GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
NaeRo2 wrote:
Anyone around have experience with this build in SSF?

Looking to kill guardians at the least. I think it has the potential to get there, but this would be my first ED build so not quite sure.

Shouldn't be a problem. Tabula corrupted +1 is my favourable choice for this as a chest piece and it is very much farmable, the rest shouldn't be too hard to obtain to make it viable for guardians :)

"
barron891 wrote:
Not sure how to search this thread specifically, but how does witch brew promote 2 curses?

I am running the enfeeble as an aura as suggested, so the flask would give vulnerability during use. Is this the "two curses" or am I misunderstanding?

I'm also having issues with resistances, I did recently purchase the recommended boots, gloves and shield and I'm not seeing where resists are coming from unless that just is not a factor I should be overly concerned with? (I'm currently at -4% fire, 48% cold, 40% lightning, -52% chaos)

I still have a bit of gearing to do of course and leveling but am definitely curious as to where I can pick up more resist.

Thanks for any information and thanks for the guide. Enjoying the build!

To run 2x Curses you need to drop some of the mana nodes & reach the "Whispers of Doom" cluster north of witch starter area to get that additional curse. Other options are Doedre's Damning Ring or Windscream Boots :)

Unique stacking means higher pressure of resistances on other gear pieces, at least generally. Resistances needs to be capped that is #1 priority, then life/mana.

My pleasure bro, glad you're enjoying it!

"
Artegal87 wrote:
So whats the way 2 go for body armour and Jewels in Hardcore??

This MoM armour is way 2 expensive for me - so i just skill it in the tree?

And wich mobility skill - i think i read "go for shield charge" and somewhere go for whirling blades??

And the adds lvl 23 blight gloves are just for the +chaos dmg? or use blight aswell 2 procc the harbringer shield buff - im confused af :(

Ty

Body armour depends on your personal play style, some prefers a "proper" chest whilst myself and many others prefers the Tabula Rasa, as a corrupted +1 Tabula costs less than any of the other choices in a 6L and still outperforms them when you get an Empower lvl 3+. However, you do not get any defensive bonuses for it.

Shield Charge vs Whirling Blades is also a matter of personal taste.
The Blight gloves can be used in a few different ways:
1) blight totem (prevents the use of Wither totem)
2) Blight self cast (rotation vs bosses => ED > Contagion (for arcane surge) > Wither Totem > Blight (re-apply ed/contagion(arcane surge) when needed).

"
Efed wrote:
"
Jeff2Hot wrote:
I know you prefer the Tabula Rasa +1 Sockets for chest, but what would you consider to be "BIS" in your opinion for Helm, Wep, Boots etc. Thank you in advance!

Skin of the Loyal Simple Robe +2 to all gems bis

+1

Weapon: Rare 100%+ spell dmg rolled dagger.
Helmet: high life/res/mana with ED enchant.
Boots: High movement speed, res/life/mana. Or Atziri Slink
Gloves: Allelopathy
Rings: Chaos dmg crafted rings with life/res/mana
Amulet: Aylardex or rare with spell dmg/life/res/mana
Shield: Rare with high spell dmg/life/res/mana or Rathpith Globe or Harbinger shield "Unshattered Will"

"
evilelv wrote:
what is better setup:
cwdt-ic-inc duration-enfeeble withot blasphemy and clarity
or
cwdt-ic-blasphemy-enfeeble without clarity and inc duration for immortal call?
need to drop something for support damage gems in blight gloves

If hardcore, never drop enfeeble blasphemy.
If softcore fine.

You don't need increased duration for the Immortal Call tbh :)

"
LateralusMike wrote:
Thought i might showcase my hardcore temp league gear
for those wondering I found a good sale from a darkpact caster for a nice +3 staff

Currently sitting at 6.1k life, 2k unreserved mana
117% Fire
119% Cold
115% Light
-60% Chaos

2900 evasion
goes to 12640(47%) with

MoM, dual curse Acrobatics

6 frenzy charges 5 power charges
Full charges Ed DoT damage is around 140k

I run blas enfeeble and clairty

use witch-fire or manually cast enfeeble (situational).

is my weapon switch for running ( faster cast + flame dash for boss fights with staff)

As for my tree, its quite unique for a level 86, i think due to staff and chest I dont need nearly as many points, but i will be going towards Atrophy (93).

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAQHBLMFtQceB2MI9AkgDPIOSBEtES8RlhNtFAkWvxzcIvQj9iaIJpUo-isKLJwwfDLRNZI2PTfUOlg64Ty2Ps9Bh0VHRZ1JT0lRTLNNkk3jUUdTUlVLVcZauV3yXsBfKmHiYqxo8mpDaoxsC2yMbRl2gnxLfIN_xoCzgseD24UyiFqLDo19jb-PGpFHkyeVLpZ0ly2XlZf0muCdqqEvogCi2aOjpcumV7DYtMW00bVItzC3PriTvKq86r3mvorAZsLsyAzIFMu90B_UI9i92jvmgetj6-Tr7u0_7-vwH_DV8kX1b_no_gr-jw==?accountName=LateralusMike&characterName=EDLateralus

feel free to ask any questions in relations to my veriation.

Very nice! Thank you for sharing :)

"
stevieQQ wrote:
hey guys, loving your build so far but im lacking of single target dmg, is there possibility to get more dps with changing a gem or something?

here is my gear :

and some jewels with hp%mana%chaosdmg%dmgovertime

Besides the obviousm "higher numeric values" comment you can do this:
Change Pierce for either of these gems listed in order of efficiency;
Empower Lvl 3-4 > Poison

"
evilelv wrote:
"
Okay, I keep seeing the build author say MoM + CoD (cloak of defiance) stack and = 40% dmg taken from mana before life... but that's not true I don't think. CoD and MoM DO NOT STACK. It even says so in the wiki. Which is why I was stumped as to why anyone would take CoD on it's own over cherrubrim's or skin of the loyal?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cloak_of_Defiance

Cloak gives you MoM passive + 10% more, it's the same as passive in the skill tree and they do not stack, so cloak gives you 40% and we take MoM in the tree only for mana nodes behind it. If you don't need mana nodes, you can save some skill points.

As stated in here, CoD grants you the keystone & an additional 10% which makes you get 40% MoM effect. However, we still take the keystone to reach the much needed stupidly good mana nodes behind the Keystone :)

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
I've been playing this build for a couple weeks now and just wanted to say thanks to Ghazzy for putting this together and actually sticking with the thread and answering questions. That is awesome.

Here's my gear, please let me know if there are any significant improvements to be made:

I'm using two spreading rot jewels and a spell damage increased rare jewel (still need to get a better one, but I need the dex for the chest requirement).

A few questions:

1.Assuming you can get a really good rare amulet (mine isn't), isn't it always better to get a +1 to curses instead of using multiple passives to get the same thing?

2.Can Empower be used in gloves to get Blight to lvl 23?

3. Is there a recommended setup for guardians and Shaper? I was blowing through pretty much all content and hit my first roadblock during a T16 guardian fight and burned through all my portals and was getting one shot (this was before I made the chest switch and was actually at 5.7k HP). Now I'm trying to play smarter and increase my DPS. Gunna watch a few videos. Wish T16 runs weren't so damn expensive.

Thanks so much for all your help.
Last edited by Surfinn on Sep 21, 2017, 12:35:06 PM
Second league I am playing this build and happy with it. I want to thank you for creating it.
I have a few questions about this new version. In the last league I followed the build close and changed a few things, connected to a more expensive setup and felt really happy with the result at the end:

Spoiler

The defense was based on Iron Reflexes + Grace + flasks, Immortal Call + Red Nightmare and Skin of the Lords Phase Acrobatics.

I really liked the Iron Reflexes and wondered what was the reason to change to MoM-priority. I am not very good in creating builds, so my question is, what is the main game change, what made Iron Reflexes not that good.
My current character feels OK like it's right now, but not as comfortable as in the old version. I guess I have many things to improve on it. Is it a good idea to try to go back to Iron Reflexes later eventually at the cost of the mana and getting back the Grace gem? If you have any advises, I will be happy to read them. Here my current setup:
Spoiler

Thank you very much for your time!
"
Ghazzy wrote:
"
NaeRo2 wrote:

Looking to kill guardians at the least. I think it has the potential to get there, but this would be my first ED build so not quite sure.

Shouldn't be a problem. Tabula corrupted +1 is my favourable choice for this as a chest piece and it is very much farmable, the rest shouldn't be too hard to obtain to make it viable for guardians :)

Thanks for being so active and helpful Ghazzy. You have so many guides and different types of content out there; it's impressive and appreciated!
"
Surfinn wrote:
I've been playing this build for a couple weeks now and just wanted to say thanks to Ghazzy for putting this together and actually sticking with the thread and answering questions. That is awesome.

Here's my gear, please let me know if there are any significant improvements to be made:

I'm using two spreading rot jewels and a spell damage increased rare jewel (still need to get a better one, but I need the dex for the chest requirement).

A few questions:

1.Assuming you can get a really good rare amulet (mine isn't), isn't it always better to get a +1 to curses instead of using multiple passives to get the same thing?

2.Can Empower be used in gloves to get Blight to lvl 23?

3. Is there a recommended setup for guardians and Shaper? I was blowing through pretty much all content and hit my first roadblock during a T16 guardian fight and burned through all my portals and was getting one shot (this was before I made the chest switch and was actually at 5.7k HP). Now I'm trying to play smarter and increase my DPS. Gunna watch a few videos. Wish T16 runs weren't so damn expensive.

Thanks so much for all your help.

Hey,

Glad you like it bro!
Empower can not be used for Blight sadly.

The curse amulet is sexy AF! And yes, it is obviously better but also costs a F*** load more.
Gear looks sexy tbh, could only increase the numeric values tbh.

Trickster ED/Contagion is more of a map clearer over boss farmer, though this build can handle them but will require extra care. For boss killing ED/Contagion I recommend the Occultist CI version. I might create a build guide for that as well tbh.

I'm very happy to hear that my time & work is being appreciated, cheers! <3

"
Thalido wrote:
Second league I am playing this build and happy with it. I want to thank you for creating it.
I have a few questions about this new version. In the last league I followed the build close and changed a few things, connected to a more expensive setup and felt really happy with the result at the end:

Spoiler

The defense was based on Iron Reflexes + Grace + flasks, Immortal Call + Red Nightmare and Skin of the Lords Phase Acrobatics.

I really liked the Iron Reflexes and wondered what was the reason to change to MoM-priority. I am not very good in creating builds, so my question is, what is the main game change, what made Iron Reflexes not that good.
My current character feels OK like it's right now, but not as comfortable as in the old version. I guess I have many things to improve on it. Is it a good idea to try to go back to Iron Reflexes later eventually at the cost of the mana and getting back the Grace gem? If you have any advises, I will be happy to read them. Here my current setup:
Spoiler

Thank you very much for your time!

Hey,

Never need to thank me for my time, I do what I can with the time I have cause I love what I do! :P
It's nice to hear that it's appreciated though <3

Winds of Change doesn't actually scale the DoT dmg, it will only increase the Projectile HIT damage. CHANGE!
Gear looks like an extremely solid map farmer, holy shit! O,o

MoM simply put, is insanely effective. In the old version I was contemplating IR vs MoM all the time, this time I decided to opt for the MoM version as it gave the build so many more options for end-game gearing for people.

"
NaeRo2 wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:
"
NaeRo2 wrote:

Thanks for being so active and helpful Ghazzy. You have so many guides and different types of content out there; it's impressive and appreciated!

Hey,

My pleasure bro!
Glad to hear that it's appreciated <3
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
I apologize for the possibly ignorant questions but how do yall incorporate blight into this build? I just recently got the Allelopathy gloves but blight is a channeled spell and wont work with blasphemy support. Right? Blight actually slows my farm down right now. Or maybe im just not using it right.
You don't use blight on most enemies, just where you need an extra bit of punch. You can check out this video to see how you can use blight in general mapping + to absolutely wreck bosses. If you watch a few of the clears, you can see that I barely use blight at all, but it is still very important to the single target of the build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O4I8llbsyw
So when you use blight , are you using it with wither on bosses or is it a substitute ? If you're combining both how are you using it with alleopathy when both are totems and cancel eaccother out? Are you self casting blight and if so what gem are you replacing it with so you can self cast and use wither totem? Thanks in advance!
Personally, I have two different dedicated setups for each of those. You can do it however you want. Dedicated setups will yield the best DPS, but also take the most gem slots. My links to provide maximum DPS (For my priorities. There are other ways to get more damage):

(Ignore the golem in the ED link. It is there for lab purposes.)

Contagion gives me Arcane Surge
Wither totem gives the target 20 stacks of Wither
Essence Drain is added for extra damage/AoE clearing
Blight is channeled for the crazy DPS

Everyone has different priorities on how to balance a character. Ghazzy might not do the same as me, and will hopefully give you a different advice. Try out different things and see what works best for you.
Last edited by Nedieth on Sep 22, 2017, 12:17:18 PM
When do you end up taking MoM? None of the skill trees have it while leveling.

Edit: Or is the idea that you use the unique instead of MoM?
Last edited by UnagiRolls on Sep 22, 2017, 3:11:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info