GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Considering what we saw about "Incursion" so far, would this build be a nice starter for the next league?
"
Just started on Flashback yesterday. Lvl 72 so far.

Coming from a Meele DS shadow, this build provided great fun lvling through the acts.
It's what was desperately needed after 440hrs of only playing one build: a big change from meele phys. damage to something I'm not used to, DoTs.

I still have to accommodate to the new playstyle this build requires, but I can't wait to jump into maps.

Just something I'm not sure about: After switching to Allelopathy, what am I using as main skills now?

I get that Wither is mainly for bosses as the time casting it on normal mobs is almost identical to what it takes to finish the whole pack.

But What abt. Blight/Contaigon?
Do I still ED mobs and spam C on them, or do I use B instead of C?

Hey,

Glad you're enjoying it!
Blight is there to help gain extra dmg after you've applied ED which is the main skill. It also helps with "Vaal Totems" and "Nearby Allies Cannot Die" modded rares :)

"
IkeAndRobin wrote:
I'm currently lvl 85 in flashback ssf. I have 5900 life, 852 es, and 1905 mana with clarity active. Since I have low mana (can't find good gear with mana on it), would a blasphemy curse, hurt or help my suitability? Also is enfeeble or temp chains better for pure defense? Thank you very much.

Edit: here is my character if it helps. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/IkeAndRobin

Usually that comes down to a matter of personal preference. I would rather run the Enfeeble on blasphemy despite being somewhat low on the mana.

"
I'm using heartbreaker for the sweet spell damage and culling strike. Might want to put that as a budget weapon

Edit: nvm didn't see that in the leveling section

:)

Keep in mind that the Culling effect only takes place when you "hit" an enemy, which only happens with this build from your movement ability and/or the actual projectile originating from your ED cast.

"
Meglaton wrote:
Hi all,

First thanks for this amazing build i took a year off and was looking for a friendly low budget build when i came back and this fit perfectly. Now at lvl 89 and just cruising with it. My question and its prob been asked before is. If we have Cloak of Defiance can we reclaim the Mind over Matter point on the skill tree. Or do the robes and the node work together some how.

Thanks

Hey,

Glad you're enjoying it bro!

As you said, it's actually a very common question, the answer is a big "NO" because we are in desperate need of the increased mana nodes behind the keystone ^^

"
Great Build - chose this for SSFHC Flashback and it's been a really smooth experience so far.

It worked even better when I understood the mechanic between Contagion and Essence Drain. :D

Awesome :D
Glad you're enjoying it :D

"
Level 81 so far, missing merc & uber lab, got almost everything covered equipment wise for light budget version., having a blast with this build!

After figuring out how and when to use Wither and Blight mixed in between a proper ED/Contagion, I often find myself running around looking for drops, as I clear packs Offscreen without even knowing in which direction to head first, that's some real fun.

I can't wait to have enough currency to buy proper equipment. So far everything except Allelopathy dropped w/o going to poe trade, but the clearspead is almost as good as my last Shadow @90 with gear worth 10+ ex.

This is some black magic build to me, witchcraft indeed.

Don't make me blush!
But I'm happy you're having a good time :D

"
Do we spec out of MoM with a Cloak of Defiance? Just cant find any nodes which provide as much mana as "Inspiration" does. +40 Max Mana and 30% increased Mana is just insane.

As you have anticipated, we do not unspec due to the need of those mana nodes :)

"
"
Sa6oV0lta wrote:
Hey im thinking of using this build for the flashback but what weapon should i use if i cant afford breath of the council?

Essence of delirium dagger would be decent. You could also use Heartbreaker. I'm personally using a divinarius and so far clearspeed is alright so, currently at t5.

^^^^^

"
lvl 86 currently on flashback, just starting T11 maps but I'm facing hard enemy who won't take much damage (bosses).

I'm 24/7 mapping with my bud, maxblock Cyclone Gladiator. Where basically fighting for the kills, whoever gets to the pack first has one as we clear the entire screen + some off-screen parts while rushing through the map itself.

But once come the boss, things go downhill fast.

We had to quit 3 Waterways unfinished as we couldn't do any damage to the boss, and I kept getting 2-shot when too close (using Blight).

Any tips for improvement on a light budget?

Basically my mapping gear

Spoiler
Works really well and helps so much with map sustain. Only downside is I sometimes disconnect when the rampage counter is over 400 and stuff gets really rough. But that's some fun item for sure!

For bosses I use:

Spoiler

This generally caused by being in a 2man player group. Sadly, ED doesn't scale very well to handle the increased HP provided by multiple players in the party.
Also to note is that this build is designed to handle map clearing fast with a low budget whereas boss killing is generally better using a 2H weapon such as Cane of the Unraveller or any other rare staff granting + lvl of chaos gems and spell or chaos dmg.

This build is also designed for leaguestarter super low budget, for a higher budget approach things like Indigon or Impressence are very solid items to help your dmg output a lot!

"
Krekel82 wrote:
I'm not good with this build or any build but I think your arcane surge is way to high and will not proc good?
If you copy past the build into path of building you will notice that he only has arcane surge on 11 so it will proc if he spents 80 mana, you have it on 19 which means you need to spent 345 mana to gain the arcane surge.
So I would say you spam blight long enough to proc it.

The guide does however state that you should only lvl up Arcane Surge to a point where you feel it's comfortable to use, I personally prefer it on every second Contagion cast whereas others prefer it on EVERY cast and others on every third. So it's a matter of personal preference which is why I never changed the lvl of this in the PoB.

"
Dinnyepapa wrote:
"
lvl 86 currently on flashback, just starting T11 maps but I'm facing hard enemy who won't take much damage (bosses).

I'm 24/7 mapping with my bud, maxblock Cyclone Gladiator. Where basically fighting for the kills, whoever gets to the pack first has one as we clear the entire screen + some off-screen parts while rushing through the map itself.

But once come the boss, things go downhill fast.

We had to quit 3 Waterways unfinished as we couldn't do any damage to the boss, and I kept getting 2-shot when too close (using Blight).

Any tips for improvement on a light budget?

Basically my mapping gear

Spoiler
Works really well and helps so much with map sustain. Only downside is I sometimes disconnect when the rampage counter is over 400 and stuff gets really rough. But that's some fun item for sure!

For bosses I use:

Spoiler

Well, I'm not a big wig in this, but If the tankiness is the biggest problem, you could try to replace the tabula for a rare 6link with life on it. If it is mainly the damage, you could try and get a +1 tabula. Also, the lvl 3 empower really boosts your damage(for solo target only, maybe switch of the efficacy for it). And also, the hearthbraker is mainly a clearspeed weapon. A breath of council would give the best bonus I think, or a delirium weapon for pure soso target. But considering, that you went for kinda magic find, you could get a lot of tank by subbing thoose out. Also, try to link a vaal lightning trap in the CWDT setup. It will not proc it, but it will help in the duration(not sure, why do you need the firestorm in there )

^^^^

"
lakyljuk wrote:
Love the build. I got Delirium dagger and would like to know, what exactly applies Decay - it has to be hit, so I Shield Charge applies, what else? ED bullet is projectile, so hits too? What about Rampage bonuses, do they aplly decay too?

ED proj, Rampage hits (like the projectiles) and shield charge as you stated :)
Glad you're enjoying the build bro!

---------------

@phxxbullet:

Death's Oath will require you to invest in to a lot of regen to help sustain the degen caused by DO. However, a +1 lvl of gems Tabula increases the dmg output significantly :)

BotC is top tier weapon for this build.

"
Aoki4 wrote:
Hi Ghazzy, thank you very much for the guide, it's the first char with i can do t10/t11, it's wonderfull.

Still i have a problem with elder boss, i can't kill him, got to the last 25% hp part and then it was unbearable.
Couldn't even stand on the ground as it was all draining my hp constantly and flasks were empty after 15 sec, what can i do with the gear to try it again?
Here's the link at my char
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Aoki4/characters?characterName=Seouljun

Hey,

This build isn't designed for boss killing unless you throw the shield/1h weapon away and use a 2H weapon with chaos or spell dmg together with + lvl of gems and/or chaos gems to skyrocket your dmg output. This will severly hurt your clear speed but your dmg will be increased significantly.

Other items such as Indigon or Impressence can help your dmg output a lot as well.

"
"
hawleyyau wrote:
Playing flashback league... Would anyone be able to help me do a gear check?

I tried doing T13 Core and wasn't able to kill the boss - left with 50% HP after 6 portals used xD

Thinking of getting a 20/20 corrupted ED (way cheaper than a 21/20 ED), and possibly a Empower Lv3

Though I'm quite short on funds recently, since I've been buying red maps to run for fun (and to complete my atlas) haha...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I too am stuck at T11+ maps cause I can't get bosses down.

May I ask why you use a Quicksilver?
You could just whirleblade around maps 24/7 and make room for another damage/defensive flask.

Also your amulet looks kinda off? Why not use one with more useful stats.

Hows the +1 armour working for you? I got a 5link cloak just because I rather deals less dmg (still more than enough for mapping) and have more survivability. (Neither will help me at bosses)

Basically, the build is as stated before designed for map clearing not bosses. If you wish to kill these higher tier or end-game bosses you will need to opt to a 2H weapon strategy unless you wish to invest A LOT of currency to make the 1h/Shield approach handle the bosses as well.
Items such as Indigon or Impressence are good choices for that.

"
painguard wrote:
Flashback League
I bought a
for 5c, then switched to
. It's like playing the game in slow motion, enfeeble + temporal chains are so bloody strong. the lvl 22 blashphemy increases the range even more.
My ED just hit lvl 19 in a
and so far I haven't been having issues so far in t13. I just love this, will most likely play this till the end. Got lucky with some envy crafts. Hopefully will reach 5K hp before I hit lvl 90. Oh, forgot to do uber lab :))

I have to mention that for me this league red maps are rare. I try to play around t9-10 then go make the reds I got. I don't buy maps out of principle.
P.S. I have around 1k unreserved mana.
Edit2: Soon lvl 92, 5100 hp, Killed yellow elder deathless, farming corrupted t11+ no problemo.

Awesome bro!
Very happy to hear how well it's going for you :D

"
Kaddomir wrote:
Big thank you for a build

My pleasure bro!

"
Odd_the_king wrote:
Hi.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Odd_the_king/characters - Se Ozon_Trickster - level 92 in Flashback Event (BRE001).

This is my 3. attempt on this build and I love it as a league starter.
My first try was in abyss (first build ever in POE), secound was in SSF to try it out (worked great for all white and yellow maps). My 3. attempt is in flashback I have gotten to level 92 and farming Shaped underground sea (tier 11).

Does any of the most experience people here have any tips to get this over the top and ready to farm T12+? I got 5 exalt and 270 chaos to spend in flashback.

I know what to do to get more damage, thats my ED and empower gems. And spend more on better Jewels for spell / chaos / Dot damage

1. Skill gems - Should I change anything of this setup?
- 6 link ED (waiting to vaal to get 21/20 Essence Drain - Empower level 4 cost 6 exalt).
- 5 link Blight - Very happy with this set-up
- 3 link contagion+flamedash

- 2 link cast when damage taken + 2 link wither

- 3 link shield charge
- 3 link curse (despair and TC - with impresence despair get no mana reservation)

2. Items
- Should i 6-link The Perfect Storm and use it together with Atziri's step? To get a real evasion build + arctic armour for better defence?
- Or is Cloak of Defiance with mana providing Grand Spectrum Cobalt Jewels a betther defensive setup?
- Any other items that I should get?
- Flask - Are the setup okay?

3. Skill tree
- I got some extra dexteriy for the time I used The Perfect Storm - If I am not going for Perfect Storm I can respec to more life and jewel.

Overall, this will be a test for the next league, do I use it only as a league starter or do I take it all the way to high tier farming.

Ozon_

Hey bro!
Glad to hear you're still enjoying this build :)

I would personally say that you should invest to get an "Indigon" helmet and try that out, also get a +1 lvl of gems Tabula Rasa if you feel tanky enough as it will increase your dmg a lot ^^

"
SaintLucifer wrote:
Considering what we saw about "Incursion" so far, would this build be a nice starter for the next league?

This will remain to be a very solid leaguestarter, yes :)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
"
Odd_the_king wrote:
Hi.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Odd_the_king/characters - Se Ozon_Trickster - level 92 in Flashback Event (BRE001).

This is my 3. attempt on this build and I love it as a league starter.
My first try was in abyss (first build ever in POE), secound was in SSF to try it out (worked great for all white and yellow maps). My 3. attempt is in flashback I have gotten to level 92 and farming Shaped underground sea (tier 11).

Does any of the most experience people here have any tips to get this over the top and ready to farm T12+? I got 5 exalt and 270 chaos to spend in flashback.

I know what to do to get more damage, thats my ED and empower gems. And spend more on better Jewels for spell / chaos / Dot damage

1. Skill gems - Should I change anything of this setup?
- 6 link ED (waiting to vaal to get 21/20 Essence Drain - Empower level 4 cost 6 exalt).
- 5 link Blight - Very happy with this set-up
- 3 link contagion+flamedash

- 2 link cast when damage taken + 2 link wither

- 3 link shield charge
- 3 link curse (despair and TC - with impresence despair get no mana reservation)

2. Items
- Should i 6-link The Perfect Storm and use it together with Atziri's step? To get a real evasion build + arctic armour for better defence?
- Or is Cloak of Defiance with mana providing Grand Spectrum Cobalt Jewels a betther defensive setup?
- Any other items that I should get?
- Flask - Are the setup okay?

3. Skill tree
- I got some extra dexteriy for the time I used The Perfect Storm - If I am not going for Perfect Storm I can respec to more life and jewel.

Overall, this will be a test for the next league, do I use it only as a league starter or do I take it all the way to high tier farming.

Ozon_

"
Hey bro!
Glad to hear you're still enjoying this build :)

I would personally say that you should invest to get an "Indigon" helmet and try that out, also get a +1 lvl of gems Tabula Rasa if you feel tanky enough as it will increase your dmg a lot ^^

I got Skin of the loyal that is better then +1 lvl Tabula rasa as it gives some defence.

I can try out Indigon helmet (3 exalt) or Empower (6 exalt) for more damage. But I think I need a little more survivability for T12+. How can I get that? Or is it flashback that is very hard?
Spoiler

Ozon_
Everything that Ghazzy recommends is focused towards damage. If it is survivability you are after, The Perfect Form would be a good choice in combination with your more static play-style to deal damage with a damage focused Allelopathy setup. I have been very happy with my Perfect Form in Flashback, where I have reliably been clearing guardian maps without any issues.
"
Nedieth wrote:
Everything that Ghazzy recommends is focused towards damage. If it is survivability you are after, The Perfect Form would be a good choice in combination with your more static play-style to deal damage with a damage focused Allelopathy setup. I have been very happy with my Perfect Form in Flashback, where I have reliably been clearing guardian maps without any issues.

Thanks!

How would you rate The Perfect Storm and Atziri's step for a evasion build + arctic armour vs Cloak of Defiance with mana providing Grand Spectrum Cobalt Jewels?

I guess if I loose +1 gems in armour i should get 21/20 ED and/or empower level 4 for guardian? Or is the damage good enough?

Ozon_

EDIT: "NediDoinTheSameOld" you really know trickster builds. :)
Last edited by Odd_the_king on May 23, 2018, 3:06:28 PM
It is all a question if you prefer to maximize your effective health or if you want some damage mitigation and avoidance. Personally, I prefer to have mitigation and avoidance, as we can already get 7-8k EHP with a build like this.

Just to pull numbers out of nowhere, say you got 1k extra effective health of of a Cloak of Defiance setup. 7k EHP with The Perfect Form, 8k with Cloak. With perfect, you have 30% chance to avoid spells, so with a lot of small spell hits, it would take more spells to kill you. If you were to get hit by one 7.5k damage spell on the other hand, the spell would "never" kill you with Cloak, but kill you 70% of the time with Perfect. There is no correct answer to what is wrong and right here, and Ghazzy seems to prefer the EHP approach.

Don't worry too much about your ED damage. With damage supports in your Allelopathy, Blight at full stack deals over twice the damage of a full level 21 ED + level 4 Empower 6L.

I would try out The Perfect Form if you don't need to swap too much gear around and just test for yourself if the lower total EHP is what suits you.

As a little extra argument for The Perfect Form, here is a video of me taking an Uber Atziri flameblast straight in the face on HC after getting stunned out of my Shield Charge: https://youtu.be/Zy9Oyc_1UgU?t=6m43s
spell dodge for the win!

EDIT: Yeah, I think I have 4-5 ED characters currently... Don't tell anyone.
Last edited by Nedieth on May 23, 2018, 3:12:09 PM
Then I guess next league I try The Perfect Form, then the league after Cloak of Defiance.
Thanks again for the answear, got a lot wiser.
Ozon_

EDIT: Also, can you help me with the discussion about 1 or 2 curses? I got impresence, and use despair (ofcorse) and Temporal chains. Should I use only despair to get maximum mana? And I can respec for more damage.

And what about CWDT? Now I have it as a 2 link. Hard to make everything you want to fit
Last edited by Odd_the_king on May 23, 2018, 3:57:40 PM
@Odd_the_king:

Flashback is/was a very rippy/hard league to deal with. Regarding end-game gear, the approach will always come down to a matter of personal taste with this build!

Regarding 1 or 2 curses, I personally prefer to run 2 curses, Impressence allows for 0% reservation from Despair (or 0% via Witchfire Brew Stibnite Flask) which keeps your unreserved mana pool at bay!

@Nedieth:

Thanks for helping out during my absence :)

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
@Nedieth I am ... confused how do you survive a t14 added dmg/extra proj blue porcupine(as in no cwdt/ic)? I am playing SC but still hate to die.
Thanks for this guide, I have used it for my very first POE character and so far have been enjoying it. I am currently at level 80 running tier 6 maps and have a question regarding resistances:
Currently my elemental resistances are capped at 75% and chaos resistance is at -27%. I would now like to switch to the +1 level of socketed gems Tabula Rasa chest piece (the level of this one should not matter, right?) but obviously that does not provide any resistance in contrast to my current piece. I could change to a +40% resistances Goldrim but with the gear I am seeing posted I am wondering whether capping resistances is what people here do. Any suggestions regarding gear for around 100 c total would be great.
Last edited by sloth0815 on May 29, 2018, 2:36:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info