mana and grab cloak of defiance for 40% MoM(im running a watcher's eye 9% MoM that puts me at 49% dmg taken from mana before life)currently I have 5k hp and 5k mana with 200hp regen per sec and 1300mp regen per sec and boosted by alot if I get hit cause of boot enchant. Just stack hp/mp/mp regen on all your gears and scale damage using indigo, im sitting at 300k tooltip with essence drain

oh wow thats freaking awsome. I did better rolled BoTC and shield. But yeah other gears need upgrade. But i love to see how in Delve, you are walking and everything is dieing before u...:)
Last edited by Dragonnik1 on Oct 31, 2018, 11:52:08 AM
Sorry, this was a silly question.... I just now realized Clarity is an absolute mana value reserved, not a percentage. Wasn't it a percentage some time ago? I forget. Oh well, might as well let it level all the way.

----------------------------------------------
Hey guys, I just got back to POE, and I'm running this in Delve as my starter.

Question: regarding Clarity, what level should I stop at? Currently I have it at 17 and I'm wondering if that's 5 levels too much.

More background: I don't have MOM yet because, I know I'm supposed to have roughly 50 percent of my life in unreserved mana. Currently I have 4696 Life, but unreserved mana is only 729. MOM and the Inspiration nodes would give me 1026 unreserved.

Character is EleventhCatch if you want to look. I know my gear is bad, and I just started maps, bear with me. :)

Thanks for reading!
/popcorn always, because people
Last edited by deadamaranth on Nov 10, 2018, 8:23:41 AM
"
Peten00b wrote:
Is it possible to craft a rare better than Breath of the Council for this build? Trying to max out damage output

It's not rare but I had luck in the Incursion league with corrupting the Heartbreaker dagger with % inc dmg. I used it for this build instead of BotC then (DarkWandererOfWraeclast char)

/E: typo
Last edited by Zero202 on Nov 9, 2018, 7:07:52 PM
Heartbreaker is nice, especially with a solid corrupt like 60% spell damage. If you count corrupts as well, I'd still say BotC pulls ahead for a build like this. After the introduction of vaal Blight, the increased duration is simply worth too much to ignore for "just" a bit of spell damage.
That's a good point, I didn't think about the duration for Blight.
And yes, a good corruption like yours can make BotC still better. I may have cheated a bit in my answer to the question :-)
It may also be possible to roll some sceptre or dagger with high spell damage bonus looking at the affixes, but damage-AoE-duration-price-wise, the BotC is the winner.
I'm playing SSF and I don't think I can use MoM because I don't have the equipment to push my mana that high. I'm lvl 78 and have 8 skill points to apply. Should I go for energy shield or energy shield+evasion instead?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info