GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

The amulet really looks interesting. Especially as I always felt that there are no outstanding amulet options for this build. Yes sure, a rare with spell damage, but nothing really stood out. This option can really be interesting. Problem probably will be: good luck getting this amulet in the chaos version with +1 curses ...

The staff also seems a good option, though a rare crafted +3 chaos staff will probably still be better (no idea how obtainable the new staff is). There are currently only 2 6S available on poe.trade and no 6L. Let alone the right colours...

@OniAkumaYubokumin: you can't wield a dagger and scepter at the same time (at least I think you can't, not 100% sure any more now that I think about it). But anyways, typically a good shield with spell damage is the better option due to the def stats it provides in addition.

@Kane2077: as with all spell based builds, this one scales well with gems and only to a lesser degree with items (compared to attack based builds). That's why you might feel it stops at 50k, though there are ways. In the previous league, I think I reached approx 90k and there were still quite some (quite expensive, but so are high-end attack based builds) ways to go significantly higher. In particular incr. chaos dam rings, spell damage amu (see above), a +1 corrupted Skin of the Loyal (price at end of league was 1 mirror...) or a +3 staff. Or simply more levels (I was only lvl 93) -> grab more offensive nods / jewel sockets.

With all the new items this league, I think I will be able to get to higher levels of DoT dps - only constraint being whether I find sufficient time to play :)

@Notashotasu1: I think they are quite important. As mentioned by Ghazzy in the context of BotC, they will allow you to maintain the rotation much more easily. And not dropping the DoT in difficult fight means more damage.
Does the Hinder of Singularity increase the DoT of ED? And is the AOE fixed? Im looking for weapon options. My currend weapon is this unique spell dmg dagger.
hi ! So far i have a lot of fun, thx ! There are some noob questions.
1. What about weapon ? Do i need to use few times Essence of Delirium to get decent dagger(what dagger do i use for this) or just one is good enough.Maybe should i just wait for unique scepter
2. Could you tell me more about flasks ? It really doesn't matter that much what suffix on life and prefix on utility(basalt?) i use ?
3. What about abyss belt and jewel. Should i have one ?
4. I'm starting to have problems with strengh. Is it worth to upgrade gems and find some strengh EQ ?
Last edited by FlameOfTheDark on Dec 12, 2017, 5:04:31 AM
Hey! Thanks for the build, it's lots of fun :D
You never answered the question about new item staff of unravelling. Is it viable in high tier maps? +2 to chaos gems seems pretty strong, only issue is the right colors of sockets.
Okay new to mind of matter so question?

If I get cloak of defiance could I drop mind of matter or are the nodes behind mind over matter too good not to take?
Or do you take the grand spectrum jewels because you drop the mind over matter?
Guys, wouldn't something like this a decent placeholder before getting Breath of the Council?

https://i.imgur.com/GRZN9NO.png
"
oedipat wrote:
Does the Hinder of Singularity increase the DoT of ED? And is the AOE fixed? Im looking for weapon options. My currend weapon is this unique spell dmg dagger.

From the wiki (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Singularity)

"
The radius of the Sigularity item aura is 25.[1] It cannot be altered with modifiers to area of effect because the aura is a property of the item, not a character.[2]

(60-80)% increased Damage against Hindered Enemies is a conditional modifier and it doesn't affect damage over time.

So, ED doesn't benefit from it.

Weapon options have been discussed quite at length in this thread. General conclusion was that for general purposes: BotC > Delirium Sai > rest. For boss killing, the best option is a +3 staff.
Contagion:

- Contagion, Faster Casting, Increased Area of Effect, Arcane Surge

you mentioned faster casting for contagion .. does it some how stack ? because it seems fast enought to apply it for enemies . am thinking to replace it with another gem
@Garyas:
You back helping me out in this thread? :D
Currently racing #1 Elementalist in Hardcore, a bit hard to keep up atm! >.<

"
I see, thanks for answering :). What about using the Scpeter and a Dagger at the same time?

You'd want to use Shield Charge tbh :)

"
Notashotasu1 wrote:
Hey Ghazzy,

I was wondering how important the skill duration & Potency of will nodes are?

Thanks!

They really help when it comes to connecting your "rotation" vs bosses, without it you lose effective DPS.

"
Garyas wrote:
The amulet really looks interesting. Especially as I always felt that there are no outstanding amulet options for this build. Yes sure, a rare with spell damage, but nothing really stood out. This option can really be interesting. Problem probably will be: good luck getting this amulet in the chaos version with +1 curses ...

The staff also seems a good option, though a rare crafted +3 chaos staff will probably still be better (no idea how obtainable the new staff is). There are currently only 2 6S available on poe.trade and no 6L. Let alone the right colours...

@OniAkumaYubokumin: you can't wield a dagger and scepter at the same time (at least I think you can't, not 100% sure any more now that I think about it). But anyways, typically a good shield with spell damage is the better option due to the def stats it provides in addition.

@Kane2077: as with all spell based builds, this one scales well with gems and only to a lesser degree with items (compared to attack based builds). That's why you might feel it stops at 50k, though there are ways. In the previous league, I think I reached approx 90k and there were still quite some (quite expensive, but so are high-end attack based builds) ways to go significantly higher. In particular incr. chaos dam rings, spell damage amu (see above), a +1 corrupted Skin of the Loyal (price at end of league was 1 mirror...) or a +3 staff. Or simply more levels (I was only lvl 93) -> grab more offensive nods / jewel sockets.

With all the new items this league, I think I will be able to get to higher levels of DoT dps - only constraint being whether I find sufficient time to play :)

@Notashotasu1: I think they are quite important. As mentioned by Ghazzy in the context of BotC, they will allow you to maintain the rotation much more easily. And not dropping the DoT in difficult fight means more damage.

<3

Also to mention to @Kane2077:
The build is designed for clear speed league starter purpose, if you use a +1 corrupted Tabula Rasa you should be able to fly through yellow tier maps, for higher you need to invest more currency & if you wish to stomp on bosses you should switch to a +3 staff.

"
hi ! So far i have a lot of fun, thx ! There are some noob questions.
1. What about weapon ? Do i need to use few times Essence of Delirium to get decent dagger(what dagger do i use for this) or just one is good enough.Maybe should i just wait for unique scepter
2. Could you tell me more about flasks ? It really doesn't matter that much what suffix on life and prefix on utility(basalt?) i use ?
3. What about abyss belt and jewel. Should i have one ?
4. I'm starting to have problems with strengh. Is it worth to upgrade gems and find some strengh EQ ?

Hey,

Glad you're enjoying it!

1) BotC = best imo.
2) What mods you have doesn't really matter it's more targeted towards newer players that might not know that having a "..of Heat" flask helps tons vs freezing boxes or "..of Staunching" to remove bleed etc etc.
3) Rare belt = defence focused // Bisco's leash = clear speed focus // abyss belts = dmg & defence // abyss unique belt = pure dmg if you have a lot of abyss jewels :P
4) I recommend using a strength providing belt and get some strength on your gear as well, keep in mind that you get Life from strength as well.

"
Kayletha wrote:
Hey! Thanks for the build, it's lots of fun :D
You never answered the question about new item staff of unravelling. Is it viable in high tier maps? +2 to chaos gems seems pretty strong, only issue is the right colors of sockets.

Hey,

Cheers!
Well, If you go for a +2/+3 staff I would see it as a lower budget one (not sure what the price of it is atm...?) cause a rare +3 spell dmg rolled staff is going to outperform that, we already generate charges and we have tons of effective eHP.

"
Krekel82 wrote:
Okay new to mind of matter so question?

If I get cloak of defiance could I drop mind of matter or are the nodes behind mind over matter too good not to take?
Or do you take the grand spectrum jewels because you drop the mind over matter?

Nah, keep MoM keystone to reach the very much needed mana nodes behind it despite the nerf :)

"
tgodoy85 wrote:
Guys, wouldn't something like this a decent placeholder before getting Breath of the Council?

https://i.imgur.com/GRZN9NO.png

With the increased dmg per charge, yes. However BotC gives that inc duration but you should be very fine without it if you find something granting better dmg than BotC.

"
S3N1A wrote:
Contagion:

- Contagion, Faster Casting, Increased Area of Effect, Arcane Surge

you mentioned faster casting for contagion .. does it some how stack ? because it seems fast enought to apply it for enemies . am thinking to replace it with another gem

Matter of taste :)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Hi, I started following this build, more specifically the path of building setup. And I just noticed that it has +1 curse, but only one curse is used in the skill setup.

At the moment, I'm thinking of diverging because I don't really have any curse gem slots either, and go for Corruption/chaos damage next to the +curse instead.

Can anyone explain whether I should take the +curse or not?

Thanks for any help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info