GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
Ghazzy wrote:

Nice!
Blight with 2x Spreading Rot jewels via Allelopathy gloves helps tons vs bosses.

I switched to 2 Spreading Rot Jewels from the Grand Spectrum ones. It already helps a ton. I'll switch out the other jewel aswell for something with chaos damage I suppose.

Thanks again for the build. I was looking for something different that could work without a crazy investment. I had never played Trickster or a Chaos build damage, so this was perfect :)

It's also fun because it feels engaging to do "combos".
"
Ivonbeton wrote:

Ivonbeton, is that you? I mean, the same guy I played D3 with? We used to run quite a couple of GR with our DO build Wizzes....

Let's team up here as well! I'll invite you to our guild (same as in D3) ;)
"
Nedieth wrote:
I just thought I'd add a few comments to Garyas latest post. I keep track of the ED posts to see what people are doing, and you generally give very good info. There are some minor issues with your latest reply, so I figured I should make sure nobody gets confused.

Thanks!

Indeed, I did not read the tooltip of Pierce with sufficient care, i.e. I did not realize it boosts projectile damage. I did mentioned earlier that projectile damage doesn't help this build, as it only scales the initial hit, but I did not realize that Pierce indeed does just that. Thanks for the correction!

And also thanks for pointing out that Decay does not stack. Then I'm however somewhat lost how the 500 damage of Decay gets scaled to a 35k DoT at all, is it purely via increased / more DoT and increased Chaos Damage? I thought you would hit the same mob repeatedly to get several stacks for Decay. And as Decay only gets applied from hits, this means it's only applied by the projectile's first hit anyways, right?

As you can see, I never really looked in depth into the Decay Sai topic, since I figured it would be much harder & more expensive to get compared to a BotC which is better most of the times anyways.

What about the increased attack speed btw? ED is a spell, so it should not benefit from that. Is it only for faster Shield charges?
Decay scales with both your passive tree and the gem links of it's "delivery mechanism", in this case ED. With a decay Sai equipped, you can see the following things:

Shield Charge applies Decay, and will kill very weak enemies.
ED applies a stronger Decay than Shield Charge due to gem links providing DoT damage and chaos damage.
ED you shoot through proximity shields will not apply Decay, as the hit component of the spell is removed, and only the DoT part affects the target.

These three scenarios pretty much outlines how Decay interacts with the build. Decay used to also scale with spell damage (exclusive to ED), but that is no longer the case. Before 3.0 an ED build would effectively double it's single target DPS by using a Decay weapon with a level 19 ED gem.

Attack speed is very strong on weapons, as Shield Charge scales off both movement speed and attack speed. Most importantly, it does NOT scale with the base attack speed of your weapon, but the % increased attack speed roll on a weapon. This is what makes Brightbeak as strong as it is. Just try to shield charge with any T1 rolled % attack speed weapon and compare it to Breath of the Council. This is why many people used to value attack speed rolls even higher than spell damage on their Decay weapons.

Today, Decay is garbage, and all ED characters should aim for a BotC or Brightbeak.
"
Garyas wrote:
"
Ivonbeton wrote:

Ivonbeton, is that you? I mean, the same guy I played D3 with? We used to run quite a couple of GR with our DO build Wizzes....

Let's team up here as well! I'll invite you to our guild (same as in D3) ;)

Haha, yes it's me. I already wondered if that was the real Grayas! I've also found Mr.Petrov on here, but he hasn't been online since I added him.

I'll add you ingame! :D
"
Nedieth wrote:
Decay ...

Thanks, very clear now.

I effectively came back to PoE for 3.0 - started a few weeks earlier to learn the basics and "prepare" but did not make it to endgame in 2.6. So pretty much all my knowledge is based on 3.0 mechanics.

I played the game for a very limited amount of time back in Jan 2013. If I'm not mistaken, all I did was play through once on Normal and that's about it. Too little to really get into PoE, as that takes some time.

But as soon as you understand how the game works, it's such a great game. Much deeper than ... some other games :)
"
Ivonbeton wrote:

Haha, yes it's me.

Awesome! :)
But a question that stands.. skin vs cheribum's 6linked? Is the level to gems provided better than 80% Chaos? Or 100% leech per sec, or life for that matter.. Help me understand.

Blight users not running Vaal Lightning Trap?
Sacrifice Immortal Call too?

When is blight or no blight setup better? End game or not end game etc..
"
weppe1337 wrote:
But a question that stands.. skin vs cheribum's 6linked? Is the level to gems provided better than 80% Chaos?

Yes, simply because the 80% increased gets added to a lot of other sources of increased damage. Just as an example, I have 829% increased (chaos, spell, damage over time) damage from the passive tree, items, gems. Going from 829% to 909% is a much smaller increase than the term "80% increased damage" suggests, namely 10.09/9.29 = 1.086 = +8,6%

On the other hand, a +1 corruption provides an increase to all gems, in particular to ED and Empower, which in turn adds another level to ED, so you get +2 ED levels and +1 level to each of your other supports. Neglecting the latter for a second, you go from an ED Lvl 22 (just Empower Lvl 3) to ED Lvl 24 which means 1850 instead of 1466 damage per sec, which is an increase of 26,2%. So indeed much better.

At the expense of all the defensive stats of course.

"
Or 100% leech per sec

we don't leech in our build, so that stat does nothing for us (it's all regeneration).

"
or life for that matter..

more life of course is nice to have. If you feel you need more defense but your offense is fine, also something like Belly could be considered. On the other hand, we already get about 200% increased life from the tree, so one should be fine on that stat.

"
Blight users not running Vaal Lightning Trap?
Sacrifice Immortal Call too?

I dropped Vaal Lightning Trap, didn't use it before either though (but used Flame Golem). I felt that the 15% inreased damage taken by enemies was not worth it, especially since this is again a 15% increase on top of other sources of increased damage taken (most importantly up to 140% from Wither stacks), so it's effectively less than 15%.

In my current setup, I run a mini CWDT setup (just CWDT + IC) because it proves really helpful against porcupines and such.

"

When is blight or no blight setup better? End game or not end game etc..

I guess that's also a matter of taste an personal preference. It's only really "needed" in endgame, because you use it primarily vs bosses (or the odd Vaal totem / Vaal aura rare). It's also quite fun to use vs. Harbinger spawns (e.g. the boss fight in Beachhead) to sometimes insta-implode whole packs of them. You need to be somewhat cautious using it though, as it has short range and you need to be stationary to channel it. Against some bosses, that's quite dangerous.

So, there's no clear "better" or "worse". It does have advantages (big boost to boss dps) at the cost of some disadvantages (need to drop some gems for max damage setup & potentially more dangerous playstyle).
Last edited by Garyas on Oct 16, 2017, 4:30:11 AM
"
Garyas wrote:
Next stop: Empower Lvl 4 ;)

Done:

Unbuffed ED tooltip in hideout.

Next major upgrade would be a +1 corrupted Skin, but that's way above my budget.
Last edited by Garyas on Oct 16, 2017, 8:45:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info