GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Finally decided that currency in the stash doesn't help at all, so I went and bought a 21/20 ED.

PoB effective DPS now at 384k for ED and 43x20 = 860k for Blight (both @ 20 Wither stacks).
Next stop: Empower Lvl 4 ;)
Can you tell me your DPS and Chaos Damage in the tooltip WITHOUT any enhancement?

Thanks.
"
Lord_Endimion wrote:
Can you tell me your DPS and Chaos Damage in the tooltip WITHOUT any enhancement?

Thanks.

Chaos damage is 79.563 per sec (that's the relevant figure)
Tooltip dps on top (initial hit) is 22.728 (irrelevant)

Without any buffs in hideout.
Last edited by Garyas on Oct 13, 2017, 5:48:56 PM
"
Garyas wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:
* +1 Corrupted properly colored Skin of the Loyal
* Additional Curse corrupted good spell dmg/life/mana amulet
* +3 chaos staff for boss farming approach vs insane spell dmg Delirium dagger for map clearing (also works for boss farming, specially when pushing the limits tbh, I'd rather do the dagger if I went all in)

The +1 corrupted Skin of the Loyal (i.e. with +2 total gem levels) should be same (if not more) damage compared to +3 chaos staff, since:

assuming Lvl 21 ED, Lvl 4 Empower:

with +2 Skin:
4 Empower -> 6 Empower -> +5 Levels
21+2+5 = 28

with +3 Staff (which is +1 gems und +2 chaos gems)
4 Empower -> 5 Empower -> +4 Levels
21+3+4 = 28

So same level gems with both setups, which is the most significant thing for damage. But using Skin allows you to use either dagger or BotC + shield which probably will net you with more +spell / chaos damage compared to the staff + maybe Cherrubim's.

But ofc getting a +2 Skin with the right color sockets will be VERY expensive if available at all. The last one I have seen on poe.trade was 100+ ex and overall I have only seen 2 the whole time (might even be the same one).

Aye missed to mention it's either Skin +2 or +3 staff :)
If I dumped all my currency in it I'd run skin +2 with high spell dmg delirium dagger / high spell dmg shield.

"
TPAKATt wrote:
Hmmm i like your build , i will try it

Awesome! :D

"
Garyas wrote:
Finally decided that currency in the stash doesn't help at all, so I went and bought a 21/20 ED.

PoB effective DPS now at 384k for ED and 43x20 = 860k for Blight (both @ 20 Wither stacks).
Next stop: Empower Lvl 4 ;)

Sick!

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
"
Ghazzy wrote: Vaal spells doesn't work on CWDT which is why I've intentionally placed it on the CWDT as it is meant to be casted manually.

Oh wow, I feel dumb :P It does look like it is helping on boss fights now

Picked up a Heartbreaker and its nice to have Shield Charge back, T1 maps are not presenting any difficulty so I guess I'm starting up the chain now. Been trying out trading and everything, still a Chaos short of a Tabula, but it's nice to know what I'm working towards.

Thanks for your help!
I would like to know why my tooltip damage in hideout is 20k. I have 3 chaos damage jewels and only miss 1 gem in chest (Cherribum's, currently trying to fuse my 6th link).
I even have spell power amulet and gloves, and these seemed to not even affect the tooltip? Is this because spell power/damage doesn't count towards the chaos damage count?

And why would I rum a delirium crafted dagger over a carnal sceptre?

Why would a run a statless chest as rasa or skin when I can invest in one with stats? Lol I just dont get these things yet. Im new.

I could use some markers.. I'm trying to get this build as heavily geared as possible, I don't enjoy changing characters that much. Some simple pointers? Also, is the blight glove really that good considering taking the slots from immortal call combo?
Also, I change to rampage belt for lower maps.

I wish there was more endgame guidance. Like, "get this and you're maxed out"

My character profile is open for inspection :)
Last edited by weppe1337 on Oct 14, 2017, 7:56:36 AM
Some answers:

1) One more gem in chest can be quite significant. In a +1 corrupted TR, if you add Empower 3 in the 6th slot, that means 3 additional levels for ED. And that adds quite some damage. Or if you use Poison or Pierce, you gain an additional "more" multiplier of up to 19%. So... the 6th link adds substantial damage.

2) Spell damage should increase the damage over time component of ED - and the DoT component is all that matters. The initial hit is negligible.

3) Delirium crafted dagger adds Decay stacks, which add to single target dps. They do not spread with Contagion though, so for map clearing, they don't help. In general I think you could say that BotC is the safest choice. Carnal sceptre as such will not help you, the implicit is for elemental damage. What we want is the unique version Breath of the Council (BotC).

4) TR is great because
a) it's a 6L and a very cheap one
b) it has white sockets, so no need to use chromatics, also easy to try out various setups (Poison (g) or Pierce (g) vs. an Empower (r) later on)
c) It's quite "cheap" to get a TR+1, whereas another 6L with the correct socket colors AND the +1 corruption will be MUCH more expensive.
d) the +1 corruption does way more for your damage output (especially if you also run Empower) than any other stat.
e) of course defensive wise, other chests are much better but also more expensive.
I just thought I'd add a few comments to Garyas latest post. I keep track of the ED posts to see what people are doing, and you generally give very good info. There are some minor issues with your latest reply, so I figured I should make sure nobody gets confused.

1) It is very important to note that the "More" multiplier to projectile damage, or any kind of projectile damage for that matter, no longer scales ED DoT damage as of 3.0. This makes the added damage component of Pierce virtually useless, and this gem should only be used if you really struggle with hitting weaker mobs or "Allies Cannot Die" auras. As for Poison, the use is up to debate.

3) Delirium/Decay does not stack. In addition to this, Decay no longer gains the "Modifiers to Spell Damage apply to this Skill's Damage Over Time effect" from the ED gem. If you scale a lot of spell damage (Controlled Destruction, Efficacy), These supports does not scale Decay damage at all. This results in, at least for my character, a "perfect" multi-modded Sai like I linked below providing equal DPS for ED (not counting the possibility of using Blight) as Breath of the Council. This effectively makes BotC vastly superior for ED characters as long as you can live without the potential attack speed roll on a Delirium Sai or a Brightbeak.
I'm loving this build so far. The single target DPS on Bosses seems a bit low though. Am I missing something or is that just a downside of the build?
"
OrionALT wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote: Vaal spells doesn't work on CWDT which is why I've intentionally placed it on the CWDT as it is meant to be casted manually.

Oh wow, I feel dumb :P It does look like it is helping on boss fights now

Picked up a Heartbreaker and its nice to have Shield Charge back, T1 maps are not presenting any difficulty so I guess I'm starting up the chain now. Been trying out trading and everything, still a Chaos short of a Tabula, but it's nice to know what I'm working towards.

Thanks for your help!

Great! Glad you hear bro :)

And, don't feel dumb. PoE is the most complex ARPG on the market, you'll encounter several similar experiences in the near future, trust me! ;)

"
Garyas wrote:
Some answers:

1) One more gem in chest can be quite significant. In a +1 corrupted TR, if you add Empower 3 in the 6th slot, that means 3 additional levels for ED. And that adds quite some damage. Or if you use Poison or Pierce, you gain an additional "more" multiplier of up to 19%. So... the 6th link adds substantial damage.

2) Spell damage should increase the damage over time component of ED - and the DoT component is all that matters. The initial hit is negligible.

3) Delirium crafted dagger adds Decay stacks, which add to single target dps. They do not spread with Contagion though, so for map clearing, they don't help. In general I think you could say that BotC is the safest choice. Carnal sceptre as such will not help you, the implicit is for elemental damage. What we want is the unique version Breath of the Council (BotC).

4) TR is great because
a) it's a 6L and a very cheap one
b) it has white sockets, so no need to use chromatics, also easy to try out various setups (Poison (g) or Pierce (g) vs. an Empower (r) later on)
c) It's quite "cheap" to get a TR+1, whereas another 6L with the correct socket colors AND the +1 corruption will be MUCH more expensive.
d) the +1 corruption does way more for your damage output (especially if you also run Empower) than any other stat.
e) of course defensive wise, other chests are much better but also more expensive.

+1

With the comments @Nedieth added about Projectile damage no longer scaling the DoT which is the main focus, as mentioned.

And bro @Nedieth that's a nice dagger ;)

"
Ivonbeton wrote:
I'm loving this build so far. The single target DPS on Bosses seems a bit low though. Am I missing something or is that just a downside of the build?

Nice!
Blight with 2x Spreading Rot jewels via Allelopathy gloves helps tons vs bosses.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info